Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 72
  1. #21
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The problem with answering these kind of questions is that some folks (not saying you in particular) don't really want reassurance or information, they simply want fuel to throw back at you both now and in the future. However, I'd say that my playstyle habits have not changed significantly over the years, and there is probably something like 500+hours of me discussing my experience playing DDO available online.

    I do not exploit or cheat, I can say that for sure. I also do not have maxed out all Epic Destinies per character, again, largely due to the impact having a baby (now infant) child has on one's free time. I solo a bit more nowadays than I used to, but still group often, and am generally less concerned with achieving max XP/minute than some folks. On the enhancement pass, I'm about as concerned about it as I was during the first enhancement pass, which is to say not very much. I'm sure it will have a mostly positive impact on my characters, and I'll adapt and find new ways to work with any changes that I feel are necessary to take due to things that I deem less favorable.
    Diplomatic answer, release the angry mob anyways.

  2. #22
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The problem with answering these kind of questions is that some folks (not saying you in particular) don't really want reassurance or information, they simply want fuel to throw back at you both now and in the future. However, I'd say that my playstyle habits have not changed significantly over the years, and there is probably something like 500+hours of me discussing my experience playing DDO available online.

    I do not exploit or cheat, I can say that for sure. I also do not have maxed out all Epic Destinies per character, again, largely due to the impact having a baby (now infant) child has on one's free time. I solo a bit more nowadays than I used to, but still group often, and am generally less concerned with achieving max XP/minute than some folks. On the enhancement pass, I'm about as concerned about it as I was during the first enhancement pass, which is to say not very much. I'm sure it will have a mostly positive impact on my characters, and I'll adapt and find new ways to work with any changes that I feel are necessary to take due to things that I deem less favorable.
    Good answer.

    Curious, have you completed EE FoT on live mixed in with a group of "civilians"

  3. #23
    Developer Vargouille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Flying overhead
    Posts
    1,756

    Default

    Most of the developers working on enhancements have at least one TR. At least one is on life six or seven, if I recall. I don't think we have any completionists.

    We don't cheat when playing for real on live servers. We never use a "kill everything" command, at least none that you guys don't have access to. (We do cheat like mad when testing our work on private internal servers, but that's because we want to work faster. Most days you couldn't even call it "playing".)

    I'm more of an altaholic. I have a TR and some epic characters, but then there's this other build I want to try out...

    Also, most of my game time is pugging.
    Last edited by Vargouille; 07-29-2013 at 06:44 PM.

  4. #24
    Community Member barecm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    2,895

    Default

    It is for certain that they play. My question is what are their "main" toons. I will bet that none have a ranged ranger as their main... just a wild guess.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

  5. #25
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Most of the developers working on enhancements have at least one TR. At least one is on life six or seven, if I recall. I don't think we have any completionists.

    We don't cheat when playing for real on live servers. We never use a "kill everything" command, at least none that you guys don't have access to. (We do cheat like mad when testing our work on private internal servers, but that's because we want to work faster. Most days you couldn't even call it "playing".)

    I'm more of an altaholic. I have a TR and some epic characters, but then there's this other build I want to try out...

    Also, most of my game time is pugging.
    How many of you have capped your eds?
    Does this dev play the game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Actually it was a Senior Producer who made the post. And I went back and forth with him on Twitter and he was quite smug about things even after 40-50 pages of the thread. Like the numbers of people who have capped all the destines. It shows the disconnect between those who make decisions and the player-base.


  6. #26
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    6,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The problem with answering these kind of questions is that some folks (not saying you in particular) don't really want reassurance or information, they simply want fuel to throw back at you both now and in the future. However, I'd say that my playstyle habits have not changed significantly over the years, and there is probably something like 500+hours of me discussing my experience playing DDO available online.

