Default Thinking of coming back?

So my life is not as extreme as it has been for the past 2 years. I may actually have some time to play. I've kept my sub active the whole time.
    I took a few minutes to browse the forums (OMG major changes in appearance) trying to get a sense of the drift that the game has taken.

Well I'm Frackin clueless!

I don't know if my main(do we still have mains and alts) a warforged Barbarian is even viable to get off Korthos (is Korthos still there?) Folks talking about Epic gears, rare drops, needed items and having to TR at least 3 times to be viable at end game! what are free roaming hirelings? what are enchantedments?

Is the game still fun for the casual adventurer who wants to play a couple of times a week at most? So are we still in Stormreach? another continent? perhaps a different planet?

Sarlona Guild of the Black Dragon
    Egrofraw, Eighttrack, Fearstryker, Foecleaver, Ferricgnome, Rustoleum, SoPretty

wow spent some for time browsing forums while game updates 6892 updates to go! I guess i even posted n the wrong place sorry. Any helpful DEV out there wants to move this and the original post feel free. After reading what I have so far I think I go back to watching netflix!

Sarlona Guild of the Black Dragon
    Egrofraw, Eighttrack, Fearstryker, Foecleaver, Ferricgnome, Rustoleum, SoPretty

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by baylensman View Post
    wow spent some for time browsing forums while game updates 6892 updates to go! I guess i even posted n the wrong place sorry. Any helpful DEV out there wants to move this and the original post feel free. After reading what I have so far I think I go back to watching netflix!
    Netflix bad, DDO good! It really is still a great game. About your past life comment: some casters think they are necessary for DCs, but melees shouldn't need a ton if any. The level 20+ game gives you epic destinies now which will make you powerful enough for any content. I see you are on Sarlona. My two chars are there. Lexey (level 22 monk who TRs) and Tessell (level 14 rogue who will sit at cap when there).