Community Member

Default Dumb question about the cove Eternal Flasks

So, this might be a dumb question, but I have been really examining the healing Eternal Flask from the Cove. It seems extremely expensive to me for what it provides. I could make every version of one of the other cove items to the max for the cost that this item has. I guess the highest version of the flask seems good as it is heal every 5 minutes. However, I only have a level 10 character and would get a cure serious wound potion for an extreme amount of cove items.

Am I missing something or being dense on how elite this item is?

Community Member

Nope, you're right, it's pretty awful.

Community Member

Agreed, it's very much an item for the Cove-lovers to have something to grind for.

Being a Cove-lover, I am in fact grinding for one.

But only one, despite playing on more than one server!

I made one for my challenge farmer monk who has no blue bar to self-heal with. He stays at 15 forever, so the maxed flask is pretty sweet for him. I don't see a lot of other utility from the flask outside of a niche purpose like that since it doesn't heal enough hp to matter in epic levels.

It gets my monk just shy of 200 hp back, and he has 10*10*10*10*10*10 = 1.77% healing amp. I don't see it doing much for an epic level horc barb regardless how much amp gear he wears, for example.

Community Member

Default meh

I made one last time crystal cove was around and am not super impressed with it. I have a human barbarian mutt (12 barb/6 ranger/2 rogue) with all the human healing amp points taken, as well as some healing amp on my dragonscale armor and it heals me for 177 (if I have the house J ship buff active, otherwise i think it's 160). It was kind of nice as I was leveling, but now I'm 22 and the 177 just doesn't do much for a player with over 800 hp. If you can get your hand on silver flame pots, it makes the flask even less useful in my opinion.

The most useful feature on it is to remove a negative level, but even then, it only does 1 negative level so limited usefulness there too.

Conclusion: it costs waaaaay more than it's worth. Last time crystal cove was out, my wife and I had the perfect duo to farm stuff like mad; I had so many gems I didn't know what to do with them. I'd say that is the only way to justify making one..actually grinding for one is not worth it.

Maybe if you're playing a low hp, first life ranger/rogue/sorc it'd come in handy but that's about the only situation I see it being worth the work.

PS: the flask of rum is on the same cooldown timer as the endless heroism pot that was a reward option from the last birthday event, for what it's worth.