    I do not exploit or cheat, I can say that for sure. I also do not have maxed out all Epic Destinies per character, again, largely due to the impact having a baby (now infant) child has on one's free time. I solo a bit more nowadays than I used to, but still group often, and am generally less concerned with achieving max XP/minute than some folks. On the enhancement pass, I'm about as concerned about it as I was during the first enhancement pass, which is to say not very much. I'm sure it will have a mostly positive impact on my characters, and I'll adapt and find new ways to work with any changes that I feel are necessary to take due to things that I deem less favorable.
    The most important question:

    which server(s) you play on?

  7. #27
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Most of the developers working on enhancements have at least one TR. At least one is on life six or seven, if I recall. I don't think we have any completionists.

    We don't cheat when playing for real on live servers. We never use a "kill everything" command, at least none that you guys don't have access to. (We do cheat like mad when testing our work on private internal servers, but that's because we want to work faster. Most days you couldn't even call it "playing".)

    I'm more of an altaholic. I have a TR and some epic characters, but then there's this other build I want to try out...

    Also, most of my game time is pugging.
    I'm curious on this, lets call your dev time command ability killall for ease of the conversation.

    A kill all command would let you test if a door opens when a mob dies for example, but it doesn't really allow for you to get the feel for how fast the quest can move with a good or bad group, how tough the fight is, if the saves are set appropriately, etc.

    Part of the problem in dev conversations is it feels like all you guys play is your "dev time" accounts on testing builds because of some of the (what seems to us) nonsensical decisions you've made. There have been a lot of examples of this lately:

    Wiping ED xp on heroic tr
    Secret Door changes
    Parts of the XP pass (don't want to say more because of nda)
    Protection Tree
    Alpha versions of pally and ranger not getting devotion, I'd add to this animal form druids still haven't gotten any last I've seen

    and finally eegh saves.

    You put the eegh saves to the point where taking a non shiradi arcane is always a worse choice than another melee blitzer or fotw. There are people that put a lot of work into their dc casters to run them at the highest level and now dc casting is basically a gimp build at the highest levels.


    All of this leads to the impression that the dev's don't play the game at all except on killall dev accounts. It may be that it's just your bosses that don't play and you don't really have any say in the matter about any of it. But that is the impression you've given to the playerbase the last six months ish especially.

  8. #28
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Also, most of my game time is pugging.
    I so feel your pain.

  9. #29
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    It is for certain that they play. My question is what are their "main" toons. I will bet that none have a ranged ranger as their main... just a wild guess.
    LOL - they all play monks

  10. #30
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    LOL - they all play monks
    Handwraps would be fixed if that was true.

  11. #31
    Community Member AbyssalMage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    Dang it...both dev responses have me befuddled. I could of swore they didn't play by the content being released sense U15.

    Well, I can take solace in knowing there are probably more than 2 dev's at Turbine and 2/100 is a horrible percentage. Before you know it, all 100 developers (janitors included) will be posting to this forum.

    I am crawling back under my rock

    p.s. Thanks for the feedback dev's. I do appreciate the forum posting in General and New Player as well as the other sub-groups you monitor.

  12. #32
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    Dang it...both dev responses have me befuddled. I could of swore they didn't play by the content being released sense U15.

    Well, I can take solace in knowing there are probably more than 2 dev's at Turbine and 2/100 is a horrible percentage. Before you know it, all 100 developers (janitors included) will be posting to this forum.

    I am crawling back under my rock

    p.s. Thanks for the feedback dev's. I do appreciate the forum posting in General and New Player as well as the other sub-groups you monitor.
    To be fair this discussion probably needs some clarification, cordovan is an employee but he's a community something or another, I do think varg is an actual dev of some sort. Cordovan while he could probably start a conversation about something to one of the devs designing new content and systems doesn't actually design or work on them from my understanding. It's great that Cordovan plays, but his playing has very little to do with how it feels like the guys that do the design don't play. So in this thread I'd say you have 1 dev that's playing not two.

