Default Epic Named Shuriken?

Please Devs. With the changes to throwing weapons for Drow, Halflings and Ninja Spy being on the verge to be viable weapons in the new Enhancement system it would be really awesome if we could get a cool epic named shuriken and other named throwing weapons at last.

Also please consider to add a higher chance for finding random returning throwing weapons to the loot tables at all levels.
    Last edited by Firewall; 07-29-2013 at 10:17 PM.
    Shuricannon 2.0 Drow 20 Monk Thrower for DPS, Nethercannon Shadar-Kai 15 Pal/3 Monk/2 Rog Thrower for Past Lifes
    Shiradi Shuricannon Drow 20 Monk Thrower for Defense, Shiradi Warcannon Warforged 11 Wiz/6 Monk/3 Rog Thrower...Throwers for the win

It would be nice, be nicer if they added an enhancement that allowed shurikens to bypass DR as well.

You could be like crazy ol me, farmed 10 commyrian shuriken and farmed the mats for 10 more shuriken, but waiting to see if they add a level 28 shuriken to the commyrian vendor. Will probably farm the mats for 20 more shuriken seeing there isn't much else to do on live.

I did finally get a level drain shuriken, and a few random metal property ones, but nothing good. No silver and good shuriken yet or the like. I don't think commyrian shuriken can have metaline or aligned which kinda sucks. DR and poison immune mobs really kill thrower dps.

P.S. hey I'm on thelanis too! Could farm the 3 challenges together. I can 5 star all 3 on lvl 28 version. Some added dps be nice.

P.P.S. since i found the vast majority of shuriken dps to come from poison and shiradi, I did toy with the idea of a shiradi cast who mixes shurikens with magic missiles (since shiradi profs from spells are triple strength or more due to spellpower when compared to range) but I still couldn't find a good build. I wish they made spellpower effect ranged shiradi, but I know they never will.
    Last edited by Delacroix21; 07-29-2013 at 11:46 PM.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

It's not only DR that is a problem but it's also incredibly hard to find a shuriken with banishing, disruption, smiting or vorpal on it. Never seen one with metalline either and you cannot craft any of it by cannith crafting.
    Shuricannon 2.0 Drow 20 Monk Thrower for DPS, Nethercannon Shadar-Kai 15 Pal/3 Monk/2 Rog Thrower for Past Lifes
    Shiradi Shuricannon Drow 20 Monk Thrower for Defense, Shiradi Warcannon Warforged 11 Wiz/6 Monk/3 Rog Thrower...Throwers for the win

Community Member

I doubt the Devs will be making any other named thrown weapons besides the Epic Noxious Fang.

With that said, if you want a thrown weapon that has metal properties and a possibility of getting a good damage properties on them, then you'll have to run the Eveningstar Challenges. It's really the only way of getting a decent Epic thrown weapon in the game.

As an Aside, I've yet to see a single randomly generated Epic Quarterstaff with metal properties drop in the game. The only way to get a quarterstaff with metal properties on it is from a rare drop in the end of a chain reward. So staff users have a bit of a similar problem. The main difference between the Staff users and thrown weapon users is that there's not a single prestige designed around a thrown weapon in the game, as thrown weapon users are currently more flavor than purposely designed/built.

This would rock. Please give us a epic Star.

Keen
    Good base number
    Spell touched
    Proc's Ten Thousand Stars

I have a spell touched ML24 from the Eveningstar challenges. I would love to find or build an epic star to replace it. And yes Spell Touched is very freaking cool.
    Last edited by Atremus; 08-01-2013 at 08:27 PM.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

/signed

Please give us AT LEAST one epic shuriken ... though the more the better
    Argonessen (mains):
    Myriellah (Stargazer II), Xryn (Pale Master), Ryaleen (Air Savant), Mayeena (Assassin)
    Leader and founder of the ShadowThieves guild

Community Member

Actually the ranged weapons from Commyrian CAN be aligned. Never have seen metaline though.

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    It would be nice, be nicer if they added an enhancement that allowed shurikens to bypass DR as well.

You could be like crazy ol me, farmed 10 commyrian shuriken and farmed the mats for 10 more shuriken, but waiting to see if they add a level 28 shuriken to the commyrian vendor. Will probably farm the mats for 20 more shuriken seeing there isn't much else to do on live.

I did finally get a level drain shuriken, and a few random metal property ones, but nothing good. No silver and good shuriken yet or the like. I don't think commyrian shuriken can have metaline or aligned which kinda sucks. DR and poison immune mobs really kill thrower dps.

P.S. hey I'm on thelanis too! Could farm the 3 challenges together. I can 5 star all 3 on lvl 28 version. Some added dps be nice.

P.P.S. since i found the vast majority of shuriken dps to come from poison and shiradi, I did toy with the idea of a shiradi cast who mixes shurikens with magic missiles (since shiradi profs from spells are triple strength or more due to spellpower when compared to range) but I still couldn't find a good build. I wish they made spellpower effect ranged shiradi, but I know they never will.
    RTFM on Khyber, Toy Soldiers.

Toy Soldiers PD Roll Builds Guild on Wayfinder.

I got super exta lucky when I crafted mine. It was the second try.

But please an epic Shuriken would be sweet now that Violence Begets violence does neat things with crit range
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firewall View Post
    Please Devs. With the changes to throwing weapons for Drow, Halflings and Ninja Spy being on the verge to be viable weapons in the new Enhancement system it would be really awesome if we could get a cool epic named shuriken and other named throwing weapons at last.

Also please consider to add a higher chance for finding random returning throwing weapons to the loot tables at all levels.
    Wish granted.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ave-Waited-For

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    You could be like crazy ol me, farmed 10 commyrian shuriken and farmed the mats for 10 more shuriken, but waiting to see if they add a level 28 shuriken to the commyrian vendor.
    You will be waiting until servers are turned off then, as they stated they're not increasing any challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    This would rock. Please give us a epic Star.

Keen
    Good base number
    Spell touched
    Proc's Ten Thousand Stars

I have a spell touched ML24 from the Eveningstar challenges. I would love to find or build an epic star to replace it. And yes Spell Touched is very freaking cool.
    You mean SpellPlague?

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.