Default Masteful Craftsmanship no longer affects challenge gear?

My level 15 challenge farmer monk can no longer equip any of his ML16 challenge gear that had been lowered to ML14 w/Masterful; they all now say ML16. (Frozen tunic, bracers of wind, ring of the stalker and spare hand.)

Is this an intentional change? We can no longer reduce challenge gear ML with Masterful Craftsmanship?

Might be a side effect of the masterful change to random items replacing race restricted.

Even so, I have 5 Tier 3 cannith items on my caster for the -2 level reason, and this would suck..

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Default Bump -- response from FoS please & thanks

Bump -- response from FoS please & thanks. I can copy over a toon & check on this 1 master arty ring he has. I made a challenge farmer and he needs his

tier 3 master arty ring. This would NOT be appreciated. Asking nicely/sincerely/politely a response please if wai or not? What are the goals/intent/vision behind this?

Please & thanks in advance! Cheers! :P! !
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    My level 15 challenge farmer monk can no longer equip any of his ML16 challenge gear that had been lowered to ML14 w/Masterful; they all now say ML16. (Frozen tunic, bracers of wind, ring of the stalker and spare hand.)

Is this an intentional change? We can no longer reduce challenge gear ML with Masterful Craftsmanship?
    Have you tried reapplying the Masterful craftsmanship?
    You'll bend to my will - With or without your precious sanity.

Neilus Soul of the Phoenix - Completionist - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Everyone who is more effective than me is OP, and should be nerfed.
    Everyone who has more stuff than me cheated to get it, and should be punished.
    Everyone who plays differently to me is a bad person, and should be mistreated.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatneil View Post
    Is that the DDO version of "Did you try turning it off and back on again?"

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatneil View Post
    No I didn't; that's a good thought. I'll copy over my crafter and give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by whereispowderedsilve View Post
    Bump -- response from FoS please & thanks. I can copy over a toon & check on this 1 master arty ring he has. I made a challenge farmer and he needs his

tier 3 master arty ring. This would NOT be appreciated. Asking nicely/sincerely/politely a response please if wai or not? What are the goals/intent/vision behind this?

Please & thanks in advance! Cheers! :P! !
    It seems to me that the intent is too make all items before this update next to useless, so you now have to start again. Thats all i can think of with all the item changes, Risia item level changes (If you have the old icey burst your item gains levels), all items that use to be level 0 that are bound to account (now all have levels), loot gen augment items next to useless. PLEASE think about this, you are making alot of players very unhappy. Im really starting think that they want alot of players to leave the game.
    Last edited by SirShen; 08-01-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    It seems to me that the intent is too make all items before this update next to useless, so you now have to start again. Thats all i can think of with all the item changes, Risia item level changes (If you have the old icey burst your item gains levels), all items that use to be level 0 that are bound to account (now all have levels), loot gen augment items next to useless. PLEASE think about this, you are making alot of players very unhappy. Im really starting think that they want alot of players to leave the game.
    This is more a unintended consequence of a change to loot - and due to it the lore is screwed up on challenge loot and now how masterful is applied to these named gear.

I hope it's not released this way because I'm tired of finding these problems early just to see an entire Lam preview go by without any changes and fixes and then released in a broken stage.

Meanwhile we get useless 'fixes' to how hidden stuff is discovered which causes more stuff to break - and the important stuff get shuffled down the line to the 'next update' along with another money grabbing new feature.

Yes - it's a jaded reply but I'm tired of broken things and fixes to stuff we never asked for. If it ain't broken don't fix it. With this I will have tons of low ML twink gear and tons of challenge stuff borked - lots of time wasted running, pulling and saving for absolutely no reason what so ever.

I had a ring of the stalker lv12 that I had put MCI on - it reverted to ml12 - so I deconstructed it (for the item) and reapplied. worked great, and hasn't reverted to 12 again (yet)

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    I had a ring of the stalker lv12 that I had put MCI on - it reverted to ml12 - so I deconstructed it (for the item) and reapplied. worked great, and hasn't reverted to 12 again (yet)
    Great tip, thanks! I'll have to try that.

Didn't work for me. I disjuncted and re-applied masterful but no luck. Then I tried disjuncting, closing and restarting client and then applying masterful, and still no joy. So I just went ahead and took 16.