Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Well...that didn't take long

Looks like the mad rush for CC is over.
    It was pretty much deserted last night on Orien. At least for the instance I was in.
    And it was taking forever for mobs to spawn.
    Is it winding down already. I thought it was going until the 11th of August.
    Maybe it was a typo, and they meant the 1st?

A lot of folks get bored with the repetition. Usually picks up on the weekends, though.

To get mobs spawning well, I stay in one general area and run around. Seems to work nicely. If you're in a group that works out even better, as more mobs spawn when there are more chars in the area.
    There is no free lunch.

Community Member

Yeah, it can be very tedious, but I gotta have some of that gear epic'd out. I'll worry about upgrading the tiers next time they have the event.
    And I absolutely MUST get the runearm. I forgot about that thing.

Community Member

I think the "mad rush" was over more than a year ago.

The problem with crystal cove is that it is vastly more efficient to farm Kobold Assault using a pirate grog than it is to actually run the CC area, so, yeah, the CC area tends to get abandoned quickly as people realize this.
    I edited a book!

Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    The problem with crystal cove is that it is vastly more efficient to farm Kobold Assault using a pirate grog than it is to actually run the CC area, so, yeah, the CC area tends to get abandoned quickly as people realize this.
    Yeah, good point.
    I didn't see any lfm's up either. But, I wasn't exactly checkin up on it very often either.

Well, I was running in the Smuggler's Rest last night on Argonessen so I could get into a party once the Cove opened up. Well, once it opened there was a distinct lack of LFM's for parties to run the Cove. I ended up never finding a group to run with and never getting into the Cove. I hope it is better on the weekends, because I have a piece of gear I am upgrading.
    Snarly Dwarf Chick With A Great Axe

What level are you man, look me up in game if we are close, I have been farming Cove again, love the new stuff like the rune arm and the Rum, my main is 15th right now, but I have a few 20's laying around as well if you want to get some epic gems.

Shoot me a tell in game, lets get this done..

Community Member

I've been doin most of the farming on my lvl 25 dorf. his name is Brooo.
    I'll be on around 5-ish, EST.

Community Member

I am on Orien too. It is a bit dead. But it's kind of understandable. I have been running it for years, and thoroughly enjoy the event, but at this point, the shards just go into a massive pile in my shared bank. I have multiples of all the items except the rune arm and just have nothing else to make.

Hopefully Turbine will find the time to sit down and upgrade the items to lvl 24 and 28 at some point so that there is a reason for old-timers to run it again.

Community Member

I haven't ran it as much as usual (I'm on Sarlona) and the population in the cove is quite low this go around as well on my server. I hav eduplicates of everything I want already so just finishing up a few upgrades and then stock piling shards for future updated items.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

I haven't been able to bother about the Cove the last two times, it simply gets too annoying. It's bad enough when I do normal challenges, but ever since the novelty value wore off, it's just plain boring grind.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Community Member

Yeah, I'm having trouble gettin my guildies to do it.
    One of them helped us on the first day, but he was...well...best leave that part unsaid.
    Anyhoo. Yeah, you Orien peeps look me up, I'll be happy to join you in CC.

By the way, whilst I was out there last night on my lvl 11 ranger, I discovered that once one is FINALLY able to target the stupid pirates, I was able to kill even the lvl 20+ mobs.
    Provided, of course, they weren't able to hit back.
    Last edited by Chauncey1; 07-31-2013 at 11:36 AM.

Community Member

Yeah, while its fun to run through the CC slayer zone for a while, you just don't get enough for it, once you have a dozen or two Compasses to access the challenge. The compasses (and completing the Hobgoblin Compendium deeds) are really the only thing worthwhile in the zone; the special chest maps don't drop nearly often enough to make it worth it for that.

You get way more doubloons and map pieces by farming Butchers Path. 80+ kills in under 3 mins. You get way more doubloons by farming the Challenge for gems and trading them in, even. Then it just ends up becoming a bottleneck for Green Dragonshards, so you're stuck farming the same challenge over and over because that's the only way to get any.

I really wish there was a way to buy Dragonshards with Doubloons, even if the exchange rate was unfavorable. Or at least something worthwhile to spend Doubloons on that wasn't gated by Dragonshards.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Yeah, while its fun to run through the CC slayer zone for a while, you just don't get enough for it, once you have a dozen or two Compasses to access the challenge. The compasses (and completing the Hobgoblin Compendium deeds) are really the only thing worthwhile in the zone; the special chest maps don't drop nearly often enough to make it worth it for that.

You get way more doubloons and map pieces by farming Butchers Path. 80+ kills in under 3 mins. You get way more doubloons by farming the Challenge for gems and trading them in, even. Then it just ends up becoming a bottleneck for Green Dragonshards, so you're stuck farming the same challenge over and over because that's the only way to get any.

I really wish there was a way to buy Dragonshards with Doubloons, even if the exchange rate was unfavorable. Or at least something worthwhile to spend Doubloons on that wasn't gated by Dragonshards.
    AGREED !!! I end up tossing out thousands of doubloons at the end of every cove simply because they are worthless. WHy not a few items to the barter box that are doubloon only purchasses much like the Cannith challenges were you can exchange for XP , Crafting, Slayer count, etc ...type pots.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sk3l3t0r View Post
    AGREED !!! I end up tossing out thousands of doubloons at the end of every cove simply because they are worthless. WHy not a few items to the barter box that are doubloon only purchasses much like the Cannith challenges were you can exchange for XP , Crafting, Slayer count, etc ...type pots.
    I got rid of most of my dubloons from the last time I ran Cove as well, luckily, I kept all the stolen gems and have a 200 green shard head start.
    Though, the only item I have left on my "Absolutely GOTTA GIT" list is the runearm. I'm on about 30 stolen star rubies short of being able to get it.
    And I'm not even sure if I'm gonna attempt to upgrade it this go round.

I'm seeing a big decrease in lfms now on Khyber. I have only experienced a few lag hiccups so that tells me either devs did a better job with event lag or it wasn't really busy like it normally has been in the past. It doesn't also help when nothing changed with the loot and nothing new added and there was an xp bonus going on.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I'd love to post/join an lfm on khyber, but having a really sharp kitchenknife overcoming my DR yesterday I'm reduced to forum reading or piking for now. Maybe the weekend of after.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post
    I'd love to post/join an lfm on khyber, but having a really sharp kitchenknife overcoming my DR yesterday I'm reduced to forum reading or piking for now. Maybe the weekend of after.

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    Eeks! I've been there. Just a tip: Don't follow your reflexes and try to catch one if you accidentally drop it while emptying the dishwasher. But yes, I did catch it. Scar to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by sk3l3t0r View Post
    Are the Air elemental gems still there? Granted xp pots would be a great addition, but those gems can make lvl 4-10 quests much easier... Especially when leveling a class you're not fond of for the past life
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast