Default Using a dwarf axe two-handed

How effective is a dwarven axe when used two handed? How does the math compare with a greataxe for example? Thanks!

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

In DDO you cannot use a one-hand weapon in two hands. Using a Daxe without anything in the other hand will still treat the daxe as a one-hand weapon, and will NOT gain you any extra STR mod or PA bonus to damage.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

sorry its not like nwn2..........I dunno about p&p i think you can, and are medium sized weapons also two handers for small midgets like halflings and gnomes?

You do get glancing blows on dwarven axes and bastard swords if you don't have a weapon in your off-hand.

As stated above, you will lose half your strength modifier to damage, half of the damage, and the difference in base damage from power attack by using a d-axe instead of a great axe.

The crit profiles are typically the same. D-axes allow for the use of a shield or rune arm (for artis), while still getting glancing blows.

If you build for sword (well, dwarf axe) and board with the shield mastery feats & improved shield bash plus the 2hf feats line, the dps gap closes quite a lot - ok it's still less, but the increased AC & PRR can add a significant amount of extra durability - the shield can also have handy effects such as seeker, combat expertise, guard effects & spellpower.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by apep1412 View Post
    As stated above, you will lose half your strength modifier to damage, half of the damage...
    At the risk of being nitpicky, you'll lose the BONUS 50% strength modifier and PA bonus from using a true 2her. So from 150% to 100% effectiveness.

Just didn't want anyone to get the impression that going from Gaxe to Daxe meant you were giving up half your damage...you're actually just losing 1/3 of your bonus damage

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    sorry its not like nwn2..........I dunno about p&p i think you can, and are medium sized weapons also two handers for small midgets like halflings and gnomes?
    For halflings and gnomes, toothpicks can be used as two handed weapons.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    For halflings and gnomes, toothpicks can be used as two handed weapons.
    Well sure, but to be fair, Toothpick is still a 2-3 foot blade....

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Toothpick