Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Forum noob.

  1. #1

    Default Forum noob.

    Hey all, (

    I play under the moniker Tigerblood Epicwinning on the Orien server. I am new to the forums. I am currently working on my 11th life with a sorc splashed with pali and monk.

    (A)I can't find any documentation on the internet with regards to talking on the channels (i.e. trade channels) while in game. Admittedly, my efforts could have been better. Does anyone have a quick link on how to start, engage in, and leave channels?

    (B) I have been playing the game for twenty months and adore it. That being said, since my work and study hours are sporadic, I waste alot of free game time scanning the lfms to no avail. As noted in a previous post, solo'ing is not outside of the realm of possibility but the time required on elite runs is just not for me. I typically solo the hard and normal runs (or use it to break in those unacquainted with the nuances and mechanics of ddo). Atm, I am 9/2/2 Sorc Pali Monk and very self sufficient so if you have a toon in that range with nothing to do, please look me up.

    (C) The build I am currently using was inspired by Curing's post, so credit where credit is due. I think certain parties of members of my last life (10 Rogue/6 Ranger/4 Arti) wanted to know how that build worked so tend me a tell or mail if interested.

    I play the game unhappily, undisciplined, and with utter lack of dedication.
    Thanks,
    Tiger.

  2. #2
    Community Member Shalexilf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerbloodwinning View Post
    Hey all, (

    I play under the moniker Tigerblood Epicwinning on the Orien server. I am new to the forums. I am currently working on my 11th life with a sorc splashed with pali and monk.

    (A)I can't find any documentation on the internet with regards to talking on the channels (i.e. trade channels) while in game. Admittedly, my efforts could have been better. Does anyone have a quick link on how to start, engage in, and leave channels?

    (B) I have been playing the game for twenty months and adore it. That being said, since my work and study hours are sporadic, I waste alot of free game time scanning the lfms to no avail. As noted in a previous post, solo'ing is not outside of the realm of possibility but the time required on elite runs is just not for me. I typically solo the hard and normal runs (or use it to break in those unacquainted with the nuances and mechanics of ddo). Atm, I am 9/2/2 Sorc Pali Monk and very self sufficient so if you have a toon in that range with nothing to do, please look me up.

    (C) The build I am currently using was inspired by Curing's post, so credit where credit is due. I think certain parties of members of my last life (10 Rogue/6 Ranger/4 Arti) wanted to know how that build worked so tend me a tell or mail if interested.

    I play the game unhappily, undisciplined, and with utter lack of dedication.
    Thanks,
    Tiger.

    wen ot dhreat? lelw tirsf ffo eelcomw. dn2 eakm eurs uoy lpels gverythine terfecp os eht gpellins iazn toesnd teg uoy.
    A drunk is in front of a judge. The judge says, 'You've been brought here for drinking.' The drunk says, 'Okay, let's get started.

    The difference between genius and stupidity is: genius has its limits.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shalexilf View Post
    wen ot dhreat? lelw tirsf ffo eelcomw. dn2 eakm eurs uoy lpels gverythine terfecp os eht gpellins iazn toesnd teg uoy.
    Tvmy. Veah a cine yad. Tytl

  4. #4
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    wow.. 11th life and less then 2 years. I am impressed.

    On my 7th life after 3 years.

    Anyway.

    it's /joinchannel (Channel name) (password).

    IE:

    /Joinchannel Titan

    This Channel is named "Titan" and has no Password. This Channel was started by Epic Fail's R

    /Joinchannel cORe shovel

    This Channel is named "cORe" and the password is "shovel" this channel was started by Over Raided's Keybreaker.

    These are both raiding channels, and are open to the public. You can leave any channel by typing.

    /leavechannel (channel name)

    IE:

    /Leavechannel Titan

    and this will remove you from the titan Channel.

    To talk in a Channel, symply type /(channel number)

    This will be displayed in the order you joined, IE: if you joined Titan first, it will be listed as 1 and then to talk in it you can type /1 (text)

    as it stands right now, you can only be in 4 channels at any given time on any given toon.

    I hope this helps.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    wow.. 11th life and less then 2 years. I am impressed.

    On my 7th life after 3 years.

    Anyway.

    it's /joinchannel (Channel name) (password).

    IE:

    /Joinchannel Titan

    This Channel is named "Titan" and has no Password. This Channel was started by Epic Fail's R

    /Joinchannel cORe shovel

    This Channel is named "cORe" and the password is "shovel" this channel was started by Over Raided's Keybreaker.

    These are both raiding channels, and are open to the public. You can leave any channel by typing.

    /leavechannel (channel name)

    IE:

    /Leavechannel Titan

    and this will remove you from the titan Channel.

    To talk in a Channel, symply type /(channel number)

    This will be displayed in the order you joined, IE: if you joined Titan first, it will be listed as 1 and then to talk in it you can type /1 (text)

    as it stands right now, you can only be in 4 channels at any given time on any given toon.

    I hope this helps.
    I meant to get back to this earlier. Thank you very much for the very helpful information. Take care and safe travels.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload