Default im confused general discusion, splain please ^_^

can you use the resilience stance with others like power attack?

I only ask because precision states:

"This stance is exclusive with Combat Expertise and Power Attack, you can only have one of the three active at one time"

does this mean you could have resilience active with any of these.
    simple yes or know explanation would be great ^_^

thanks GD

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdragoon View Post

"This stance is exclusive with Combat Expertise and Power Attack, you can only have one of the three active at one time"

thanks GD
    Exclusive means that you can't use it with the other stances like Combat Expertise and Power Attack. As it says, you can only have one of the three active.

So no, you can't have it active with Combat Expertise or Power Attack.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Exclusive means that you can't use it with the other stances like Combat Expertise and Power Attack. As it says, you can only have one of the three active.

So no, you can't have it active with Combat Expertise or Power Attack.
    I think you may have jumped the gun a bit on this. Their confusion isn't because they don't understand what "Exclusive" means. They are confused because Precision, Combat Expertise and Power Attack mention a total of THREE exclusive stances, and yet PRECISION would make it 4 unique "Exclusive" stances.

Just a case of poor description editing on Turbines part when it comes to trying to explain how their minds decided things should work.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSlick79 View Post
    I think you may have jumped the gun a bit on this. Their confusion isn't because they don't understand what "Exclusive" means. They are confused because Precision, Combat Expertise and Power Attack mention a total of THREE exclusive stances, and yet PRECISION would make it 4 unique "Exclusive" stances.

Just a case of poor description editing on Turbines part when it comes to trying to explain how their minds decided things should work.
    I see your point, but that doesn't = jumping the gun. That = a description not being inclusive of all possible issues.

Nonetheless, "exclusive" still means that it will not work with other stances - no matter how many of them there are.

Community Member

Agreed. Since Resilience is a stance, it is exclusive from the other stances.

So, no.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Agreed. Since Resilience is a stance, it is exclusive from the other stances.
    Or perhaps more accurately: Resiliance is a combat stance, as are Power Attack, etc. You can only have one combat stance active at once.
    There are other kinds of stances you can have active simultaneously: monk or ranged stances, for example. So a character could have Precision (combat), Improved Precise Shot (ranged), and Wind (monk) stances all active simultaneously.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    I see your point, but that doesn't = jumping the gun. That = a description not being inclusive of all possible issues.

Nonetheless, "exclusive" still means that it will not work with other stances - no matter how many of them there are.
    Of course. I never said you were wrong. You are in fact, right. And I was never intending to suggest they work any differently. Just, you answered his question while kinda talking down to him. His confusion arose, understandably, from poor text. I mean, you started your explanation with "Exclusive means" ignoring the entire basis of his confusion.

And I just can't let you do that HAL.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Urist View Post
    Or perhaps more accurately: Resiliance is a combat stance, as are Power Attack, etc. You can only have one combat stance active at once.
    There are other kinds of stances you can have active simultaneously: monk or ranged stances, for example. So a character could have Precision (combat), Improved Precise Shot (ranged), and Wind (monk) stances all active simultaneously.
    The best kind of semantics, the kind with a point. : ) Well put.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdragoon View Post

thanks GD
    The simplest way to figure out if you can use Power Attack with another stance is to check whether that stance is an offensive or defensive combat stance. If it is either of those, then it will be exclusive of other combat stances, such as Combat Expertise, Power Attack, and Precision.

However, it is important to note that there are other types of stances, such as a Ranged Combat Stance (Archer's Focus, Improved Precise Shot) and others. Whenever a stance shares the same type as another stance, it will be a situation where you have to choose between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    The simplest way to figure out if you can use Power Attack with another stance is to check whether that stance is an offensive or defensive combat stance. If it is either of those, then it will be exclusive of other combat stances, such as Combat Expertise, Power Attack, and Precision.

However, it is important to note that there are other types of stances, such as a Ranged Combat Stance (Archer's Focus, Improved Precise Shot) and others. Whenever a stance shares the same type as another stance, it will be a situation where you have to choose between them.
    Actually, the easiest way would be to just check the wiki.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Stance
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSlick79 View Post
    Of course. I never said you were wrong. You are in fact, right. And I was never intending to suggest they work any differently. Just, you answered his question while kinda talking down to him. His confusion arose, understandably, from poor text. I mean, you started your explanation with "Exclusive means" ignoring the entire basis of his confusion.

And I just can't let you do that HAL.
    I was meaning to be clear, not "talking down". There are many people on these forums whose first language is not English, that is why I was trying to be very clear.

But you are correct that I missed his point.