Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    Doubtful - I've run Spinner on EN and EH so many times I can't even keep track of it over multiple toons, several times a day for weeks and I haven't pulled any shards. If it's set at 10 and 15 I must be the unluckiest person in the world.
    I can't say for EH, but 10% seems about right for the 50ish EN runs it took me to get the shard I needed. Around 4 other shards dropped first (didn't keep track of exactly how many, but three that I thought might be useful at some time anyway).
    Last edited by Gremmlynn; 08-04-2013 at 05:29 AM.

  2. #22
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    http://www.ddo.com/en/update-18-release-notes


    Web of Chaos
    • Seals for the items in these quests are now found in the Epic Chests at the end of the quests.
    • Shards for all items in this quest chain are now found in the Epic Chest at the end of the capstone quest The Spinner of Shadows.
    • The base items will continue to drop on all difficulty levels.
    • Issues with the distribution of specific items or Tokens of the Twelve have been corrected.
    • Drop rates for Seals and Shards have been increased for Epic difficulty. Shards and Seals now have a five percent chance to drop on Epic Casual, ten percent on Epic Normal, fifteen percent on Epic Hard and twenty five percent on Epic Elite.
    Since U18 I received 2 seals on EH. I haven't received any shards, but I haven't run it enough to expect a drop.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

    Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

  3. #23
    Community Member Robai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Orien
    Posts
    1,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    http://www.ddo.com/en/update-18-release-notes


    Web of Chaos
    • Seals for the items in these quests are now found in the Epic Chests at the end of the quests.
    • Shards for all items in this quest chain are now found in the Epic Chest at the end of the capstone quest The Spinner of Shadows.
    • The base items will continue to drop on all difficulty levels.
    • Issues with the distribution of specific items or Tokens of the Twelve have been corrected.
    • Drop rates for Seals and Shards have been increased for Epic difficulty. Shards and Seals now have a five percent chance to drop on Epic Casual, ten percent on Epic Normal, fifteen percent on Epic Hard and twenty five percent on Epic Elite.
    So, ONLY epic chests will drop seals/shards?
    I.e. optionals are a waste of time?

    How about Drow ritual optional in Servants of Overlord?
    Even that chest is a waste of time now?
    I think it still drops fragments, does it mean it's considered as epic chest?

    One more question for you:
    Can EE LoD drop +5 tome upgrades?
    I mean without ANY loot bonus, purely from EE table (so far I found ones only in L24+ chests, like EE ADQ1, it never dropped in lower lvl chests despite many attempts - I've looted at least 5000 EE chests so far, I mean also +4 tomes never dropped in EE table unless it was L24+ chest).

    I'm not talking about random loot table, which can drop +5 tomes upgrades in any L27+ chests, and has exactly 1/3332 chance to drop.
    I'm talking about special EE table, it was never revealed what is the minimum level (if there is one) of chest for +5 tome upgrades and what is the chance.

    I'm not talking about raid table (like Citw, FoT, VoN, ToD, ADQ2), for which chances of tomes are also unknown (the only known thing is that a tome might appear instead of a named item).

    How about triple table at once?
    For example, EE FoT. Is it possible (in theory) that this one might drop three +5 tome upgrades at once in the same chest?
    (one tome from random loot table, other tome from EE bonus table, and the last tome drops instead of some named item)
    Last edited by TheRobai; 08-04-2013 at 12:10 PM. Reason: typo
    Vote for DDO, The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, TR Cache Button, Loot Design, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

  4. #24
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    45

    Default TheRobai

    Not to derail the thread to much but i can answer the +5 upgrade tome. Ran with a guild that had about 7 or 8 members doing EH FOT with raid timers and went with them 4 times. Not sure if it was a +2 loot weekend but they had to be running +2 loot gems because between the 7 toons I saw three +5 tome upgrades drop 1 for sure was in the regular chest.

  5. #25
    Community Member Robai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Orien
    Posts
    1,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frosty0647 View Post
    Not to derail the thread to much but i can answer the +5 upgrade tome. Ran with a guild that had about 7 or 8 members doing EH FOT with raid timers and went with them 4 times. Not sure if it was a +2 loot weekend but they had to be running +2 loot gems because between the 7 toons I saw three +5 tome upgrades drop 1 for sure was in the regular chest.
    As I said, I wasn't talking about Raid loot tables, nor about random loot table (i.e. trash table).
    I'm interested in special bonus EE loot table and specifically, if lower lvl than 24 chests can drop +5 tome upgrades (like EE LoD, which has lvl 23 chests if there is no loot bonus).
    I don't think that EE bonus table is affected by loot bonus, unless there is minimum level.
    Last edited by TheRobai; 08-04-2013 at 12:13 PM.
    Vote for DDO, The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, TR Cache Button, Loot Design, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

  6. #26
    Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    Doubtful - I've run Spinner on EN and EH so many times I can't even keep track of it over multiple toons, several times a day for weeks and I haven't pulled any shards. If it's set at 10 and 15 I must be the unluckiest person in the world.
    This is what I HATE about plain percentage loot drop - you could run a quest infinitely and its possible that every single time your "chance" of getting that item will fall in the 90% (or whatever) where you don't get it. Since I know this is the case, I simply don't play that game. I'm not going to grind when I know this could happen.

  7. #27
    Community Member Phemt81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    http://www.ddo.com/en/update-18-release-notes


    Web of Chaos
    • Seals for the items in these quests are now found in the Epic Chests at the end of the quests.
    • Shards for all items in this quest chain are now found in the Epic Chest at the end of the capstone quest The Spinner of Shadows.
    • The base items will continue to drop on all difficulty levels.
    • Issues with the distribution of specific items or Tokens of the Twelve have been corrected.
    • Drop rates for Seals and Shards have been increased for Epic difficulty. Shards and Seals now have a five percent chance to drop on Epic Casual, ten percent on Epic Normal, fifteen percent on Epic Hard and twenty five percent on Epic Elite.
    Feather helping giving infos about ingame bugs... I'm impressed.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

  8. #28
    Community Member Thar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    http://www.ddo.com/en/update-18-release-notes


    Web of Chaos
    • Seals for the items in these quests are now found in the Epic Chests at the end of the quests.
    • Shards for all items in this quest chain are now found in the Epic Chest at the end of the capstone quest The Spinner of Shadows.
    • The base items will continue to drop on all difficulty levels.
    • Issues with the distribution of specific items or Tokens of the Twelve have been corrected.
    • Drop rates for Seals and Shards have been increased for Epic difficulty. Shards and Seals now have a five percent chance to drop on Epic Casual, ten percent on Epic Normal, fifteen percent on Epic Hard and twenty five percent on Epic Elite.
    I ran spinner 10 times mostly on en but a time on eh. one seal dropped.
    Proud member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy, but we get &@#$% done.

    Kilthar-Thar-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Klunk-Robothar-Minithar-Tharissa-Miriella

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload