Community Member TheNameIwasntB4's Avatar

Default LOTRO was told about today's outage

Also, they are saying that LOTRO is getting new forums.

it gets worse, Turbine is redoing stuff for LOTRO from now until August 1.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...2013-ESTIMATED
    Last edited by TheNameIwasntB4; 07-29-2013 at 04:58 PM.
    April 2013 - Manager Meeting - New Forums, WOW!! We just had over 90% new players join!!

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Well, in theory Turbine have already done a pilot migration and gathered up a bucket load of lessons learned with what we had to endure.

I'm sure that everything will run all tickety-boo for the Lotro brigade, and that there will be no broken links on Google or anywhere else because nothing is lost or fundamentally changed.

Best of luck to them.

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

+1 for "tickety-boo"!

And of course I'm sure you're right.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post
    +1 for "tickety-boo"!

And of course I'm sure you're right.
    Heh, I liked that one, too.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Well, nothing new here.

Since the begining DDO has been the test platform for changes to LOTRO.

Vast and Mysterious ? DDO first
    F2P ? DDO first
    Offer Wall ? DDO First ( well due to obvious reasons it never even went to LoTRO )
    System Revamps ? DDO First
    MyDDO and associated things ? DDO First
    European Closure ? DDO First
    European Character Transfer ? DDO First ( and they really streamlined it for LoTRO, as the European players didn't have to wait their characters 4 months, on the day the European server went down for LoTRO the European Client was patched to go to the US servers, and the European Servers were just copied over )
    Shutdown of MyDDO and Forum fubaring ? DDO First.

I forgot some along the way.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Lotro is why Warner bought Turbine. Warner is the boss, Turbine is the division who does what the boss says. Since LOTRO is a huge cash cow for Warner (they own the licensing for everything now that they acquired Turbine, the last property they didn't have the licensing rights for) it's not really surprising that they have Turbine focus on LOTRO a lot. I honestly believe Warner didn't really want DDO or AC, and if DDO stops generating revenue with little effort and minimal input resources (dev time and money and administrative costs), it will just vanish. And it won't matter if Turbine and their employess care or not, they don't get to make the decision.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Well, in theory Turbine have already done a pilot migration and gathered up a bucket load of lessons learned with what we had to endure.

I'm sure that everything will run all tickety-boo for the Lotro brigade, and that there will be no broken links on Google or anywhere else because nothing is lost or fundamentally changed.

Best of luck to them.
    They do have the constant log-off thing going on atm.

I'm betting it's gonna get all cross-haired in the beginning, even after our being used as sacrificial lemmings.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

but why do they get to keep their lottery and DDO does not?

LOTRO Lotteries
    The lottery widget is going away and a new Lottery page is taking its place. Several small changes have been made that should make it easier to see which lotteries you are eligible for, which you have entered, and your winnings after the fact. You should also now be able to see all lotteries, even if your character cannot enter them. The “no lottery” message should also now correctly state there are no lotteries running if there are no active lotteries.

I like the daily dice - but give us back our lottery!

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post

LOTRO Lotteries
    The lottery widget is going away and a new Lottery page is taking its place. Several small changes have been made that should make it easier to see which lotteries you are eligible for, which you have entered, and your winnings after the fact. You should also now be able to see all lotteries, even if your character cannot enter them. The “no lottery” message should also now correctly state there are no lotteries running if there are no active lotteries.

Having a Lottery page, and actually using it are two different things.

I think I caught em having 1 lottery about a month ago, with staggeringly low win percentages apparently.

One difference between the two places - they've got theirs set up on their main page. Ours were shoehorned into the My.DDO creature, so went away when the creature died. Could be too much work (no money in it) to make it a viable project for us.

*shrug* Dunno. I miss em, too.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Having a Lottery page, and actually using it are two different things.

I think I caught em having 1 lottery about a month ago, with staggeringly low win percentages apparently.

One difference between the two places - they've got theirs set up on their main page. Ours were shoehorned into the My.DDO creature, so went away when the creature died. Could be too much work (no money in it) to make it a viable project for us.

*shrug* Dunno. I miss em, too.
    Ikr? It seemed like I had just found them, then they were gone.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

yes, bring back the in-game ddo lotteries.

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post

LOTRO Lotteries

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

I miss the lottery.

I can roll for one (kinda meh) item once per day on the entire server.

I also can't get lesser hearts (as far as I know) through the DD.

The lottery was one of the selling points of DDO for me. Not the only one, but it was definitely one.