Default Paladin Sacred Defense Bugged

Has anyone else noticed that the Paladin Sacred Defense stance is bugged? With the Tenacious Defense (boost to max HP) and Hardy Defense (+6 con) loaded switching weapons, without switching shields, leads to a loss of HP. I can switch weapons back and forth and wind up dead on the street because I lose HP every time I make a weapon switch. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this.

Community Member

Default Good Catch

You are correct - switching weapons without a shield deactivates those feats.

I personally set up shield & weapon sets for all the weapons I use, so I wouldn't have caught this.

Default I reported this bug

...as Bug #24027-15461

While still holding a shield, but switching to a wand or scroll, you CANNOT top up your Tenacious Defense extra HP. The extra hitpoints go down as soon as you hold anything other than a melee weapon (still holding the shield, mind you). And once you pick up the melee weapon again, the max hitpoints go up again, unfilled.

Lame.

Switching weapons, keeping the shield on, still causes the loss. It drops the max HP and then I lose another 15 HP every time I switch weapons without removing the shield. Not using a weapon set, so it's not like the shield is coming off and then back on. Just wanted to see if it was only me or if others had seen this as well. I bugged this during the previous beta event, will do it again.

read by QA

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Still happening in the latest build. Hope it gets fixed before going live. It's actually possible to kill yourself doing this.

Community Member

While we're at it - Not sure if WAD but it doesnt work with Bulwark Defense (doesn't really count as defensive stance ?)

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Still happening.

I'm guessing the chances of this getting fixed by Monday are low
    Last edited by Krelar; 09-24-2013 at 02:17 PM.

2015 DDO Players Council MangLord's Avatar

I'm shelving my defender paladin until this is fixed. I have a lvl 11 pure defender paladin and lose over 90hp when I switch from one weapon to another, all with the same shield in the weapon set. Given the low dps, I have 7-8 weapons, each for specific targets. It's hard to get by using one sword for an entire quest. Since the shield is the same for all sets, I'm not unequipping it, just drawing a different sword/axe/scimitar.

Please fix this soon.

For the record this is happening with Stalwart Defender as well on Live today.

Kinda silly that the requirement says you need a shield so I swap the bastard sword for a heal scroll. Top myself up only to be down nearly 100 HP when the sword goes back in my hand.

It's not that they require a shield, they require a shield AND weapon. Also the little HP loss can be kinda fun, if you like walking about the city as a ghost.