Unhappy My friends list disappeared?

Anyone know why my friends list was completely deleted? Was there yesterday and today nothing. I tried to submit a bug report but of coarse its not working.

Community Member

This happens to me from time to time. My friends list is gone and in some cases I've been unable to chat. Closing the session and restarting or even rebooting first should solve the issue.

I've had this happen as many as 4 times in a row, but eventually the list will come back.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    This happens to me from time to time. My friends list is gone and in some cases I've been unable to chat. Closing the session and restarting or even rebooting first should solve the issue.

I've had this happen as many as 4 times in a row, but eventually the list will come back.
    I've had it happen a ton of times. I even use the missing Friends List as a tell to indicate that chat is bugged. When chat is bugged the Friends List vanishes.

fastest way I've found to fix it is to go to the char selection screen and back again. Worked every time for me so far.

Community Member

Agreed. If problem, relog character. If still problem, restart game. If still problem, reboot machine. This process fixes most weirdness.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post

Yes ive had this happen as well.....I relogged a few times and the list came back...........funny enough ive had problems where party chat just stopped working I dont know if its related.

Yep, happens from time to time, its a bug, Turbine might fix it, probably won't

(why not?...oh yes, there's no MONEY in IT!)

Think of it of it as like a ladder, and move on.
    "IM-PLO-SION: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

"Some are insane, and the're in charge"
    (GoF)

Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jfgddo View Post
    Anyone know why my friends list was completely deleted? Was there yesterday and today nothing. I tried to submit a bug report but of coarse its not working.
    I have lately had issues with sometimes chat functions does not load, meaning no channels or guild or party. If you dont have channels if may be hard to identify. One of the side effects of this happening is - no friendslist - however it returns when you restart client and get channels to load correctly again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Let the nerd rage flow through you. Don't hold back. I bought a lot of popcorn in anticipation for when Turbine decided to finally fix one of the many easy buttons.
    Danish migrant from DDO Europe, where I have been playing since beta.
    Thelanis (since march 2010)

I have had this happen, and with the last update, it happens more and more frequently.

Was wondering though - if you log in, and have your character friends list wiped, and then start adding friends to the new list, what happens to the old list? does the "blank" second list get wiped out completely? or does adding to the blank override or combine with the old one? I meant to experiment with it.

I am not sure if when you get the blank list, if the chat window still tells you if your invisible friends just logged on, or if the game treats you if you are really friendless?

the annoying thing I have noticed though, is that all the notes about each character in the social list are wiped clean.

Yep, been there, done that!

One thing I found is that the export list feature seems to stick through multiple reboots, etc..
    So I export my friends list when I have it..
    And if it disappears for whatever reason, I click import and I'm good to go.
    Even if it's been 3 weeks since the last time.

No restarting or rebooting required.

EDIT: No, there aren't multiple copies of each, it just overwrites duplicates.
    Last edited by danotmano1998; 08-02-2013 at 02:41 PM.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Yeah, I lost mine too.

Oh wait! I have no friends...nevermind...

Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    I have had this happen, and with the last update, it happens more and more frequently.

Was wondering though - if you log in, and have your character friends list wiped, and then start adding friends to the new list, what happens to the old list? does the "blank" second list get wiped out completely? or does adding to the blank override or combine with the old one? I meant to experiment with it.

I am not sure if when you get the blank list, if the chat window still tells you if your invisible friends just logged on, or if the game treats you if you are really friendless?

the annoying thing I have noticed though, is that all the notes about each character in the social list are wiped clean.
    Second list gets wiped out completely, it doesnt tell you that your friends logged in.
    Also with this bug your squelch list gets wiped out and you cant add anyone to it.