Default Consider selling the life time DDO VIP memberships?

They would probably price out at $800ish retail, down to $400ish rock bottom sale price.

Some would buy them?

I guess the main problem is financial management of stockowner soaking in the one time profits, leaving less income for later years?

$400? For a game that probably won't be around three years from now?

I'd consider paying $200 for a life-time membership, but that's the most.

For $400 you can buy that now by buying everything (half that if you buy stuff/points on sale)

Yes, I know you think it will give you all future content free, but it will not. You see they told VIPs that all future content would be free to them, then they redefined things so people would have to pay once a year anyway in addition to VIP. Lifetime would surely have the same happen due to Turbine's questionable business practices (and I think they did that to LOTRO Lifetime members already didn't they?)

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    $400? For a game that probably won't be around three years from now?

I'd consider paying $200 for a life-time membership, but that's the most.
    Yeah they were saying that 8 years ago as well.
    ------------

I thought I saw a lifetime sub back a number of years ago as a short-term promo thing. Haven't seen anything since so I don't think it was profitable. Might have even been before f2p.

Then again I might just be completely misremembering. I've had my share of brain cell killing beverages since then.

*Bumping Silver's thread rather than starting a new one*

It has been a year now since the topic was discussed for a very short bit. Would like to revisit the idea of WB offering us a Lifetime subscription option, especially following a lifetime sub being offered as a prize recently.

Any more interest this year than last?
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

I would buy one if offered.

Community Member

I don't think it would work so well because Management only cares about how much money is going to be generated in the current and next year. Lifetime VIP could accelerate the end of the game because that number will be lower and Corporations will recognize income as quick as they can within the rules.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    For $400 you can buy that now by buying everything (half that if you buy stuff/points on sale)

Yes, I know you think it will give you all future content free, but it will not. You see they told VIPs that all future content would be free to them, then they redefined things so people would have to pay once a year anyway in addition to VIP. Lifetime would surely have the same happen due to Turbine's questionable business practices (and I think they did that to LOTRO Lifetime members already didn't they?)
    Every MMO I have seen that had lifetime memberships charged everyone for expansions I am a long time subscriber and I don't mind paying for expansions if they are a real expansion that said it will take real thinking about before I buy another after that last one especially one set in the realms.

I think the time for lifetime subs passed us by at least a couple years ago.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Toro12 View Post
    Yeah they were saying that 8 years ago as well.
    ------------

I thought I saw a lifetime sub back a number of years ago as a short-term promo thing. Haven't seen anything since so I don't think it was profitable. Might have even been before f2p.

Then again I might just be completely misremembering. I've had my share of brain cell killing beverages since then.
    They never sold one but have given them as prizes a time or two

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    They never sold one but have given them as prizes a time or two
    I thought I remembered we had that too, as LOTRO did, for a short time at original start-up. But we were both there, and I don't trust my "IIRC" as much as I used to, soo...

Since only a few of us seem to be interested in such a thing, maybe it could be thrown on the suggestion table as a temporary seasonal offer or something.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post

Hi,

At one point I would have been quite happy to pay for a lifetime membership.

What Gkar mentions here is why I no longer would. That, and the concerns I have about the direction the game is taking and its likely longevity.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    I thought I remembered we had that too, as LOTRO did, for a short time at original start-up. But we were both there, and I don't trust my "IIRC" as much as I used to, soo...

Since only a few of us seem to be interested in such a thing, maybe it could be thrown on the suggestion table as a temporary seasonal offer or something.
    IF the price was right I might do it

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post

If they had had one then I would have bought it now I would be very leery of buying one