Default Creature Companion Mystery Box?

I understand it is a "mystery" box, but I was just wondering if the creatures in the box are new or just the usual companions recycled? I already own the dragon, (and most other companions,) but if I have a chance at a green or blue one, let's say, I would consider purchasing.
    Kobold say, "Yark Yark!"

Lost in my imagination.... or sometimes just living in Canada..

It says 'one of 6' creatures, and one of those is a pseudodragon (5%) chance.... I bought one and have a new tressym colour!! Mine is a savannah tressym, and it's all pale tans and spots... kind of like a baby lion or pale ocelot markings or such. <3

I'm hoping the other ones are different tressym colours because when I bought it the item said 'tressym basket'.

Oh, and while typing this my husband bought one and got a grey tabby tressym! So I think it's varying tressym colours. ^_^

(ETA) Just opened another, and so far we have savannah, silver tabby and 'Eveningstar' (which looks kinda like a red Siamese).
    (ETA again) And tuxedo! (black and white cat)
    Last edited by Luadrilae; 08-01-2013 at 05:15 PM. Reason: more info
    (Formally known as Luadrilae)

Phaeshalee likes you. Yes... you.
    My deviantART gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Luadrilae View Post
    It says 'one of 6' creatures, and one of those is a pseudodragon (5%) chance.... I bought one and have a new tressym colour!! Mine is a savannah tressym, and it's all pale tans and spots... kind of like a baby lion or pale ocelot markings or such. <3

I'm hoping the other ones are different tressym colours because when I bought it the item said 'tressym basket'.

Oh, and while typing this my husband bought one and got a grey tabby tressym! So I think it's varying tressym colours. ^_^

(ETA) Just opened another, and so far we have savannah, silver tabby and 'Eveningstar' (which looks kinda like a red Siamese).
    (ETA again) And tuxedo! (black and white cat)
    Screen shots plz?

Okay! Thanks for the help! I just didn't want to buy any and get a pet I already owned.
    Kobold say, "Yark Yark!"

Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiniKobold View Post
    I was just wondering if the creatures in the box are new or just the usual companions recycled?
    They are all new creature companions.

I can't tell you how much this "Mystery Basket" upsets me. I'm an individual that collects the pet companions, and to get all 6 has yet to be accomplished with spending over 4k TP. now, when you think about this, this is ridiculous. This is why...

Typical pets are as low as 195 TP, but your not forced to get the same one, you can buy the ones your missing. Sure, you can spend the 1k Tp but you get them all and are done. On the more expensive side (except expansion packs & other Boxes like ottos box etc.) the highest one is 495 being the beholder pet.

When doing it from this mystery box, its fine if you only want 1 of the 6, but if your a collector which many people that actually repetitively buy are then its a huge money sink with no guarantees. So far i'm only understanding Turbines logic as "Well, just by it from the AH" ... the thing is, there not all the same chances for getting them so you can expect the rare ones not to be there. ie there rare, they don't show up. your more likely to get the common ones which you have no use for so you''ll go throw them on the AH because you can't use it. Not like you really have a choice anyways, what can you do with a duplicate companion? Its not like i can farm out a quest for the rare one, so the only option become again but from the DDO store. I'm sure that on the off change some none collector decides to buy a "Mystery box" and get a rare pet. it will mean nothing to him except that he has purchased a pet and now has it in his stable. But, for you collectors out there... be warned. this could be the new trend for turbine for both items & pets alike... surely turbine can come up with a better way, but for now we can expect them to justify it and tell us that this is what everyone wants.

I missed noting that the mystery box is 395 tp (i would highly recommend one not to buy, and if they happen to... don't buy more then one)

Quote Originally Posted by Astarii View Post
    I missed noting that the mystery box is 395 tp (i would highly recommend one not to buy, and if they happen to... don't buy more then one)
    not sure if this helps but maybe something like this might be worth a try although that's a lot of plat to offer for a pet... maybe a scaled down offer? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Certificates
    Main characters: Usually on Rhyes, Miniryse or Legolass
    I'm rich! filthy rich! /runs off to AH
    /cry! I'm poor! flat broke! /runs off to sell things on forum