  13. #33
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Most of the developers working on enhancements have at least one TR. At least one is on life six or seven, if I recall. I don't think we have any completionists.

    We don't cheat when playing for real on live servers. We never use a "kill everything" command, at least none that you guys don't have access to. (We do cheat like mad when testing our work on private internal servers, but that's because we want to work faster. Most days you couldn't even call it "playing".)

    I'm more of an altaholic. I have a TR and some epic characters, but then there's this other build I want to try out...

    Also, most of my game time is pugging.
    When was the last time you played?
    Do the devs that make most of the changes play monthly?

  14. #34
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Hey Turbine staff, seeming (at least some of) you play, do you play at an epic elite level?

  15. #35
    Hero
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Does this dev play the game?
    He's actually not a developer, he's a Senior Producer. Basically (maybe not directly) their boss.
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 07-29-2013 at 11:26 PM.

  16. #36
    Founder Delacroix21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Newport Beach, Ca
    Posts
    1,801

    Default Please try EE

    EE is tough as mobs have a ton of HPs and hit like a truck (as they should) the problem however is the mobs saves are insane, leading to the mantra "that if it has a DC, it won't work in EE".


    Can we please reduce the saves of EE mobs to reasonable values?
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

    Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

  17. #37
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Just a moment of pause... not only did a dev respond, but two devs have responded. To me, that at least means they are listening to us. What they can do is limited to what they can do. They are devs. They do not own, nor do they run to company. They do what they can do, I believe, to make this a better game for all of us. No, they most likely do not have capped toons on every server. They have lives beyond this game. The sad fact is that the vets who log into this forum DEMAND that every dev have at least one capped toon with every capped ED with all twists on every server out there.

    Ladies and gentle folk... this is a very large game. It is convoluted mess of code that, in all reality, probably shouldn't function at all. The games funding is probably nil, since we are not much of a revenue source... I mean seriously, Warner Brothers owns the game. We aren't even a blip on their monthly charts. We're a fringe group of folks who they lose money on. No, I can not back up that statement with facts or numbers... but good lord, get a grip of yourself. It's Warner Brothers. We're D&D (sort of). We are not enough of a revenue source to even put the gas into one of these devs tanks. They keep the game around because it has a strong fan base that is willing to pay money with the potential to someday reap some benefit.

    I'm a VIP player. I pay my monthly dues, every single month for one reason, and one reason only. I love this game. I don't give a rats ass about what perks I might get. That is icing on the awesome cake I already have, and that is this game. The cold hard truth is that this game can be gone in an instant. The very moment that those on high decide that we are more of a loss than they can bear, the game will be gone.

    We have two ways to communicate with those who decide to hear us. The devs, who obviously hear, but are limited to what they can do, and our wallets. Griping to devs can help, if worded like a civil human being. Closing our wallets ends the game.

    Just a moment of pause. The griping and bickering can now continue.

  18. #38
    Community Member ThePrisoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    When was the last time you played?
    Do the devs that make most of the changes play monthly?
    When did the rhetorical question that started this thread turn into a real question? Are we still pretending to make a point after the dev responses?

  19. #39
    Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    When was the last time you played?
    Do the devs that make most of the changes play monthly?
    How has the rhetorical question that started this thread been turned into a real question?

    Also, don't let the dev responses that contradict your assumptions dissuade you from continuing to try to make your point. Keep at it.

    DDO community, you are a never-ending source of facepalm worthy material.

  20. #40
    Community Member rjbutchko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post

    •Are you one of the 8 players with a toon that has maxed all destanies, and if so, would the proposed wiping of all that destiny xp prevent you from further TRing that character? Why or why not?
    Only 8 people in the game have maxed destinies? WOOT!!! I'm one of them!!! Now we just need four more of you slackers to max out your EDs as well so we can raid!!!
    Dontbleed----Velvetelvis----Bleedout----Whatsina
    Synergia
    Argo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload