Community Member

Default EE Traps - What is the minimum skill point allocation for reliable search and disable

Hi guys it is me again,

I am wondering what is the theoretical lowest skill point allocation someone can put in to be able to search and disable EE or at least EH end game content.

A friend of mine can reach around 70 i believe with maxed search and disable

I think based on my lamma build i think i can only put in 13-16 for both search and disable. How bad will this be?

Thank you guys.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by flipstre View Post
    Hi guys it is me again,

I am wondering what is the theoretical lowest skill point allocation someone can put in to be able to search and disable EE or at least EH end game content.

A friend of mine can reach around 70 i believe with maxed search and disable

I think based on my lamma build i think i can only put in 13-16 for both search and disable. How bad will this be?

Thank you guys.
    I read in another post that the mark to hit for most EE is mid-sixties-ish. So you're looking at (something close to) +20 from gear, +5 Enhanced Search/DD item, +4 GH (clickie or scroll), +5-15 or so from your INT bonus (dep. if you're Arti or INT Rogue or STR Rogue, etc.), +7 Thieves Tools. There's other bonuses you can squeeze in if you need to too (action boosts, Bard buffs, feats etc.) that I wont count...

That leaves you with ~41-51 "free" points that are fairly obtainable, to which you add your 13 points to get to 54-64. With your d20 roll, that's leaving you around a 50% chance at worst, and a very good chance at best - so depending how much INT you have, you might be able to get by with dropping 10 points or so from a "fully maxed" DD/Search build, yes.

Caveat: my math may be completely wrong about how the die rolls really work And about the DC for EE traps being mid-sixties, though the "gold standard" AFAIK is still the trap in Cabal which is low-seventies.

The Hatchery

There's no good reason to get 23 ranks of it if you're a pure rogue. You have so many skill points.

When the level cap raises to 28, you might need all the points you can get.