Thread: arti tr'ing

Community Member

Default arti tr'ing

I'm looking at tr'ing my second string toon a drow arti. im considering one of these three lives.sorc for the evo dc and the extra sp can help. ranger for the extra xbow damage or pally for heal amp. currently any critter with evasion can ignore my blade barriers. and thats with the spell school focus feat. so would the one extra dc help? she doesnt have the greatest gear or even any wow worthy tomes. +1 to str and wis +2 everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by evilgijoe View Post
    I'm looking at tr'ing my second string toon a drow arti. im considering one of these three lives.sorc for the evo dc and the extra sp can help. ranger for the extra xbow damage or pally for heal amp. currently any critter with evasion can ignore my blade barriers. and thats with the spell school focus feat. so would the one extra dc help? she doesnt have the greatest gear or even any wow worthy tomes. +1 to str and wis +2 everything else.
    Work on tome/gear before you TR. ideally you want +2 in Con and important stats you are going to TR into. Not necessary but very helpful. As far as boosting DC's, every but helps.

If your "finally life" is going to be Artificer helpful past lives could/will be:

Ranger - +2 Damage w/bows; +6 Damage factored into your crit isn't nothing.
    Monk - +1 Damage; Adding this to Ranger past life makes for some nice DPS
    Paladin - Healing Amp; Free's up gear slots or makes things easier
    Wizard (active) - +1 DC's to spell; Can help boost BB DC's
    Sorcerer - +1 DC Evocation ; Can help BB DC's
    Rogue - +1 Damage SA; If you went Half-Elf
    Artificer - +1 UMD;Free's up inventory

Ranger is the best PL because of how critical damage is multiplied. I value Monk for the same reasons as Ranger.

Community Member

yes, shes definitely going to be an arti again. i was only planning one maybe 2 lives for her before her final arti life. Primarily since my sub ran out so no longer vip im limited on some of the mid level packs and dont want to grind til my eyes bleed.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by evilgijoe View Post
    yes, shes definitely going to be an arti again. i was only planning one maybe 2 lives for her before her final arti life. Primarily since my sub ran out so no longer vip im limited on some of the mid level packs and dont want to grind til my eyes bleed.
    If you're only going to put one or two PLs into it, definitely go with Ranger. The +2 ranged damage is going to end up dealing a lot more damage over the course of a quest than 5% fewer saves against your spells, or however it works out...heck, having all 3 Ranger PLs is the equivalent of adding a permanent +1[W] to your [1d10] heavy repeater.

You will want to work on tomes first, though. +3 Int, obviously, as your main casting stat/damage stat/reflex saves and also to get an extra skillpoint. +3 Dex to qualify for IPS. Getting better gear to boost your INT will help your DCs, too.
    Last edited by droid327; 08-01-2013 at 02:50 AM.