Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default new furthest jump =)

probably not everybodies cup of tea but I beat my former record on furthest jump after discovering a (easy) way up a little higher ramp then the Vista explorer from vale, using the momentum of it's edge, shadow walk, ranger sprint boost and a whole bunch of abundant steps I managed to jump straight from Vista (south west) all the way up the stairs to coalescence chamber! (all the way east on map). I combined some pictures of the minimap to show the track and also as somewhat of an evidence.

Ps. monk/ranger is still the fastest class with a maintainable speed around 75KmH and top speed of 96KmH compared to a base speed of 25KmH. druids seem to get closest now at 59KmH. Didn't get to measure druid + barbarian lv 1 yet however, they would get really close to monks. Anyway below the picture of the jump.

Approximately traveled 1560 meters through air.

Awesome jump!

I like how you converted everything to KmH too
    Thelanis -- Wulverine [Funkaholic, Funkatronic, Funkarific all retired for now...]

Quote Originally Posted by AidanRyuko View Post
    probably not everybodies cup of tea but I beat my former record on furthest jump after discovering a (easy) way up a little higher ramp then the Vista explorer from vale, using the momentum of it's edge, shadow walk, ranger sprint boost and a whole bunch of abundant steps I managed to jump straight from Vista (south west) all the way up the stairs to coalescence chamber! (all the way east on map). I combined some pictures of the minimap to show the track and also as somewhat of an evidence.

Ps. monk/ranger is still the fastest class with a maintainable speed around 75KmH and top speed of 96KmH compared to a base speed of 25KmH. druids seem to get closest now at 59KmH. Didn't get to measure druid + barbarian lv 1 yet however, they would get really close to monks. Anyway below the picture of the jump.

Holy Lords a Leaping Batman!

Community Member

Cool

No Fing way that is just crazy jumping!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stone View Post
    No Fing way that is just crazy jumping!!!
    Its not jumping... its feather falling....

KmH?? i didnt know ddo had a speedometer.
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Very cool! I'm wondering if the Storm Horns might set new records, though...
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    Its not jumping... its feather falling....

KmH?? i didnt know ddo had a speedometer.
    /loc gives you your coordinates in meters. Rest is just stopwatch and record keeping. http://ddowiki.com/page/Run_speed has some (probably broken now) links to testing threads with data.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Probably, especially if you get some Giant's help.

I have a rogue that got tossed from halfway up the mountain, by a giant, that ended near the entrance ( and he could have gone farther, he stopped there because he hit the invisible wall ).
    Didn't have any speed enhancements on ( beside the boots of propulsion striding and feather fall.) and I didn't use any jump incrementation things ( like the boot clicky ).
    On the other hand said rogue has 68 in Jump... Unbuffed.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Quote Originally Posted by AidanRyuko View Post

I think rogues are fastest!!!! While sneaking when shadow walking, fast sneaking maxed, and shadow training II are active, I beat monk/rangers in foot races while doing this when they are sprinting. LOL its a hoot!
    Cully Clonk, Culpepper Cleric, Culpeppa PvP spec Cleric, Azygoz Clogue
    Coyle evoker FvS, Ungoliant, Assassin, Angainor, WF Lord of Blades FvS
    Mellkor Wizard, Ferrari WF Sorc, ***Argonnessen*** ~~Ascent~~

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Probably, especially if you get some Giant's help.

I have a rogue that got tossed from halfway up the mountain, by a giant, that ended near the entrance ( and he could have gone farther, he stopped there because he hit the invisible wall ).
    Didn't have any speed enhancements on ( beside the boots of propulsion striding and feather fall.) and I didn't use any jump incrementation things ( like the boot clicky ).
    On the other hand said rogue has 68 in Jump... Unbuffed.
    I had an air elemental (which I wasn't expecting) provide some assistance up near Journal Entry 31 and with nothing other than Feather Fall made it to Quest Entrance for "Lines of Supply", or more specifically I hit the invisible wall about 20 feet up in the air above the quest entrance.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Ah true, an Air Elly would work too. For my (un)luck when I crossed them with my rogue they didn't want to play toss with him.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I ricocheted off something as I jumped from the very top of the mountains and ended up in an uncontrolled and very fast leap across the entire wilderness. I couldn't change direction and I wasn't descending appreciably. I couldn't turn feather fall off since it was on from Leap Of Faith. I ended up hitting a far edge and finally dropping to the ground. I don't think this should count for a record though. I think it was a physics bug.

Well looks like the Invisible Wall is the limit in the Stormhorns.

Community Member

Very nice! To think, I was excited when I first got on a toon that could make the jump from the Vista to the bats. :P
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

You may wanna try multi-classing with monk/ranger/rogue and then sneak with all three +50% faster sneaking in the ninja/deepwood stalker/acrobat enhancements trees.
    Still u get the monk steps and ranger sprint boost at the same time.

btw dont ask me if thats WAI
    Rittz, Lesliea, Reze, Serravee, Eclare

Actually, as I found out last night, the invisible wall only goes up so high on the south side of the map.... I managed bounce off a mountain side and shoot across the map at supersonic speed and land on the other side of the invisible wall last night. Couldn't walk back into the proper part of the map (due to the invisible wall) and had to recall. Submitted a bug report with screenshot.
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

Im not so sure about this. I was really far up the north side of the mountain and thought I could slide down a little bit to a path below. I got maybe 20 feet down and sliding really fast when feather fall took over and I slid off the mountain over the air from the north all the way over to the entrance of lines of supply to the SW. I could have taken off my feather fall boots but I was curious how far I would go. When I took them off a few minutes later I was real close to the entrance fell a few hundred feet and took 22 damage. Looking back I should have taken a screen shot but I was more confused about how something like this was even possible.

Community Member

Barbarians now get an enhancement that triggers a run speed boost when they rage (no shared cool down), so they can be constantly boosted until they run out of boosts and rages.

Quote Originally Posted by darksol23 View Post
    Actually, as I found out last night, the invisible wall only goes up so high on the south side of the map.... I managed bounce off a mountain side and shoot across the map at supersonic speed and land on the other side of the invisible wall last night. Couldn't walk back into the proper part of the map (due to the invisible wall) and had to recall. Submitted a bug report with screenshot.
    And you didn't even go exploring once outside the walls ?

*sadpanda*

There's lots of fun stuff to be found outside the walls.
    The Dojo, the GM secret hideout, the obsoleted quests and areas, the Mario Dungeon, and all the might have been accumulated in 7 years of DDO.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

And you didn't even go exploring once outside the walls ?

*sadpanda*

There's lots of fun stuff to be found outside the walls.
    The Dojo, the GM secret hideout, the obsoleted quests and areas, the Mario Dungeon, and all the might have been accumulated in 7 years of DDO.
    Don't forget the secret cow level
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast