Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    He says it's only 8?

Let see if we can find them please feel free to add yourself to the list.
    1. Quijonn Dragonfist, Ghallanda
    2. Preppe, Argonesson
    In red

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Does turbine staff play the game?
    I know Cordovan does occasional (maybe more I'm not sure) as he's posted on twitter a few time about running the Shroud. And I vaguely remember one developer mentioning that once upon a time one developer had TR'ed once. That's all I know.

He says it's only 8?

Let see if we can find them Please feel free to add yourself to the list. Don't add others to the list, and only add yourself if you have totally maxed out every ED, not just got them to the last dot that counts for Fate Points, but properly "capped" every ED:

3 of my little trolls have max EDs. Why you slacking so much only having it done on one toon?

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    3 of my little trolls have max EDs. Why you slacking so much only having it done on one toon?
    Made me think of

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Made me think of
    Oh hell yeah, anyone know how to make that an avatar?

Though I'm not sure I'm either "safe" or "non toxic."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    I know a guy with 8+ alts that are capped.
    That still only counts as one!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Quote-worthy...

80% of these forums are people freaking out over stuff that turns out to be nothing.
    Yeap, and that nothing, could have been something, which is their entire reason for "freaking out".

73.6% of all statistics are made up, on the spot. 65% of the time, it works, every time. /panther noise. .
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Yeap, and that nothing, could have been something, which is their entire reason for "freaking out".

73.6% of all statistics are made up, on the spot. 65% of the time, it works, every time. /panther noise. .
    1% of posters are double arm amputee's that type with their feet. It's true I read it on the internet. =P

Premature d0000m1 - 15 yard penalty - still second down.

DDO's not dead yet, they still have time to veer the ship away from the iceberg. I'm just hoping the new pilot can plot a good course.
    That "new course" looks like a clone interface from other MMOs. No raid? Repetition of down was an incomplete pass....now its third and long.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

He says it's only 8?

Let see if we can find them Please feel free to add yourself to the list. Don't add others to the list, and only add yourself if you have totally maxed out every ED, not just got them to the last dot that counts for Fate Points, but properly "capped" every ED:

2. Preppe, Argonesson
    3. BgNasty, Sarlona
    Added Nasty to the list (fully capped destinies and currently in the middle of life 22)

While I would love to be certain that they won't make a decision detrimental to the health of the game, they've simply made too many of those for me to preclude the possibility. If they do go forward with a "loose your edxp plan" I'll just turn to a character (probably my monk) that only has one full destiny, plus a few ranks in another. My multi TR cleric will be done before U20 hits, and 2 build points + a destiny pastlife won't be enough carrot to re-earn all the destinies that built up while TRing. That, or set sail for Shadow Run, idk yet.

It does seem odd that a company would make decisions that are more offensive to the xp pot/timer by-pass purchasing "I'll buy as many short cuts to power as I can" money spenders than the less financially invested players such as myself.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    If anything, the only reason to scramble to TR right now is to level up a character to ~15, while the XP curve is still top-loaded, and then cruise to 20 in a couple weeks when the curve is smoothed.
    That's proposed for U20, so a couple months not weeks

Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post
    Anyway the other concern is how anti-player any potential repeat penalty changes are. It sounds like while players requested a mechanism to ease off penalty after some time (and almost exclusively aimed at repeat penalties in "epic" levels), Turbine decided to drastically increase the accumulation of the penalty at the same time even during heroic levels, which is unnecessary and hadn't been requested by anyone.
    While I agree the accelerated quest rep penalties were never asked for, there not nearly as "anti-player" as an accross the board edxp wipe upon TRing. They're quest-farmer sure, but everyone who already runs a variety of content gets an xp buff from the proposed system via the "first run of the day" bonus. In other words, that's a change that will actually benefit some percentage of players.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Founder

Is he really that poorly informed?

This guy's not on DDO anymore, right? Seriously having an executive this clueless is hazardous to the health of the company.
    He is still around. A recent podcast of Tolero said that she and Glin would be at GenCon representing DDO.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    While I agree the accelerated quest rep penalties were never asked for, there not nearly as "anti-player" as an accross the board edxp wipe upon TRing. They're quest-farmer sure, but everyone who already runs a variety of content gets an xp buff from the proposed system via the "first run of the day" bonus. In other words, that's a change that will actually benefit some percentage of players.
    Increased accumulation of penalty is either a negative or a neutral (for players who never run a quest more than 2-3 times, lets say). It benefits no players, was requested by no players, and solves no problem that any players are having. Other changes may well be either positive (like this first run thing) or more negative (like xp wipes) but as for just the increased penalty accumulation, that is a pointless and anti-player change.

