Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    These do have existing spell schools. We should call them out in the tool tips.
    And, while you are at it, you should call the DCs out in the tool tips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Reroll.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefJustice View Post
    Does Epic Mage Armor stack?
    When I tested this on a char, it didn't stack that I could see.

Varg: If you could please, I would still like some clarification on Perfect TWF. I need to know if it works on unarmed Monks or not. I bug reported the Feat Tool Tip for lack of clarification, but figured I'd ask in here again.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Its armor bonus, so even if it does, expect a fix.
    Too bad. Would have been a nice, relevant AC buff otherwise.

I wonder what feat would be good to take at lvl 26 on a spellcaster...

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Hit points?

The problem is a good chunk of the epic feats listed are per PnP. But this game is so house ruled, the per PnP just doesn't cut the standard that is put forth in this environment.

Am liking the doubleshot for sure !!!
    " Elize Ryd - Officer @ Band of Gypsys "

" Trapped in my skin - See the nexus in my dreams - But will you bury me within? "

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Does anyone know if you can swap these out later should you cap destinies after choosing one the first time? For example, I reach 26, take one of the feats. Then later on I cap out two destinies and want to trade that previous choice out for another one.

I tried on Lam using the mind flayer, but he didn't seem to notice them. Is the only option to use a lessor to swap them at a later date, or is there another way ? (or possibly the mind flayer hasn't been updated?)
    Leader of The Madborn, Thelanis
    Searros, Kangaros, Xearos, Fearos, Tearos, Zenros, Rocknros, Rargasauros, Whilyros, Frostyros, Rosificer, Levonestral, Clankros, Stabbyros

Community Member

Angry

Chose anything that gives you better pew-pew or more HP, if you are wanting EE spellcasting dc's it's best just to give up as the dev's don't give a darn.

Here's some more formal information about the new Epic Feats beyond level 25![*] Epic Skill Focus
    • There is one of these for each skill except Use Magic Device.
    • +5 to the chosen skill
    • Passive
    • Notes:
    • Requires 20 trained ranks of the corresponding skill. Bonuses from effects, enhancements, or feats, such as those granted with each Epic level, don’t count as trained ranks. Bonuses from Skill Tomes do count, similar to Ability Score tomes.
    • Each skill is available to a different sphere:
      • Arcane: concentration, disable device, perform, repair, spellcraft
      • Divine: bluff, diplomacy, haggle, heal, listen
      • Martial: balance, hide, open lock, search, swim
      • Primal: intimidate, jump, move silently, spot, tumble

Why is disable device linked to Arcane sphere?? It should be in the martial sphere like open lock & search.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alistina View Post
    Why is disable device linked to Arcane sphere?? It should be in the martial sphere like open lock & search.
    Each sphere has 5 skills in it. And Disable Device is also an Artificer skill.

The more puzzling question is about Haggle. Why are Haggle and Listen in the Divine sphere when they aren't class skills for any Divine? Clerics, FvS and Paladins don't get Haggle as a skill; only Bards, Rogues and Artificers do. Clerics, FvS and Paladins don't get Listen, only Bard, Barbarians, Monk, Rogues and Rangers do. Haggle should swap places with Concentration, since Haggle is an Artificer skill and all Divines get Concentration. Listen should swap with Intimidate, since Listen is a Barbarian and Ranger skill and Paladins get Intimidate.

Additionally, Tumble isn't a class skill for any Primal class. Tumble is a class skill for Bards, Monks, and Rogues. So Tumble should actually swap places with Swim in the Martial sphere.

If those changes happen, then every current class in the given spheres have skills that actually correspond with the class skills for those spheres. Currently, it's slightly jumbled.

Quote Originally Posted by Texlaw1992 View Post
    If you LR with Fred now on Lam, you then have the option to swap virtually all your chosen feats except the lvl 1 feats, instead of just the most recent five.

Also, the 3-day time limit between swaps appears to have been removed as I was able to swap feats two days in a row. I'm not sure if there's any time limit at all.

Edit: In addition to the perfect "2" feats, how about perfect S&B as an optional feat?
    agreed, theres nothing for S&B builds
    /signed

Does Epic Mage Armor stack?
    It counts as armor just like a robe/bracer with armor bonus. It shouldn't be "cast-able" though, just an auto 20 armor bonus. I haven't tested if it dispel-able by beholders in its current state (which I bet it is).

Sure its free to recast, but with its short duration its more of an annoyance. Why not just make it 20armor when the feat is taken?
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 42/42, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    Each sphere has 5 skills in it. And Disable Device is also an Artificer skill.

The more puzzling question is about Haggle. Why are Haggle and Listen in the Divine sphere when they aren't class skills for any Divine? Clerics, FvS and Paladins don't get Haggle as a skill; only Bards, Rogues and Artificers do. Clerics, FvS and Paladins don't get Listen, only Bard, Barbarians, Monk, Rogues and Rangers do. Haggle should swap places with Concentration, since Haggle is an Artificer skill and all Divines get Concentration. Listen should swap with Intimidate, since Listen is a Barbarian and Ranger skill and Paladins get Intimidate.

Additionally, Tumble isn't a class skill for any Primal class. Tumble is a class skill for Bards, Monks, and Rogues. So Tumble should actually swap places with Swim in the Martial sphere.

