Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Epic lords of dust, specifically how are scrolls/shard/seal drops bugged here?

So if you read the forums youll know i finally got past the snitch bug, yay. Farmed out big top to ransack with quite a few shard drops, not the one i want of course, but still, yay.

So figure ill epic my silver slinger, great dr breaker. Ive read on forums and wiki that its bugged on EH so that scrolls/shards/seals dont drop but i run it once on eh to check just in case, yup, nothing.

Want to do some ED testing so i farm EE on 1st part for a while testing and getting plenty of scroll drops and fragments, yay.

But i need the shards and seals, so start running en for speed, plan on ransacking the whole chain, im keeping track, after a few run not a single scroll, no seals in any chests, no shards in spinner end chest.

Do i really need to run this on Epic Elite or Epic Casual just to get epic crafting mats? Both are terrible for farming and the droprates on this stuff is so low you have to farm for them if you ever want to epic craft something specific.

So, specifiaclly how is this chain bugged, anyone heard if it will be fixed? Or why it hasnt been already?

Im convinced anyone that says all the bugs dont affect them in this game are simply clueless/unaware, they sure affect me, and they sure affected all the people ive known who have left the game at least partially because of the bugs.

I feel like im in a bad marriage that i really want to make work but am starting to realise its not gonna get better...
    Last edited by 01000010; 08-01-2013 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    I feel like im in a bad marriage that i really want to make work but am starting to realise its not gonna get better...
    Leave her mate shes sucking your dry.................jks.

But honestly ive lost track of the times ive been through there on eh/en and not seen a single seal for anyone, with full parties thats prob in the several 100's of chests. Before the en/eh/ee thing I use to see the odd seal/shard and have a couple from those times, this is when I could count the number of times I ran it on one hand. After I came back and ran it dozens and dozens of times not one to myself or anyone else who was ever in my party........it could just be bad luck but........

Community Member

Default i got a seal somewhere

Think it was on en, i got it last night, but was so tired i didnt notice i guess. No clue which quest.

I guess ill try it on EC, no scroll drops except on EE so far, lol, ***.

I hate running EC.

Community Member

Spinner of Shadows seems to be very bad for scrolls, as I've only ever gotten them from the 6 drow/rashaka on the run in to the barrier. My guess is that the demons/spiders are flagged as summons rather than quest mobs. That said, I've gotten both seals a shards from EN runs of that quest since the Spinner bug fix. The drop rates are less than fantastic though.

Community Member

Default a relief?

It would be quite a relief if this is bad luck rather than another bug, nice, relieved by bad luck.

So do drop work on EH or no? thats certainly the difficulty that i prefer to farm at, ive read multiple places that the chain is bugged on eh, but then ive also read that the rates were 15% on eh for the chain, and theres no way thats correct from what ive seen.

I ended up farming the first fight of Lords of Dust through the dog chest for scrolls on Epic Elite - My toon isn't quite up to running the whole quest on EE, and EH didn't yield any scrolls. I ended up with a ton of Templar's Docent, Darkstorm Helm and Templar's Bastion scrolls, three silver slinger, two doublecross bow and finally my Bow of the Silver Flame scroll.

Took about 7-8 days, pretty much running just that - I could do 4-6 runs in a ship buff, and would go until I saw if the named dog was spawned. I would say I was averaging a scroll every 3 runs, which is about one every 40-50 kills. I'm not 100% because the NPC's would occasionally get the kill and I'm not sure if NPC kills count for scroll spawns - They might have had 1-2 kills in the first room each run.

The dog might have spawned every 3-5 runs. Never saw anything but lootgen out of that chest.

Painful. And I still don't have the seal.
    Farog on Khyber

Community Member

Default hmm

Same here, only seen scrolls drop on ee, used a similar method to what you did. Just ran chain on EC, no epic crafting drops, scrolls ot otherwise except fragments.

Guess when i get home from work ill try EN then EH again, painful, no clue which difficulties even work dropwise.

Community Member

Same here, only seen scrolls drop on ee, used a similar method to what you did. Just ran chain on EC, no epic crafting drops, scrolls ot otherwise except fragments.

Guess when i get home from work ill try EN then EH again, painful, no clue which difficulties even work dropwise.
    Scrolls are actually the easy part as mobs don't get ransacked like chests do. Best bet is to just run whatever, or even part of whatever, quest you kill the fastest at. I wouldn't even touch spinner for scrolls though, but it seemed really good at dropping base items on EN (I just need to find a use for 3-6 of each item but the sword, only got one of those) when I was farming a shard out of there (~50 runs). That said, with just the 6 mobs that drop them, I did get 3 scrolls on EN.

Community Member

Im convinced anyone that says all the bugs dont affect them in this game are simply clueless/unaware, they sure affect me, and they sure affected all the people ive known who have left the game at least partially because of the bugs.
    While bugs are indeed that prevalent, this is not a bug.

Scroll, seal, and shard drop rates in that chain is based on the quest difficulty (scroll drops in all epics, actually).
    Scrolls have a drop rate of 1 in 200+ for epic casual, 1 in 50 for elite irrc. Because of the normal fluctuation in a probability thing, you will need to be over 500 kills at least to even begin to have a legitimate case of them being bugged for casual drops.

Seals drop only in the epic chest, and have a drop rate of 5% per person on casual. Additionally, you will never get the Silver Slinger seal from Lords of Dust - Servants only. Drop rate increases to 10% on normal, 15% on hard, and 25% on elite. This means that, statistically, you will not see a seal for anyone in a 6-person group on over a third of the hard runs you do.
    Thelanis
    Ithiria - Liliaceae

Community Member

Seals didn't drop on EH for a very long time - many months. That issue was resolved recently and I've had 2 seals drop on EH since U18. I don't believe this bug was ever acknowledged by Turbine, but it was heavily reported on the forums.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member

Default um

No offense muspell, but your math is way way off, if eh is 15% drop per person, usually one seal per chest if 6 in group, seals can drop in multiple chests generally, so a few per run. If solo you should get a seal about every other run if 3 chests, so far 15% seems inaccurate in this chain on eh.

Glad to hear bug is likely fixed, guess i grind eh.

Community Member

for scrolls run EH servants or LOD
    for seals EH/EE has been fixed (they say), im used to farm LOD on EN
    shards now drop only from spinner (its confirmed)

Community Member

Has the epic drops in this quest ever worked? Ever since they stopped the first chest epic farm in Road the drop rates from everything have been so messed up its pure blind luck to ever get an epic item from here. They continually are saying/changing what drops seals and what drops shards. A shame too because the 4 quest Lords of Dust chain is universally liked by players for the XP, fun, optionals and items. Here is a good example of why their priorities are way off. Why not spend a little time tweaking this chain instead of adding more content? Fix the shard/seal/scroll method once and for all with realistic drop rates. Turn Beyond the Rift into a mini-raid like Tempest Spine and add unique loot to it that can drop in various chests like it does in TS. Win, win for everyone.

http://www.ddo.com/en/update-18-release-notes

Web of Chaos
    • Seals for the items in these quests are now found in the Epic Chests at the end of the quests.
    • Shards for all items in this quest chain are now found in the Epic Chest at the end of the capstone quest The Spinner of Shadows.
    • The base items will continue to drop on all difficulty levels.
    • Issues with the distribution of specific items or Tokens of the Twelve have been corrected.
    • Drop rates for Seals and Shards have been increased for Epic difficulty. Shards and Seals now have a five percent chance to drop on Epic Casual, ten percent on Epic Normal, fifteen percent on Epic Hard and twenty five percent on Epic Elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post

Web of Chaos
    • Seals for the items in these quests are now found in the Epic Chests at the end of the quests.
    • Shards for all items in this quest chain are now found in the Epic Chest at the end of the capstone quest The Spinner of Shadows.
    • Issues with the distribution of specific items or Tokens of the Twelve have been corrected.
    • Drop rates for Seals and Shards have been increased for Epic difficulty. Shards and Seals now have a five percent chance to drop on Epic Casual, ten percent on Epic Normal, fifteen percent on Epic Hard and twenty five percent on Epic Elite.
    What's in the release notes and what actually occurs in game are not always the same, hence why this thread was started.

If you disagree, tell me how many times "CC'd mobs no longer move" has been in release notes?

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    What's in the release notes and what actually occurs in game are not always the same, hence why this thread was started.

If you disagree, tell me how many times "CC'd mobs no longer move" has been in release notes?
    They do drop now and the listed drop rates seem about right.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Community Member

Or if any of the XP boosts work with the Monster Manual? That was stated as working at some point last year...but XP boosts of all forms have never worked with the Monster Manual.

Community Member

Default No shards

I still have seen no shards drop in spinners. Several runs with 3 or more party members and no shards. This is still bugged its not bad luck it's bugged or we are being lied to about the drop rate fix. Please explain to me how 3 to 6 party members running 15-20 times with no shards dropping is fixed? All of the runs was a mix of EH or EN . If this was really fixed this wouldn't continue to come up in the forums.

Community Member

Default haha

Correct, really fos? Quoting the patch notes? May as well quote fox news, lol.

But, i gotta say the patch notes are far more accurate than your known issues list!

Edit: i should add, i have now seen a seal and a shard on eh, cant say how many times ive run it, quite a few.
    Last edited by 01000010; 08-03-2013 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post

Web of Chaos
    Doubtful - I've run Spinner on EN and EH so many times I can't even keep track of it over multiple toons, several times a day for weeks and I haven't pulled any shards. If it's set at 10 and 15 I must be the unluckiest person in the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast