Community Member

Default Nightmare, the Fallen Moon

i would like to discuss this interesting bastard sword here. are many people using it actually? ever since i got my pair of these, i cant think of not building my toon around them. i just love the woowoo sound

2 other things:

1) how can you quantify the level drain effect in dps numbers? do these bonus effect play a role at all in peoples dps calculations? while other weapons have nice effects too, the level drain just seems to make it such a great suppport weapon for your whole group.

2) are you aware, that the vampirism effect is influenced by your heal amp? my current toon is a 15 pally, 3 monk, 2 fighter. i got heal amp from 2 pally lives, 2 hunter of dead, 1 monk, 30% item and 20% item, human healing amp 2 at the moment. this means, each hit heals me for 2-8 hp. i would say for 4-5 hp on average. which is quite nice. i cant hit fast enough to stay alive purely with my swords in epic elite, but in ehard with few enemies around, i rarely need any other healing at all.

1. it depends on how many HP the mob has to start with. A woowoo can sometimes take 3000-4000 HP away on a 10k HP Mob. where they really shine is high-hp orange names, especially when you have multiple people in the group swinging them.

2. Yup, they are great like that. In non-EE I don't even need to heal myself.

I have a fighter who I'm converting back into a kensai, I'm really torn as to whether or not I want to go Light Blade spec (Balizarde, Celestia) or Heavy Blades (zillions of Khopeshes and Nightmares). Kensai-specced with the Nightmares is 25% more woowoo.

Community Member

not an expert on game mechanics at all. but maybe even be a ranger where the number of level drains doesnt come from higher crit range, but from more attack speed and off hand attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Shell View Post
    not an expert on game mechanics at all. but maybe even be a ranger where the number of level drains doesnt come from higher crit range, but from more attack speed and off hand attacks?
    Darn . . . forgot about the NDA . . . let's just say both fighter and ranger are good options for this.
    Last edited by Teh_Troll; 07-31-2013 at 02:01 PM. Reason: DOH!

Community Member

I either dual-wield these or run with a celestia in my off-hand when I am in shadowdancer for the extra double strike for finesse weapons. It is super fun to level drain/blind/explode and self-heal all at the same time especially with all the bonuses not to get hit from the shadow form. Could I do more damage in fury or dreadnought all the time? Sure but I like the sneak damage and survivability that comes with the shadow.

12fight/6rang/2rog

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Heck yeah

As an arty Nightmare is my prefered melee weapon.

You used to have to use the Chimera's Breath rune arm to use bastard swords with no penalty.

With new changes arties will get the use of Bastard Sword and Dwarven Ax for free.

Now I can ditch Chimera's Breath and use any rune arm with the bastard sword.

Muawhahahahaha!

Or maybe I take the 2 weapon fighting feat and wield 2 Nightmares!

MUAHWHAHAHAHAHA!

Here is another link to a Nightmare thread:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...on-EE-Content?
    Last edited by Livmo; 07-31-2013 at 04:32 PM.

I am still trying to get my Nightmare, so far no luck.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"