Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 165
  1. #41
    Community Member NaturalHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Premature d0000m1 - 15 yard penalty - still second down.

    DDO's not dead yet, they still have time to veer the ship away from the iceberg. I'm just hoping the new pilot can plot a good course.
    I hope its a new pilot and hes no longer taking orders from the captain that thinks that the cruise ship only has 8 passengers.

  2. #42
    Community Member Atremus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Aegis
    Posts
    1,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Premature d0000m1 - 15 yard penalty - still second down.

    DDO's not dead yet, they still have time to veer the ship away from the iceberg. I'm just hoping the new pilot can plot a good course.
    I am in the wait and see camp. But what I posted will happen.

    I.E i just ground out 6 million EpiXp and now I am bored
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

    “A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

  3. #43
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Premature d0000m1 - 15 yard penalty - still second down.

    DDO's not dead yet, they still have time to veer the ship away from the iceberg. I'm just hoping the new pilot can plot a good course.
    The new pilot had lotro pointed at ddo's iceberg before they left lotro and came here.

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...sue-Raid-Locks

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...-next-6-months

  4. #44
    Hero
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    3,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    I hope its a new pilot and hes no longer taking orders from the captain that thinks that the cruise ship only has 8 passengers.
    But we only have 2 life vests...and for his loyalty Thrudh automatically gets one.

  5. #45
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    But we only have 2 life vests...and for his loyalty Thrudh automatically gets one.
    The people in charge don't need life vests, they have golden parachutes.

  6. #46
    Hero
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    3,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    The new pilot had lotro pointed at ddo's iceberg before they left lotro and came here.

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...sue-Raid-Locks

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...-next-6-months
    For someone who's not very well versed in LOTR, can you briefly explain what I am looking at in those links? I think it's the similarities of gaining levels but not really expanding "end game content" (raids specifically) to match.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    The people in charge don't need life vests, they have golden parachutes.
    They have the life boats that row straight to the Infinite Crisis front door.

  7. #47
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    But we only have 2 life vests...and for his loyalty Thrudh automatically gets one.
    +1

  8. #48
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,031

    Default

    I'm confused why everyone's scrambling to TR right now?

    IIRC from the original Epic TR dev thread, Heroic TR was going to remain unchanged - so if you're worried about your Heroic PLs, then nothing is going to be different even under the Epic TR system originally proposed. You should still be able to Heroic TR and keep your Epic Destinies intact. Its only when you Epic TR that you wipe EDs.

    If anything, the only reason to scramble to TR right now is to level up a character to ~15, while the XP curve is still top-loaded, and then cruise to 20 in a couple weeks when the curve is smoothed.

  9. #49
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    For someone who's not very well versed in LOTR, can you briefly explain what I am looking at in those links? I think it's the similarities of gaining levels but not really expanding "end game content" (raids specifically) to match.

    They've expanded the level cap with an expansion per year, have been releasing less and less raids with I believe only one or maybe none with the next proposed expansion for lotro (might be a little off, been a long time since I looked hard at it.) and have added in the timer bypasses which means that some farm the raids out within a week or two and then leave the game as they're bored. It's all the same problems endgame ddo is having. All this occurred while DDO's new pilot was the pilot for lotro.
    They have the life boats that row straight to the Infinite Crisis front door.
    They go to QA? =P

  10. #50
    Community Member SilkofDrasnia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I'm confused why everyone's scrambling to TR right now?

    IIRC from the original Epic TR dev thread, Heroic TR was going to remain unchanged - so if you're worried about your Heroic PLs, then nothing is going to be different even under the Epic TR system originally proposed. You should still be able to Heroic TR and keep your Epic Destinies intact. Its only when you Epic TR that you wipe EDs.

    If anything, the only reason to scramble to TR right now is to level up a character to ~15, while the XP curve is still top-loaded, and then cruise to 20 in a couple weeks when the curve is smoothed.
    No under the TR process originally proposed ANY TR you did made you lose all epic destiny. They then after many complaints started looking at alternatives to what they originally intended but there has been no confirmation on how they will proceed.
    Last edited by SilkofDrasnia; 07-29-2013 at 01:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

  11. #51
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I'm confused why everyone's scrambling to TR right now?

    IIRC from the original Epic TR dev thread, Heroic TR was going to remain unchanged - so if you're worried about your Heroic PLs, then nothing is going to be different even under the Epic TR system originally proposed. You should still be able to Heroic TR and keep your Epic Destinies intact. Its only when you Epic TR that you wipe EDs.