If those changes happen, then every current class in the given spheres have skills that actually correspond with the class skills for those spheres. Currently, it's slightly jumbled.
    I understand that artis have arcane spells. However, it is fairly common/plausible for an arti to go martial tree (at least for 1st tier stills using twists that are as good for an arti as for a rogue, if nothing else) but there is absolutely no reason for a rogue to venture into arcane tree. That would literally be the last tree a rogue/rogue splash toon takes after earning fate points from all other trees.

It would at least make sense in having it as a shared thing, for both martial & arcane spheres to support both rogues/artis respectively. But having a prime rogue skill such as disable device linked excursively to the arcane tree makes no sense to me.

Devs, please consider this and make it shared for both trees, if not only martial. But don't link it just to arcane, that really doesn't make much sense.

Also, completely agree to what orad says in his post on other skills, the spheres really need to be revisited and revised to have a logical synergy to the respective classes that commonly takes those spheres.
    Last edited by Alistina; 08-04-2013 at 09:10 AM.

On my DC druid caster I looked at these epic feats and took toughness. There really is nothing that interests me, I could play around with frog thingy but really the DC I would need to brake fort saves is more than what i can get.

Otherwise these feats are junk. Add some more feats into these please.

Community Member

Putting aside the specifics of the feats (some of the numbers indeed need work), the system is unnecessarily complicated. So understanding is that epic feats options are are now like:

21: heroic feats, Epic feat set A
    22: none
    23: none
    24: Heroic Feats, Epic Feat set A
    25: none
    26: Epic Feat set B (destiny requirements A); heroic toughness
    27: Heroic Feats, Epic feat Set A, Epic Feat Set C
    28: Epic Feat set D (destiny requirements B); heroic toughness

There's just no rhyme or reason to that and it has arbitrary and confusing restrictions.

Why not just give feats at 20, 22, 24, 26, 28 (every even level), with some feats having ML or destiny requirements? Why take away older feat options?
    Gildus, Sabathiel, Einion, Yhvain

Cannith

[/list]
    Bonus feat!

Eppy Woot!

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    Putting aside the specifics of the feats (some of the numbers indeed need work), the system is unnecessarily complicated. So understanding is that epic feats options are are now like:

21: heroic feats, Epic feat set A
    22: none
    23: none
    24: Heroic Feats, Epic Feat set A
    25: none
    26: Epic Feat set B (destiny requirements A); heroic toughness
    27: Heroic Feats, Epic feat Set A, Epic Feat Set C
    28: Epic Feat set D (destiny requirements B); heroic toughness

There's just no rhyme or reason to that and it has arbitrary and confusing restrictions.

Why not just give feats at 20, 22, 24, 26, 28 (every even level), with some feats having ML or destiny requirements? Why take away older feat options?
    At 21, 24, and 27 you're getting a standard Feat just as you do every third Heroic level, that progression hasn't changed. There are more options in Epic levels, but they're standard Feats.

The new Destiny Feats at levels 26 and 28 are something like Epic Class Feats, akin to the ones Fighters or Artificers get. You choose one feat from a select list of options.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Here's some more formal information about the new Epic Feats beyond level 25!

[list][*] Level 27 includes some new epic feats. As usual for character levels that are multiples of 3, you can fill your level 27 feat slot with any of these new feats requiring level 27, or existing normal feats. [*] Each Level 26 feat requires that you have earned all XP for at least 1 Epic Destiny for the sphere related to that feat. Example: To get Epic Tactician you must have capped out the XP for any one Martial Destiny (Shadowdancer, Legendary Dreadnought, or Grandmaster of Flowers). [*] Each Level 28 feat requires that you have earned all XP for at least two Epic Destinies for the related Sphere. [*] The spells below are not Spell-Like Abilities. They are spells. They can be used with metamagics, and the SP cost increases appropriately.[*] At level 26 or 28 you always have the option to take (heroic) Toughness.
    I have not seen the XP progression yet for 26-28.

we know you can cap out 1 ED before 26 easily. I assume you can cap out 2 by 28.

what happens if you dont though? If I dont have the destinies capped.. do I just permanently lose those feats?

Why was Heroic Toughness choose as the only heroic feat you could take? Or was that just an example?
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    If I dont have the destinies capped.. do I just permanently lose those feats?

Why was Heroic Toughness choose as the only heroic feat you could take?
    I guess because it is about the only feat you can take multiple time, its useful for everyone, and its easy for Fred to replace thus serving as a place holder feat?

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    I have not seen the XP progression yet for 26-28.

we know you can cap out 1 ED before 26 easily. I assume you can cap out 2 by 28.

what happens if you dont though? If I dont have the destinies capped.. do I just permanently lose those feats?

Why was Heroic Toughness choose as the only heroic feat you could take? Or was that just an example?
    You need less than 2 million XP to fully cap destiny, you can do it before lvl24.
    If you need to defeat 2 spheres on the way, that's 4 million.
    XP required for lvl26 is little above 4 millions. You can bank some XP, and reaching 1 destiny capped is possible.

You can have 2 destinies capped before lvl28, even from 2 spheres away from yours, because you can bank this level for as long as you like, staying at 27 before getting enough ED XP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast