Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Community Member UurlockYgmeov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere on the waters of this planet.
    Posts
    4,732

    Default SO Decay returns in just over two weeks....

    Will it be the same or will it be size-neutral adjusted?

  2. #2
    Community Member Mephisto-Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    150

    Default

    It really would be ridiculous to bring back decay in any way, shape or form but I have a feeling Turbine will just turn it back on as it was because, why listen to the players after all.

  3. #3
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto-Helix View Post
    It really would be ridiculous to bring back decay in any way, shape or form but I have a feeling Turbine will just turn it back on as it was because, why listen to the players after all.
    Seems like kind of thing turbine does.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    276

    Default

    I might be too much of an optimist but i think they will leave it off.

    It's great that Turbine was willing to give this a try. Let's hope it didn't hurt sales of guild products. Lets hope they can relate astal shard sales to ship purchases.

    The dev team is fanstastic and I am sure they want players to be free of this source of unnecessary frustration.

  5. #5
    The Hatchery Bonulino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Living inside my head.
    Posts
    656

    Default

    I hope decay will stay away just long enough for my guild to make it to level 55!!! It won't take long! I swear!
    Snarly Dwarf Chick With A Great Axe

  6. #6
    The Hatchery Enoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,597

    Default

    What I hope happened during this decay free period is that Turbine reviewed the metric and figured out what the "Real" earning potential of Renowned is and hopefully at a Player level and not just a guild level.

    The reason I hope for this deals with how I felt that they "Overestimated" earning potential on guild renown and in doing that made a less than accurate decision on Decay. Armed with "real" numbers if decay needs to be re-established it can hopefully be done in an appropriate manner that does not hurt the varied make-ups of the Guilds of DDO.

  7. #7
    Community Member UurlockYgmeov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere on the waters of this planet.
    Posts
    4,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    What I hope happened during this decay free period is that Turbine reviewed the metric and figured out what the "Real" earning potential of Renowned is and hopefully at a Player level and not just a guild level.

    The reason I hope for this deals with how I felt that they "Overestimated" earning potential on guild renown and in doing that made a less than accurate decision on Decay. Armed with "real" numbers if decay needs to be re-established it can hopefully be done in an appropriate manner that does not hurt the varied make-ups of the Guilds of DDO.

    I have my sneaking suspicions and you just stated them. Makes sense. Yes, go away decay ; but if you must stay - then make it fair to all.

  8. #8
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    I have my sneaking suspicions and you just stated them. Makes sense. Yes, go away decay ; but if you must stay - then make it fair to all.
    That's a myth there is no way to make it fair to all. Trash it and even then you'll still have people complaining that large guilds level faster. There is no good solution.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload