Thread: DDO Bonus Days!

Default DDO Bonus Days!

DDO Bonus Days brings you +2 Loot, now through August 4th!

Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DDO Bonus Days brings you +2 Loot, now through August 4th!
    I'll take the +1 blond myself. You can keep the other +1.

1. Cordovan could you please leave the giant pictures out of these threads? I don't mean to be irritating, but it took an age to load on my phone.

2. Whilst I don't run crystal cove, I know that the people who do are struggling when compared to previous years, surely a challenge ingredients boost would have coincided better with the current world event, than a +2 loot boost.

Thanks! Yay for +2 Loot! Gotta dig out those +1 Loot Gems to stack em. Gonna be a profitable weekend. Be looting stuff I can't even use yet cause the ML's too high. Goodies!
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Oooh, shinies, shinies galore.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    1. Cordovan could you please leave the giant pictures out of these threads? I don't mean to be irritating, but it took an age to load on my phone.

2. Whilst I don't run crystal cove, I know that the people who do are struggling when compared to previous years, surely a challenge ingredients boost would have coincided better with the current world event, than a +2 loot boost.
    Better yet, they should just lower the stupid turn in rate for opening the cove. Just set it so it can open about 15 minutes after it closed. This gives people time for bios, selling, repairing, ship buffs... whatever without getting bored before it opens again.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Better yet, they should just lower the stupid turn in rate for opening the cove. Just set it so it can open about 15 minutes after it closed. This gives people time for bios, selling, repairing, ship buffs... whatever without getting bored before it opens again.
    I'll go one better. Have the map pieces auto turn in like guild renown is auto turned in.
    We get plenty of Doublums as it is. Just remove that piece from the equation of map piece turn ins.

Less clutter in our bags.
    Less carpel tunnel and mouse killings we go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    I'll go one better. Have the map pieces auto turn in like guild renown is auto turned in.
    We get plenty of Doublums as it is. Just remove that piece from the equation of map piece turn ins.

Less clutter in our bags.
    Less carpel tunnel and mouse killings we go through.
    I'll go even better.

Get rid of the silly turn ins all together and let groups go in whenever they want, like all the other challenges, as many times as they want.

I'll go even better.

Get rid of the silly turn ins all together and let groups go in whenever they want, like all the other challenges, as many times as they want.
    If that is done, cost of compasses should go up.
    Map turn in should still be done, but it should be done as a server contest. Much like the opening of the Subterran was done.

Yay! extra shinnies while I work on getting enough Twelve Tokens for a TR Heart.

Now if you could turn up the fragment drop rate as a bonus, you would be my hero.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    If that is done, cost of compasses should go up.
    Map turn in should still be done, but it should be done as a server contest. Much like the opening of the Subterran was done.
    Never seen so many raid lfms up at one time, except during that event.

The Cove would open a lot faster, and less people would be bored, if more people were out farming Map Pieces to help open the Cove faster, instead of piking by the door waiting for other people to do all the work.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    The Cove would open a lot faster, and less people would be bored, if more people were out farming Map Pieces to help open the Cove faster, instead of piking by the door waiting for other people to do all the work.
    Very true.

I think the random treasure chest maps are already an incentive to hunt mobs, but apparently it's not enough. I suppose it's the fact that there's a lousy xp/min (= zero) hunting mobs.

On the other hand, I don't think it's a good idea to reward killing mobs with just a flat amount of xp, though perhaps rewarding xp for every 250 or so, might work. The question then is how much xp? A formula taking into account the mob killed would be quite complicated, so it'll have to be based on the lvl of the character (like the treasure chests already are). Still, it'll have to be little enough that it's not considered as 2-week-main-source of xp, as that would make the people wanting to raid or quest for named loot cry out. But if it is too low, the xp/min crowd won't be drawn in again.

Hoarding map pieces seesms also a big problem. I have noticed that the counter doesnt move at all for a long time, then suddenly counts down by the hundreds in a matter of minutes. As someone else already suggested: The counter should go down the moment someone gets a piece from a mob, turned in or not. Turning it in would just give some kind of reward (dubloons - but it could just as well be something else).

well i cant log on
    so not only am I less likely to acquire another 2500 shards in CC
    I am out of this too