Community Member

He says it's only 8?

2. Alaeras, Thelanis. (Also have a guildie with two characters fully maxxed).
    Added

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Actually it was a Senior Producer who made the post. And I went back and forth with him on Twitter and he was quite smug about things even after 40-50 pages of the thread. Like the numbers of people who have capped all the destines. It shows the disconnect between those who make decisions and the player-base.

Certainly correct that it was 8 people at the time. Having only 20 million is irrelevant to them, because it's 22 that's the magic secret number, because it counts....

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    They've expanded the level cap with an expansion per year, have been releasing less and less raids with I believe only one or maybe none with the next proposed expansion for lotro (might be a little off, been a long time since I looked hard at it.) and have added in the timer bypasses which means that some farm the raids out within a week or two and then leave the game as they're bored. It's all the same problems endgame ddo is having. All this occurred while DDO's new pilot was the pilot for lotro.
    Very interesting. I think they need to be let go. A response like that on Twitter to your customers concerns is very off putting. Just attaining maximum twist fate points is enough, what is the difference, 10% of 20 million? What are his numbers on that?

Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post
    Increased accumulation of penalty is either a negative or a neutral (for players who never run a quest more than 2-3 times, lets say). It benefits no players, was requested by no players, and solves no problem that any players are having. Other changes may well be either positive (like this first run thing) or more negative (like xp wipes) but as for just the increased penalty accumulation, that is a pointless and anti-player change.
    Because the revised repetition penalty was presented as a package with the FRotD bonous, I addressed them as a package. Weather the package is an xp buff, nerf or break even is entirely dependent on your playstyle. The more you farm a smaller a selection of quests, the more it hurts. The more variety you already run, the more that FRotD +20% will mitigate the loss of farm-ability from other quests. Remember, under the proposed system (as we last saw it) any quest that was worth repeating until the -60 or 80% mark still will be, it'll just take less runs to get to that point. For anyone who doesn't farm, and only once & dones or only repeats on different difficulties but doesn't repeat the same difficulty, the package is a steighte xp buff.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

He says it's only 8?

2. Preppe, Argonesson
    3. BgNasty, Sarlona
    4. Alaeras, Thelanis. (Also have a guildie with two characters fully maxxed).
    5. mystery guildie - character 1
    6. mystery guildie - character 2
    7. Troll 1
    8. Troll 2
    9. Troll 3

EDIT: broke my own rule about not adding others, Troll is obviously too shy to tell us who he is ingame

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

You really don't want to know Could be working on some stuff and thinking about another triple completionist

But not grinding RB at cap to farm out ED's, that's for sure

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    For anyone who doesn't farm, and only once & dones or only repeats on different difficulties but doesn't repeat the same difficulty, the package is a steighte xp buff.
    Yes I get that. For those players the greatly increased penalty accumulation has no effect either way - no downside and no upside. But for the other players, the greatly increased penalty accumulation is a big negative with no upside whatsoever. It solves no problems and causes issues for a subset of players.

I don't care that it's "part of a package". It's a part that has no place in the package because it does nothing but aggravate one group of players while being of benefit to no players. If they revert that change, then the "package" doesn't aggravate anyone. I have yet to hear anyone defend that change on the basis that it makes the game more fun for players.

He says it's only 8?

2. Preppe, Argonesson
    3. BgNasty, Sarlona
    4. Alaeras, Thelanis. (Also have a guildie with two characters fully maxxed).
    5. mystery guildie - character 1
    6. mystery guildie - character 2
    7. Troll 1
    8. Troll 2
    9. Troll 3

EDIT: broke my own rule about not adding others, Troll is obviously too shy to tell us who he is ingame
    After tonight, Thwaak from Sarlona will be there. I banged out 8 destinies from no dots into level 5 to maxed last night (already had the main one I play capped) and plan on finishing the remaining two tonight. It will go about 15% slower, but should still get done.

And, as far as not adding others to the list, I personally know a guy who has at least 5 alts (probably more, he's ridiculous) with maxed destinies. Not all level 5. All maxed. Still counts as just 1 though, right?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast