Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    I have the advantage of still being in school, so all of this dry stuff is yet burning brightly in my brain. Adjectives derived from proper nouns are proper adjectives. Thus, whatever the nationality, the adjective would still be capitalized for an English tart, an American tart, or a German tart. Just one question, though. What makes you think she is a tart?
    Go you! It was self depreciating i.e tart. Anyway I like tarts! Most of the annoyance with the spellchecker stems from being corrected by a machine, I'm one of those arty types that finds myself roaring #@%& OFF!! at the computer quite a lot. Apparently the guy that lives in the flat underneath mine once heard me bollocking my computer when there was another guy walking past his window; the passer by was not amused despite my neighbour protesting his innocence.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    I have the advantage of still being in school, so all of this dry stuff is yet burning brightly in my brain. Adjectives derived from proper nouns are proper adjectives. Thus, whatever the nationality, the adjective would still be capitalized for an English tart, an American tart, or a German tart. Just one question, though. What makes you think she is a tart?
    Go you. It was self depreciating i.e tart. Anyway I like tarts! Most of the annoyance with the spellchecker stems from being corrected by a machine, I'm one of those arty types that finds myself roaring #@%& OFF!! at the computer quite a lot. Apparently the guy that lives in the flat underneath mine once heard me bollocking the computer when there was another guy walking past his window; the passer by was not amused despite my neighbour protesting his innocence.

Community Member

Testing forum instability. Sorry everyone, I'm having technical difficulties

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aolas View Post
    Testing forum instability. Sorry everyone, I'm having technical difficulties
    I'm sure the good people at Maudsley have a 'fix' for you.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Aolas View Post
    If English is used as a noun then it has to start with a capital letter as Tscheuss correctly pointed out. However if used as an adjective eg. "english tart" then lower case is assumedly correct!
    Last time I checked, regardless of whether it is used as a noun or an adjective, it has to be capitalized as it is a language, a nationality, and a proper name.

You always capitalize proper names.

Then again, English is a fluid language, and changes over the years. it wasn't long ago when the word Earth was often capitalized when used in a specific way. Likewise, it was a "rule" to place a comma before a conjunction, whereas now that is less of a "rule" and more of a "suggestion."

Oh, and people didn't have names like K-Dog, The Situation, and Bob3y...

Quote Originally Posted by inventoryisfull View Post
    Purposefully vague, I'll just call them 'derpdualtwizzler' and ''albusiswaybetterthanme'.

Both of them are max level, both do not have prestige enhancements.

Noticed them as they turn up to some pug raids.

I went so far as send the link to the ddo wiki pages for both their respective classes prestige enhancements.

Flat out ignored by the derpdualtwizzler, who didn't say a word in reply to me or anything in party chat the whole time, I also saw he loot the tablecloth immediately for added ridiculousness because he is a pure melee.

The albusiswaybetterthanme seemed like an okay guy, after I told him what's up, but then over a week later I run into both again in a pug, same situation, no prestiges, extremely gimp.

How does this even happen?

Is DDO drawing so many WoW refugees now? (who will never admit they have even played it)

The kind of people that insist they are having fun playing their own way, and by telling them what they are doing wrong you are a horrible 'something something' for giving them legitimate insight and tips. Never stopping to think it's not just themselves playing, and one or more of these kinds of players fill a raid they are effectively destroying the fun for people that attempt to actually be good at a game.

Now I know some players might enjoy playing with these guys because it makes the game more challenging having almost dead weight, but I notice this is only the case when you have run a raid to death with a good guild and you have all the loot already.

Also I know DDO isn't a WoW clone (yet) but the reasons I quit WoW years ago, was when I continually found myself with players that seemed like they were watching a sports game on television at the same time as raiding, who really didn't seem to care that they were only pulling barely over 1/2 the numbers of say DPS for their respective gear/class. And anyone who has played WoW knows on a lot of bosses it's game over if you can't reduce the hps of a boss before a certain time limit or stage.

None of the welfare badge gear blizzard brought out helped these kinds of players, it certainly didn't help the overall game experience, in fact it ruined it. It didn't matter how good the hand out gear was, enabling these kinds of players (in theory) to jump right into raiding the latest content.

And neither will level up stones and other fast tracked measures such as iconic classes to get new players right into end game, when all it means is a max level player with less game knowledge than someone struggling in the waterworks with a broken char that can barely function.

I think you've become too complacent in elitism friend. I have no prc enhancements on my current build and I do more than ok. Gimp because I do less than optimal damage have less than optimal hit points and spell points, that I melee and have 0 offensive spells Yet I still manage to keep pugs up and a live healing them while I fight. Sure I only have one heal spell on my hot bars, but that is so I can feel like god in choosing who gets to live, and who gets to die ^_^

Gimp or not, the only thing important is if they are enjoying the game.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456