    If anything, the only reason to scramble to TR right now is to level up a character to ~15, while the XP curve is still top-loaded, and then cruise to 20 in a couple weeks when the curve is smoothed.
    No the plan that they had was to wipe ed xp on a heroic tr and give you one heroic rank per ed rank wiped. They may have moved away from that plan but have not confirmed it.

  12. #52
    Hero
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    3,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    They've expanded the level cap with an expansion per year, have been releasing less and less raids with I believe only one or maybe none with the next proposed expansion for lotro (might be a little off, been a long time since I looked hard at it.) and have added in the timer bypasses which means that some farm the raids out within a week or two and then leave the game as they're bored. It's all the same problems endgame ddo is having. All this occurred while DDO's new pilot was the pilot for lotro.

    They go to QA? =P
    Ah, gotcha now thanks and:

    ZING!

  13. #53
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkofDrasnia View Post
    How is wanting more information anything like "senseless hand-wringing / scaremongering / panic"?
    Nothing wrong with wanting more information or asking for clarification. But "a feeling of a gun to the head"?

  14. #54
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I'm confused why everyone's scrambling to TR right now?

    IIRC from the original Epic TR dev thread, Heroic TR was going to remain unchanged - so if you're worried about your Heroic PLs, then nothing is going to be different even under the Epic TR system originally proposed. You should still be able to Heroic TR and keep your Epic Destinies intact. Its only when you Epic TR that you wipe EDs.

    If anything, the only reason to scramble to TR right now is to level up a character to ~15, while the XP curve is still top-loaded, and then cruise to 20 in a couple weeks when the curve is smoothed.
    Is that now a Turbine-confirmed plan for heroic TR or an assumption based on vague closing statements by the Turbine rep on their way out of that thread?

    Anyway the other concern is how anti-player any potential repeat penalty changes are. It sounds like while players requested a mechanism to ease off penalty after some time (and almost exclusively aimed at repeat penalties in "epic" levels), Turbine decided to drastically increase the accumulation of the penalty at the same time even during heroic levels, which is unnecessary and hadn't been requested by anyone.

  15. #55
    Community Member SilkofDrasnia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post
    Is that now a Turbine-confirmed plan for heroic TR or an assumption based on vague closing statements by the Turbine rep on their way out of that thread?

    Anyway the other concern is how anti-player any potential repeat penalty changes are. It sounds like while players requested a mechanism to ease off penalty after some time (and almost exclusively aimed at repeat penalties in "epic" levels), Turbine decided to drastically increase the accumulation of the penalty at the same time even during heroic levels, which is unnecessary and hadn't been requested by anyone.
    No nothing has been confirmed as far as I know, I think he is still confused
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

  16. #56
    Hero
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    3,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post
    Is that now a Turbine-confirmed plan for heroic TR or an assumption based on vague closing statements by the Turbine rep on their way out of that thread?

    Anyway the other concern is how anti-player any potential repeat penalty changes are. It sounds like while players requested a mechanism to ease off penalty after some time (and almost exclusively aimed at repeat penalties in "epic" levels), Turbine decided to drastically increase the accumulation of the penalty at the same time even during heroic levels, which is unnecessary and hadn't been requested by anyone.
    Nothing is confirmed, NOR denied yet. And that's the essence of this thread. To try to help people plan for the future. And the way it looks right now, where were going we don't need roads!

  17. #57
    Community Member SilkofDrasnia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Nothing wrong with wanting more information or asking for clarification. But "a feeling of a gun to the head"?
    Come now that is pretty easy going considering some of the threads in these forums, poetic license and all, nothing wrong with that and no reason to get upset about it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

  18. #58
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    But "a feeling of a gun to the head"?
    As i "must TR now" because in 2 updates Turbine is going to destroy TRing.

  19. #59
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Deadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from
    Posts
    4,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Actually it was a Senior Producer who made the post. And I went back and forth with him on Twitter and he was quite smug about things even after 40-50 pages of the thread. Like the numbers of people who have capped all the destines. It shows the disconnect between those who make decisions and the player-base.

    He says it's only 8?

    Let see if we can find them Please feel free to add yourself to the list. Don't add others to the list, and only add yourself if you have totally maxed out every ED, not just got them to the last dot that counts for Fate Points, but properly "capped" every ED:

    1. Quijonn Dragonfist, Ghallanda
    2.
    3.
    4.
    5.
    6.
    7
    8.

  20. #60
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Is he really that poorly informed?

    This guy's not on DDO anymore, right? Seriously having an executive this clueless is hazardous to the health of the company.
    Does turbine staff play the game?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload