Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Default New feat discusion

I don't think I saw a thread like this, so I'll start it.

There are new epic feats in llamaland, what do you think about them?

Please post your thoughts and suggestions about them.

I'll start, I tested ruin and hellball a bit.

Ruin seems to be dealing a lot of damage (littl(e over 2,1k w/ maximize and empower and ~100 force spellpower), but the cost (100 spellpoints w/ both metas, both at max discount) and very long cooldown (12 seconds) makes this spell decent, but not worth calling epic.

Hellball deals medium AoE damage (average 800 for me w/ metas) for 75 mana w/ maximize and empower. It feels better than Ruin, but still, damage is costy, and of four different types, meaning savants are going to see some of them reduced to low values.

My opinion on both of theese epic spells:

+Its great that we finally have epic spells!
    +Love idea about free feats requiring epic destiny capped
    +Hellball got great animation- flashy but not eye destroying

-They're both too expensive.
    -Damage types of hellball favour air savants, earth savants are at disadvantage, and water savants suffer decreased fire damage part, but no cold type gives them no advantage.

My suggestions how to improve those two feats:
    1. Cut the cooldown of Ruin to 8 seconds.
    2. Change Hellball's damage types from [fire/acid/electric/sonic] to [fire/acid/electric/ice]
    3. Allow applying metamagics for free to those spells.
    4. Drop level requirement of 2 spheres feat to 27 and allow players to choose spheere feat instead of regular/epic feat at level 27.
    Last edited by Vellrad; 07-30-2013 at 01:36 AM.

Hellball is going to be irrelevant in EE. DC is 20 + Stat mod, lol.

You can't even get a 50 DC. Also, a reflex save.

I've already stated this elsewhere. All these Epic destiny feats with DC 20 + Stat mod are going to be useless. This needs to be changed to:

25 + Half Char level + Stat mod.

25 + 14 + 20~25 = 59~64 DC. Better now, for 75 SP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

First Stike is aweful. (Or is it Alpha Stike?).

The perfect TWF is nice though.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

I don't know what all of the epic feats are because I've not tested every character type. But, for me and my way of playing the new feats that I've seen are simply outstanding.

I haven't tried Alpha Strike. First Strike is a bit underwhelming but not worthless. Sometimes, for me, the best choice in a list of meh choices. But, stuff like permanent haste or improved mage armor -- I have a use for those.

One more thing. Some of the feats seem tied to the epic destiny you are in -- or at least the epic destinies that you have capped out. I haven't deciphered the link though.

Full feat list:

Tier 1 feats (requires one ED maximized, can be taken at level 26 or 28):

Epic Spell Power: +20 to one element.
    Arcane: Acid, Cold, Eletric, Fire, Force, Repair, Sonic.
    Divine: Fire, Light, Negative, Positive.
    Primal: Acid, Cold, Eletric, Fire, Positive, Sonic.

Epic Skil Focus: +5 to skill. Requires 20 trained ranks, and specific spheres.
    Arcane: Concentration, Disable Device, Perform, Repair, Spellcraft
    Divine: Bluff, Diplomacy, Haggle, Heal, Listen
    Martial: Balance, Hide, Open Lock, Search, Swim
    Primal: Intimidate, Jump, Move Silently, Spot, Tumble

Divine feats:

Guardian Angel: When you drop below 50% HP, you get +PRR equal your wisdom modifier and +Saves equal your epic level for one minute

Holy Strike: Ghost Touch. On vorpal, deal 10d6 damage against evil enemies. Works on Melee, unarmed and ranged.

Arcane Feats:

Epic Mage Armor: 15 SP, can target yourself or an ally. +20 armor bonus to AC.

Lasting Inspiration: +3 bard songs, +50% song duration

Martial Feats:

Pierce <Metal>: Adamantine, Byeshk, Cold Iron, or Silver. Works on ranged and melee (not sure on unarmed, since description says "your equipped weapons". There is a Mithral on Lama too, but Varg said it will be removed)

Tactician: +2 Tactics DC

Primal Feats:

Perfect Two Handed Fighting: DO NOT require THF feat chain. +10% glancing blow damage, +10% chance to trigger weapon procs on glancing blows

Perfect Two Weapon Fighting: DO NOT require TWF feat chain. +5% doublestrike, +10% off-hand doublestrike

Tier 2 Feats (requires 2 EDs in the same sphere maximized, must be taken at level 28)

Arcane Feat:

Hellball: 50 SP, Deal 10d6 Acid, cold, eletric and fire damage in area. Reflex save for half damage (DC 20 + int or cha mod)

Divine Feat:

Forced Escape: 40 SP, 20d20 Sonic damage in area. Fortitude save for half (DC 20 + wis mod). Can be used while stunned, and dispel CC effects on you.

Martial Feats:

Elusive Target: 5% chance to ignore physical damage from any source (weapon or magical)

First Blood: You deal 5d20 extra damage against enemies with 90% or more HP. This extra damage only trigger once every three seconds.

Primal Feats:

Doubleshot: 10% Doubleshot.

Mass Frog: 75 SP. Up to six enemies in an area are turned into frogs. Fortitude save to avoid (DC 20 + Wis mod)
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

It seems to me that the constantly hasted feat (blinding speed) is going to be considered a 'must have' for any character that can take it.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    It seems to me that the constantly hasted feat (blinding speed) is going to be considered a 'must have' for any character that can take it.
    Speed 15 has the same 15/30 mods as a single item effect. Until you acquire that item mod, it's handy. Once you do, swap to something else.

It just occurred to me... I see lots of PRR, but no static DR of any kind.

Community Member

Default My Thoughts

My grades:

A: Great Feat
    C: I might use but it should be improved
    F: I will never use this feat - seems underpowered and/or not worth a feat slot

27 "Normal Feats"
    Epic Damage Reduction: C
    Ruin: A (No savings throw is the key)
    Epic Fortitude: F
    Epic Reflexes: C (Usable with a high reflex evasion character without improved evasion)
    Epic WIll: F
    Epic Reputation: F
    Blinding Speed: A (Sets the benchmark high for all others)
    Watchful Eye: F

Feats Requiring One Destiny Capped:

Epic Skill Focus: F
    Epic Tactician: F
    Penetrate Damage Reduction: C
    Spellpower: A
    Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting: A (should be usable with handwraps)
    Perfect Two-Handed Fighting: A
    Lasting Iinspiration: A (Buffing Bard only)
    Guardian Angel: A
    Epic Mage Armor: C (Displacement for the win)
    Holy Strike: F (.5 to 3 damage not worth it)

Feats Requiring Two Destinies Capped:
    First Blood: C
    Elusive Target: C
    Doubleshot: A
    Mass Frog: F (cute for casual players - should be cute and effective)
    Hellball: F
    Forced Escape: C
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by soloist12 View Post
    Speed 15 has the same 15/30 mods as a single item effect. Until you acquire that item mod, it's handy. Once you do, swap to something else.
    Are you talking about striding? Because I'm not. I am talking about the new epic feat that will grant a constant Haste (as the spell) effect. It seems to me that a feat like that would be a 'must have' for any character, or at least any melee(ish) character. The difference between being hasted and non-hasted in melee is just too great.

*Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Are you talking about striding? Because I'm not. I am talking about the new epic feat that will grant a constant Haste (as the spell) effect. It seems to me that a feat like that would be a 'must have' for any character, or at least any melee(ish) character. The difference between being hasted and non-hasted in melee is just too great.
    No, he's talking about the new Speed Suffix, that combines striding and alacrity. Speed XV is striding 30% and Melee and Ranged alacrity 15% in one item effect. It's on the Goatskin boots (image pasted below for reference), and may be on random loot as well. Speed XV is very close to the effects of perma haste from the feat.

Last edited by TPICKRELL; 07-31-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    No, he's talking about the new Speed Suffix, that combines striding and alacrity. Speed XV is striding 30% and Melee and Ranged alacrity 15% in one item effect. It's on the Goatskin boots (image pasted below for reference), and may be on random loot as well. Speed XV is very close to the effects of perma haste from the feat.
    Oh wow, I totally missed all of that. That's a very nice suffix, that does change things a bit. Although if it is only on a named item from epic elite I think the feat would still be a 'must have' for most characters. But yes, if it is also available on random loot or is otherwise 'gettable' by people that don't grind EE then I would agree that makes the feat a lot less of a 'must have'.

The difference between being hasted and non-hasted in melee is just too great.
    Even on live I barely notice a difference, having both 30% striding and 10% alacrity always-equipped.

The feat is still a boost over Speed XV in that haste is 32% striding, 15% alacrity and +1 reflex save.

The good news is that Speed 15 eliminates Air Stance for any Monk. Yeah

Edit: also Haste was changed. They dropped the 1 reflex and changed it to 1 dodge

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

There are NO other melee feats worth taking except the Perfect THF/TWF feat.

Epic tactician is garbage. Devs, give us a cool ability. I want a cool ability. Cool abilities, please? Why are there NO COOL ABILITIES!

lol, its just more of the same redundant stuff
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Oh wow, I totally missed all of that. That's a very nice suffix, that does change things a bit. Although if it is only on a named item from epic elite I think the feat would still be a 'must have' for most characters. But yes, if it is also available on random loot or is otherwise 'gettable' by people that don't grind EE then I would agree that makes the feat a lot less of a 'must have'.
    Even Speed XIV from Epic Hard is only 1% melee alacrity less than the feat. I didn't search the lamy auction house for speed items, but the other new effects like the new Stunning VI effects were showing up on lootgen, so its possible that Speed will also.

The goatskin boots are also BTCOE so they will be on the shard exchange for outrageous prices most likely.
    Last edited by TPICKRELL; 08-01-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    Edit: also Haste was changed. They dropped the 1 reflex and changed it to 1 dodge
    It was my understanding that it was the +1 AC from haste that changed to dodge, with the +1 reflex same as it ever was. I'd completely forgotten about the AC/dodge component of haste until you reminded me, but I could swear I saw a thread about it explaining that the AC changed to dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    It was my understanding that it was the +1 AC from haste that changed to dodge, with the +1 reflex same as it ever was. I'd completely forgotten about the AC/dodge component of haste until you reminded me, but I could swear I saw a thread about it explaining that the AC changed to dodge.
    You are correct. I posted bad info. Haste swapped the +1 AC for 1% Dodge. I looked at the tool tip tonight and +1 to reflex is specifically called out and working. Sorry for the miss-information
    Last edited by Atremus; 08-02-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Community Member

More feats are always good since we get more choices and different builds. With that said, I was really hoping that the Great Smiting feat would be added to the game.

And as stated elsewhere, I don't know why the new non-ED feats are level 27 when they should really be available for players at level 21.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast