Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My personal thought is that you should generate threat on a smite, add access to smites and provide an improved critical feat (or somethingorother) as a free class feat. This way you keep threat generation within the pally tree, increase DPS at the same time, and have an ability that adds CHR to your attack and damage mods.

Plus, Divine Might is a royal PITA to cast mid-melee.

After several re-works of my pally, I found that I could squeeze in Power Attack, but had to choose one of the three: smites, healing amp, or THF. Needing healing amp is universal, so that got priority. It'd be nice if I didn't wholly **** the bed on DPS just so that the things I need for tanking - mainly Dodge, PRR, and AC - are in place.

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    So, what these builds that you are describing?
    I got a fighter 12/ranger 6/monk 2 on Lamania right now that can hit 94 PRR while TWFing in pajamas. Maybe some more if I go full-retard.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    My personal thought is that you should generate threat on a smite, add access to smites and provide an improved critical feat (or somethingorother) as a free class feat. This way you keep threat generation within the pally tree, increase DPS at the same time, and have an ability that adds CHR to your attack and damage mods.

Plus, Divine Might is a royal PITA to cast mid-melee.

After several re-works of my pally, I found that I could squeeze in Power Attack, but had to choose one of the three: smites, healing amp, or THF. Needing healing amp is universal, so that got priority. It'd be nice if I didn't wholly **** the bed on DPS just so that the things I need for tanking - mainly Dodge, PRR, and AC - are in place.

generating hate with smites seems useful at first. but as a paladin tank (Assuming Unyielding ED) if you want to use your smites for aggro, you are much better off with using Intolerant Blows.

You got intim high enough, PA on, 50+ str, appropriate weapon ( triple pos for TO, crafted hbogb, Celestia, Nightmare, whatever ), dual boosted, in stand against the tide, intolerant blows, Div righteousness if pally, some + threat ( old Stalwart, Bear cloak, epic Brawn's, Claw ) and someone still pulls aggro, then damn better they get Nethers' or some other - threat junk imho.
    Fwiw, last 3 times pug Tods, Stand against the tide+intolerant+ dual boost+Stalwart set+ Brawn's+ Hbglob khop, WITHOUT intim of course on Nythirios, easily against unbridled barbarians.
    But then again, one furyshot on monkcher on TO and he WILL stay on your ass so ...

Not much else you can do , except fitting manyshot ?
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    You got intim high enough, PA on, 50+ str, appropriate weapon ( triple pos for TO, crafted hbogb, Celestia, Nightmare, whatever ), dual boosted, in stand against the tide, intolerant blows, Div righteousness if pally, some + threat ( old Stalwart, Bear cloak, epic Brawn's, Claw ) and someone still pulls aggro, then damn better they get Nethers' or some other - threat junk imho.
    Fwiw, last 3 times pug Tods, Stand against the tide+intolerant+ dual boost+Stalwart set+ Brawn's+ Hbglob khop, WITHOUT intim of course on Nythirios, easily against unbridled barbarians.
    But then again, one furyshot on monkcher on TO and he WILL stay on your ass so ...

Not much else you can do , except fitting manyshot ?
    Treetards will pull aggro on that, that's about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12