Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    175

    Default A couple of questions (EP)

    I am posting it here because for some reason I can't post in the classes subforum.

    All questions are asked under the presumption that the Enhancement Pass will hit live in the shape that it had on the Lamannia beta testing.

    All questions are asked under the presumption that the build will use both shortswords and shurikens (changing them depending on the situation) and it will be a DEX based build, not a STR based build.

    Last but not least all questions are asked from a person with a level 18 warchanter bard who stopped playing pretty much 2 years ago.



    - How viable will it be to build a shuriken build without relying on sneak attack damage (except the one you get from Ninja Spy) and using only the extra shuriken throws from 10kstars and the DEX chance.

    - Which one will be better - High Wis + low Dex, Mid both, High Dex + Low Wis (high wis because of 10k stars)

    - Is Power Attack mandatory later on (I can get it but I dont want to waste points in STR if it's not needed)

    - Exactly how much would I need ways to bypass type (slashing etc), metallic and alignment damage reductions later on

    - In general how much are shortswords behind longswords in the dps curve

    - How common are no-save spells in epics.
    Last edited by Hajutze; 08-01-2013 at 09:24 AM.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hajutze View Post
    I am posting it here because for some reason I can't post in the classes subforum.

    All questions are asked under the presumption that the Enhancement Pass will hit live in the shape that it had on the Lamannia beta testing.

    All questions are asked under the presumption that the build will use both shortswords and shurikens (changing them depending on the situation) and it will be a DEX based build, not a STR based build.

    Last but not least all questions are asked from a person with a level 18 warchanter bard who stopped playing pretty much 2 years ago.



    - How viable will it be to build a shuriken build without relying on sneak attack damage (except the one you get from Ninja Spy) and using only the extra shuriken throws from 10kstars and the DEX chance.

    - Which one will be better - High Wis + low Dex, Mid both, High Dex + Low Wis (high wis because of 10k stars)

    - Is Power Attack mandatory later on (I can get it but I dont want to waste points in STR if it's not needed)

    - Exactly how much would I need ways to bypass type (slashing etc), metallic and alignment damage reductions later on

    - In general how much are shortswords behind longswords in the dps curve

    - How common are no-save spells in epics.
    Looking pretty viable. Not even counting 10k stars, a toon with 30 dex *should* have a 9% chance of throwing three shuriken, a 42% chance of throwing 2 shuriken, and a 49% chance of throwing only 1 shuriken. That's just over 50% chance of 2 shuriken, so not bad. However, I wouldn't make a thrower without the deepwood sniper tree. Extends SA and point blank shot range, and add some very nice ranged attacks that work with thrown weapons.

    I'm going to guess that building high dex, mod wis will be the best, 10k stars costs ki and is only active a portion of the time, where the other two abilities are always active. Also, you will get dex to hit and damage, so building dex will probably be good.

    I'm not sure if it will be *mandatory*, but i would include it. You'll probably want a minimum 12 str anyways unless your a halfling, so a +1 tome will make it available.

    zombies are your biggest issue for slashing damage, i'd make sure to have 2 disruption shortswords/kama's handy. As for metal DR, it's not huge on EN, somewhat on EH, not done EE, but i expect its probably a big deal there.

    longswords vs shortswords, not sure about the answer

  3. #3
    Community Member mezzorco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneArcher52689 View Post

    longswords vs shortswords, not sure about the answer
    They have the same crit profile, so basically shortswords are as bad as longswords (given the fact longswords are bad too), except named ones.
    However, I wouldn't suggest to invest in whirling steel strike, with shortswords you'll do pretty fine.
    I think going drow or halfling would be the best choices: high dex and dex enhancements, drow shortsword+shuriken weapon training and ambidexterity, halfling SA and throwing critical threat bonuses.
    Last edited by mezzorco; 08-05-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload