Default SO Decay returns in just over two weeks....

Will it be the same or will it be size-neutral adjusted?

Community Member Mephisto-Helix's Avatar

It really would be ridiculous to bring back decay in any way, shape or form but I have a feeling Turbine will just turn it back on as it was because, why listen to the players after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto-Helix View Post
    It really would be ridiculous to bring back decay in any way, shape or form but I have a feeling Turbine will just turn it back on as it was because, why listen to the players after all.
    Seems like kind of thing turbine does.

Community Member

I might be too much of an optimist but i think they will leave it off.

It's great that Turbine was willing to give this a try. Let's hope it didn't hurt sales of guild products. Lets hope they can relate astal shard sales to ship purchases.

The dev team is fanstastic and I am sure they want players to be free of this source of unnecessary frustration.

I hope decay will stay away just long enough for my guild to make it to level 55!!! It won't take long! I swear!
    Snarly Dwarf Chick With A Great Axe

What I hope happened during this decay free period is that Turbine reviewed the metric and figured out what the "Real" earning potential of Renowned is and hopefully at a Player level and not just a guild level.

The reason I hope for this deals with how I felt that they "Overestimated" earning potential on guild renown and in doing that made a less than accurate decision on Decay. Armed with "real" numbers if decay needs to be re-established it can hopefully be done in an appropriate manner that does not hurt the varied make-ups of the Guilds of DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    What I hope happened during this decay free period is that Turbine reviewed the metric and figured out what the "Real" earning potential of Renowned is and hopefully at a Player level and not just a guild level.

The reason I hope for this deals with how I felt that they "Overestimated" earning potential on guild renown and in doing that made a less than accurate decision on Decay. Armed with "real" numbers if decay needs to be re-established it can hopefully be done in an appropriate manner that does not hurt the varied make-ups of the Guilds of DDO.

I have my sneaking suspicions and you just stated them. Makes sense. Yes, go away decay ; but if you must stay - then make it fair to all.

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    I have my sneaking suspicions and you just stated them. Makes sense. Yes, go away decay ; but if you must stay - then make it fair to all.
    That's a myth there is no way to make it fair to all. Trash it and even then you'll still have people complaining that large guilds level faster. There is no good solution.