Community Member

Default Snitch Crateos Bug worka err runaround?

First off, I detest workarounds, this needs fixed. Hopefully my discovery of how to beat the bug(that only some of us are plagued by) will help turbine figure out what the problem is.

So after many tries to get past the crateos bug in snitch I finally have a method that works. Through trial and error I realized at some point a timer of sorts starts, could be as early as when you 1st walk in, only thing im certain of is the timers starts well before youre anywhere near crateos.

Once I realized this, it was to the races to see if I could get there in time.

To pull it off you need striding 30% or equivalent run speed boost, High jump may also be needed to save time at ladders(climbing is slower than juming to higher rungs), lastly youll likely need some way to invis yourself a few times because dungeon alert slowdown will almost definitely cause you to not get to crateos before the bug barrier goes up.

Clear 1st room, hopefully you can kill fast because timer may start as soon as you step in. At this point I invised and headed to next lever, jumped down reinvis, hit levers reinvis, take shortest route to crateos and if your fast enough you can get into his room BARELY before the barrier goes up, for me it was split second.

If anyone has an account that gets this bug and a friend or 2nd account that doesn't they could figure out EXACTLY when the timer starts for the bug by having the person who doesn't encounter the bug clear up to crateos(without setting him off) and then having the buged character go into quest, wait a couple min see if crateos activates, if not then advance 2nd character incrementally waiting a couple minutes at key points(like levers or npc scripts) to see when the timer starts, that info should be helpful in fixing this I would think.

does this bugg happen both on normal and epic? ive never seen it myself

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uidolon View Post
    does this bugg happen both on normal and epic? ive never seen it myself
    It is just B's soapbox. Just let him B.

Did EH snitch last night with a guildie and we didn't rush to Crateos. We stopped and killed everything (including the oozes in the fire trap room) and killed the red-named spider too. I also did all the traps. He didn't lock us out. I don't think it's a time component, but just an intermittent bug that seems really hard to replicate.

Sorry you're having such bad luck in there.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Did EH snitch last night with a guildie and we didn't rush to Crateos. We stopped and killed everything (including the oozes in the fire trap room) and killed the red-named spider too. I also did all the traps. He didn't lock us out. I don't think it's a time component, but just an intermittent bug that seems really hard to replicate.

Sorry you're having such bad luck in there.
    It happens in any epic difficulty im sure, not sure about heroic because its not a quest I tend to do at lvl heroic.

If he didn't lock you out, neither of you get this bug, most don't. Sure is frustrating for those of us who do, less so now for me since I can get past it.

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    It happens in any epic difficulty im sure, not sure about heroic because its not a quest I tend to do at lvl heroic.

If he didn't lock you out, neither of you get this bug, most don't. Sure is frustrating for those of us who do, less so now for me since I can get past it.
    It just seems so strange. But then again DDO is the place where someone going into epic party crashers on a certain difficulty using a certain dialog option with a certain social skill score screwed up the spawns in Mabar. Plus mushrooms are doors. Anything is possible.

Community Member

I saw the Crateos bug on EH a few times. It seemed to be every time the paladin pulled the lever --- it was suggested that the Paladin Aura was slightly too wide and catching agro from below? Whenever our paladin stood at quest entrance until we pulled lever, it was fine. (We did 5-6 runs for Antinque Great Axe Seals).
    Thelanis: Ikeren, Paladin 7. Dylas --- Cleric 21.

Community Member

Default Safe Room

The timer appears to start as soon as you speak to roderick, so the first room is safe to buff or wait in if needed, however as soon as you speak to roderick in 1st fight room the timer begins, so you have to kill fast.

I figured this out by standing in room for several minutes before interacting with roderick and i was still able to make crateos in time, however when i spoke to him and cleared room then waited the barrier was up before i even got out of the water b4 gargoyles.

I was actually rewarded for doing all this testing, after many many tries and a long time of the quest being incompletable i got the eaga seal last run, unreal.

Community Member

Default Not the levers

Quote Originally Posted by CE2JRH123 View Post
    I saw the Crateos bug on EH a few times. It seemed to be every time the paladin pulled the lever --- it was suggested that the Paladin Aura was slightly too wide and catching agro from below? Whenever our paladin stood at quest entrance until we pulled lever, it was fine. (We did 5-6 runs for Antinque Great Axe Seals).
    Definitely not the levers causing the bug, i have it narrowed down to either the initial interaction with roderick before first fight, or the first fight itself that triggers the timer countdown til the crateos barrier goes up.

Community Member

I've been getting the bug a lot lately, but on the plus side the in-game gms have been prompt about teleporting me inside.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Community Member

Default theory

In addition to the fact that the bug timer start when you first speak to dude prior to fight in 1st room, i suspect that this plagues builds with any type of aura mostly, tho i have bug on characters that have no aura i know of. I believe that the split second when an npc activates before they go into a script some builds can get agro, i specualte that he spawns at crateo a set time after you speak with him in 1st room, and if you somehow acquired agro when you first spoke to him then script will start as soon as he spawns at crateos even tho you arent actually there yet. This is purely specualation, but ive heard no other theory that rivals it logically.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    It is just B's soapbox. Just let him B.
    i see what you did there...
    Last edited by nikos1313; 08-01-2013 at 09:39 PM.
    Proud officer of The Balance, in Khyber
    Robopew / Kormah / Sokin / Dhona / Thendrik / Tightpants / Altab / Screamforme / Oohshift / Evermissing

...justa double post comming through...
    Last edited by nikos1313; 08-01-2013 at 09:40 PM.
    Proud officer of The Balance, in Khyber
    Robopew / Kormah / Sokin / Dhona / Thendrik / Tightpants / Altab / Screamforme / Oohshift / Evermissing