Community Member

Default Tavern Pots and Forum Redirect

For the love of all things good, upgrade tavern pots! The highest 2,500 SP over 1 minute. I think my sorc passed 2,500 already... back at level 10. Many sorcerers are sitting at 5,000 SP now! We need an upgrade.

Also on a totally unrelated but applicable subject, when I log in on any forums online, I expect to be redirected to the last page I was reading, not redirected to the home page. So can you make the simple switch to have the login page redirect to the last view page, cause sifting through the forums to find what I was reading every time I login is LAME.

Quote Originally Posted by Clemeit View Post
    Also on a totally unrelated but applicable subject, when I log in on any forums online, I expect to be redirected to the last page I was reading, not redirected to the home page. So can you make the simple switch to have the login page redirect to the last view page, cause sifting through the forums to find what I was reading every time I login is LAME.
    Or... after you login, you can press back twice and get to your page.

Or.... open login on a separate tab and hit refresh on your desired page.

Or.... reply with quote button on any post and that will end you up on the reply page for the post.

Or..... yeah, ddo! fix it. Kinda annoying still and I'm lazy as hell. :/
    Last edited by DynaTheCat; 08-01-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Community Member

For the love of all things good, upgrade tavern pots! The highest 2,500 SP over 1 minute. I think my sorc passed 2,500 already... back at level 10. Many sorcerers are sitting at 5,000 SP now! We need an upgrade.
    Yes please upgrade those !!!

Quote Originally Posted by sk3l3t0r View Post
    Yes please upgrade those !!!
    I'm thinking it's time to scrap the food/drink system entirely. Just allow me to talk to the barkeep and choose "I'd like some food/drink, please." (replace with some flavor text that's more appropriate). Then without having to buy an item, open my inventory and double click it, I just interact with the barkeep and he applies a level appropriate food/drink buff. Since the cost of all food/drink is already negligible, make it a sp or gp per character level or something.

I know my suggestion is a convenience suggestion so Turbine would probably implement it, but the tavernkeep would only take astral shards making it completely worthless to most people.
    Last edited by redspecter23; 08-01-2013 at 12:31 PM.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

I've wondered why there aren't rest shrines in some of them, it's the easiest, quickest method of getting back into the game.
    Then again, not everyone plays the same way.

Adding a couple of new food/drink options would be nice and still keep the tavern rp flavor thing they've got going on.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    I've wondered why there aren't rest shrines in some of them, it's the easiest, quickest method of getting back into the game.
    Then again, not everyone plays the same way.

Adding a couple of new food/drink options would be nice and still keep the tavern rp flavor thing they've got going on.
    I just teleport/run to the harbor, and run haverdashers or miller's debt... They are free, give you collectable(s) and takes less time than buying/waiting on a pot.

Community Member

Just solo the Miller's debt, instant full SP.

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    I just teleport/run to the harbor, and run haverdashers or miller's debt... They are free, give you collectable(s) and takes less time than buying/waiting on a pot.
    Brilliant. Never thought of that, thanks!
    +1
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Similarly, when its more convenient, there is a shrine at the beginning of all of the lava caves challenges, so you can pop in, shrine and recall/teleport out if you access to the challenges.

Community Member

TWo very good suggestion posted, thank you !!! problem solved for me.

Community Member

May still need to repair, though.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Once you get to an appropriate level, you can enter either the Red Fends or Delirium, both of which have shrines close to the entrance. Shrine up, exit out.

You can bind to the spirit binder in the Twelve or the House K tavern so when you die, you'll be close to a shrine to reestablish some sp.

/signed

as for people telling you to run into slayer areas and quests ok the only people will see this info is anyone who reads the forums. it still doesnt effect most of the population of the game. so yes there is no reason we can't have either new food/drinks or improved..

Yeah, I've wanted to see the food and drink revamped for a while now.

I can deal with the annoying busywork of buying something, opening the inventory and clicking on it, but sp replenishers are past their limit for high level casters now and hp restorers have been abyssmal for mid to high level melees forever.

Wouldn't hurt to speed up the clicky restoration a bit as well.

Ofc, the best way to avoid this is to not fail a quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    Once you get to an appropriate level, you can enter either the Red Fends or Delirium, both of which have shrines close to the entrance. Shrine up, exit out.

You can bind to the spirit binder in the Twelve or the House K tavern so when you die, you'll be close to a shrine to reestablish some sp.
    And theres one near the entrance in Cerulean hills as well, but the entrance to the hills is far enough out of the way that Haverdasher's is usually a quicker option.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    May still need to repair, though.
    o rmaybe restock on spell components, majority of the time that's how i ended up dying...lol Bind in the portable hole