Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    I hate to tell you that this enhancement pass has been 2 years in the making. How did you not expect to have to redo all of your characters? If you quit, dont post about it. Just go.
    Clearly that just flew right over your head. Go back and read his concern again.

Quote Originally Posted by PNellesen View Post
    I think a LOT of players, the ones who don't read or post on the forums, and don't know it's coming, are going to react in a way similar to the OP.
    Yeah, I was surprized on live (G-land) last night how many people were/are unaware of these changes coming. It came up in the advice chat and all of sudden people are chiming in "What changes? When" Is this official or just player speculation" etc. Posting links to the forums didn't help. I dare say 75% of the DDO population do not know these changes are only a couple weeks away.

I know my initial reaction upon realizing I'm going to have to redo the enhancements (and possibly the entire build as well) on all my characters was similar, if not quite as extreme.
    Same here. I have 30 characters across 4 servers. Active on about half of them.

While I personally like the new UI, I'm in the group that thinks that's ALL they should have changed.
    Yep, I thought that the changes were going to be great. I expected:

1. Tree view
    2. Complete unfinished PrE's
    3. New PrE's that everyone was waiting for.
    4. Fix minor bugs in existing enhancements/PrE's

Did NOT expect everything to be so different that entire builds would be broken and need a +20 heart passed to every character to fix.
    Did NOT expect to unlearn what I have learned over the past couple years.
    Did NOT expect to have to go back to square one on how to optimize a build and craete synergy in multi classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Yeah, I was surprized on live (G-land) last night how many people were/are unaware of these changes coming. It came up in the advice chat and all of sudden people are chiming in "What changes? When" Is this official or just player speculation" etc. Posting links to the forums didn't help. I dare say 75% of the DDO population do not know these changes are only a couple weeks away.

Not surprising, since forum users are such a small percentage of players, and a few forumites no longer play DDO.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

I think a LOT of players, the ones who don't read or post on the forums, and don't know it's coming, are going to react in a way similar to the OP. I know my initial reaction upon realizing I'm going to have to redo the enhancements (and possibly the entire build as well) on all my characters was similar, if not quite as extreme.

While I personally like the new UI, I'm in the group that thinks that's ALL they should have changed.
    I guess Turbine would be good to either provide their own or link to the New enhancements in PDF format thread from Deadlock, and link it in the live launcher, to give all players (even those that usually not look on the forum) some kind of hint and headstart.

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    ... but i think that the OP is a newer player, and hasn't even delved into the mess and morass of an enhancement system we have currently. "Virtuoso of the Sword" is one of the bard premade paths. (note to the OP, it's not your class. your class is bard. Virtuoso would have been your prestige enhancement)

to someone who has been just playing the game, letting the game make the choices, and hasn't even really looked at that long un-intuitive list we've all been dealing with for years... the new tree system, especially without a "virtuoso" option at all, is an absolutely HUGE change and probably quite overwhelming...
    I guess a lot of new players that never bothered with the enhancements and run with the premade paths will struggle at the beginning. Actually I wonder currently how the new premade paths look like... did someone test if they are even working???
    Last edited by SisAmethyst; 08-13-2013 at 02:51 PM.
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123