Default Boosting monk elemental and force damage

I read that spellpower boosts such as devotion can boost monk finishers, but is there any effect on say Void (force) strikes when wearing an impulse or kinetic lore item? What about nullification items and dark monk strike?

Quote Originally Posted by lurxst View Post
    I read that spellpower boosts such as devotion can boost monk finishers, but is there any effect on say Void (force) strikes when wearing an impulse or kinetic lore item? What about nullification items and dark monk strike?
    Unfortunately, no. I get myself tricked into thinking this often.

Spell power does effect positive energy spell-like effects such as Healing Ki and Fists of Light, using Devotion items. However, the opposite does not appear to be true if you wore a Nullification item or spell and spammed negative energy effects such as Touch of Death (although the Touch of Despair finisher does amplify negative attacks). Same for Impulse spell power not affecting Void/Force attacks.

I still keep attempting to test this out to see if there's any change or if I've been off my meds, especially since Spell Power does effect rune arms on an Artificer, although not Arcane Archer imbues. Confusing, isn't it?
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerian View Post
    Unfortunately, no. I get myself tricked into thinking this often.

Spell power does effect positive energy spell-like effects such as Healing Ki and Fists of Light, using Devotion items. However, the opposite does not appear to be true if you wore a Nullification item or spell and spammed negative energy effects such as Touch of Death (although the Touch of Despair finisher does amplify negative attacks). Same for Impulse spell power not affecting Void/Force attacks.

I still keep attempting to test this out to see if there's any change or if I've been off my meds, especially since Spell Power does effect rune arms on an Artificer, although not Arcane Archer imbues. Confusing, isn't it?
    Devotion does nothing for fist of light. But it does work on the healing ki finisher.
    The rule of thumb is if it is a strike no augmentation. That pretty much leaves healing ki and breath of the fire dragon to get boosted by spell power

For your arti/aa quandray aa imbue arrows don't get boosted just like the artis rune arm imbued bolts don't. Rune arm shots get boosted cause they are magical blast.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toro12 View Post
    Devotion does nothing for fist of light. But it does work on the healing ki finisher.
    The rule of thumb is if it is a strike no augmentation. That pretty much leaves healing ki and breath of the fire dragon to get boosted by spell power

For your arti/aa quandray aa imbue arrows don't get boosted just like the artis rune arm imbued bolts don't. Rune arm shots get boosted cause they are magical blast.
    Yes, this is very definitely something that confuses me. Aren't both the ki strikes AND the finishers considered spell-like abilities? So why are the finishers amplified, and not the actual strikes? I have the feeling I'm really, really confusing things.
    Power corrupts. Absolute power is really kinda neat.

Main Toon: Oryara Kenna Kanja of Khyber
    YourDDO Page: http://ddocrafting.info/myddo/khyber/Oryara/

Quote Originally Posted by Toro12 View Post

See? I still get this wrong! Thanks for the correction. That should answer it more properly.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide

Quote Originally Posted by TheKeeper1981 View Post
    Yes, this is very definitely something that confuses me. Aren't both the ki strikes AND the finishers considered spell-like abilities? So why are the finishers amplified, and not the actual strikes? I have the feeling I'm really, really confusing things.
    As the last poster corrected me, the attack isn't affected. (Healing amp does affect Fists of Light, however.) But the spell-like effect from the finisher (the Healing Ki burst) is augmented.