Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    Am I reading that right? He thinks only 8 people have capped EDs? I know a guy with 8+ alts that are capped. I think this producer got transferred off the game thank goodness, but this is a serious level of misinformation for a senior staff member to have.
    Perhaps there are only 8 people that have utterly maxed out the XP on each ED?

I know for a fact that I've maxed out the possible fate points from EDs (lvl 5 in each desinty) on multiple characters, but that does not mean I've maxed out all EDs to the literal maxmimum xp value possible.

In either case, that is quite the disconnect of player reality.

nevermind

I'm not worried about it at all.

I long ago learned not to believe anything the devs say, good or bad.

I don't worry until its on Lamannia (which is just as good as live).

Life is too short and too many other games to play, to really get worked up and worried about this. If it happens people will leave and that's all the feedback Turbine will understand.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

I wonder how much they have made from sales of xp pots and such off those who are busy TRing like crazy hampsters?

Community Member

Look, I'm not a Turbine fanboi. I'm just a firm believer in never assuming that the people who run organizations are stupid unless they give me solid reason to believe they are.

Sure, they make some decisions I disagree with. But arbitrarily wiping out large swaths of XP without a reasonable benefit to compensate would simply make no sense, so I'm not going to worry about it until and unless it actually happens.

It's not like we haven't had lots of other freak-outs that turned out to be much ado about little.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Look, I'm not a Turbine fanboi. I'm just a firm believer in never assuming that the people who run organizations are stupid unless they give me solid reason to believe they are.
    they have given solid reasons on many many occasions.....
    Aceita - 22 life Monk Completionist -

Community Member

I don't think the devs will say anything more to us about epic tr until after the expansion is released.

They are busy with the new expansion, but they also don't want to encourage a mad rush of ED farming for the next 3 weeks That mad rush is occuring anyhow because of uncertainty about how the xp changes in U19 will work and whether ED farming xp willl even be possible any more.

For someone with all the EDs maxed, it will take a good carrot to give it all up for an epic TR. For someone that is only looking to epic TR once, they will have to earn over 4 million heroic xp, 6 million epic xp and an additional 14 million epic xp outside their desinty of choice to get the epic past life benefits + what they already had. so 2 build points + what else is worth that kind of grind?

i believe the devs will come up with something that is much better than the original proposal. I look forward to hearing it when they are ready.

It's not like we haven't had lots of other freak-outs that turned out to be much ado about little.
    Quote-worthy...

80% of these forums are people freaking out over stuff that turns out to be nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Quote-worthy...

80% of these forums are people freaking out over stuff that turns out to be nothing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1qQ1SKNlgY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPoKiGQzbSQ

we like to get our freak on............don't be a hater.

Hero

Quote-worthy...

They end up being nothing because people "freak out". If no one ever said anything, or reversely praised everything Turbine does I have no doubt this game would be much worse off than it's current iteration. IE: Madstone Boots and Hard to Kill. We would still have them if no one spoke up.

While everyone has their own version of how they think the game should be, it's the common sense things that Turbine does, or rather the lack of common sense things they do that worries people. And based on previous experience, people with common sense have every right to worry about some of Turbines "ideas".

Quote-worthy...

Nonsense. The freak-outs and nerd-rage got the ENH-pass to be decent from "OMG - what are you thinking?"

it was the freak-outs and nerd-rages that got them to reconsider the insane idea of blanking out ED XP on TR.

It is the freak-out and nerd-rages that get them to . . . nevermind, NDA . . ..

I just wish they would react/respond faster to legit concerns than the freak-outs and nerd-rage wouldn't be needed. But as long as we play a game where an executive thinks only single-digit people would be affected but an ED wipe the torches and pitchforks are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    I wonder how much they have made from sales of xp pots and such off those who are busy TRing like crazy hampsters?
    See . . . if they were malicious and not uninformed this could have all been a ploy to kick off the massive TR-marathons that are going on right now.

But even I don't wear that much tinfoil on my head to think this.

Nonsense. The freak-outs and nerd-rage got the ENH-pass to be decent from "OMG - what are you thinking?"

it was the freak-outs and nerd-rages that got them to reconsider the insane idea of blanking out ED XP on TR.

It is the freak-out and nerd-rages that get them to . . . nevermind, NDA . . ..

I just wish they would react/respond faster to legit concerns than the freak-outs and nerd-rage wouldn't be needed. But as long as we play a game where an executive thinks only single-digit people would be affected but an ED wipe the torches and pitchforks are needed.

Agreed.

About marketing I hope they are clever enough to know some people like myself and my wife refuse to buy any new xpacks or spend any money in this game and have stopped playing (we were going to come back after getting bored with NW but saw the enhancement thread and said nvm) until we see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Community Member

And yet you still started this thread. That's the difference between reasonable feedback/objection, and senseless hand-wringing / scaremongering / panic.

Arrow

See . . . if they were malicious and not uninformed this could have all been a ploy to kick off the massive TR-marathons that are going on right now.

But even I don't wear that much tinfoil on my head to think this.
    Whats malicious about making sales?

Yeah thats the thing......they are either just totally removed from reality.........."all 8 of them with capped ED's" whiskey tango foxtrot!!!...........I mean thats just taking it to another level.............or they are really really cunning and manipulative.

Tin foil? That's for weak poofs........I protects myself with a magneto styled Helm, with an inner lining of coconut shell, that's the main component keeps bad mojo out.
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 07-29-2013 at 01:14 PM.

It is pretty simple. When Epic TR comes out and wipes ED XP. People will stop playing and stop Tring which means a drop in DDO store sales of Hearts and SP/XP pots. Thus Killing the game entirely.

There are no Raids. There is no end game. There will be no TRing.

Before MoTUD we had
    Epics
    VoD
    ToD
    Shroud
    VoN
    Hound
    MA
    LoB
    Abbot
    Edit: forgot DQ

After the next update. There will be CiTW and FOT. By raising the level cap, turbine is shrinking the game to a point where people will get bored faster and leave sooner.
    Last edited by Atremus; 07-29-2013 at 01:15 PM.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

And yet you still started this thread. That's the difference between reasonable feedback/objection, and senseless hand-wringing / scaremongering / panic.
    How is wanting more information anything like "senseless hand-wringing / scaremongering / panic"? Some of us would like to know as it will affect our decision to keep playing the game or finally move on permanently?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Community Member

My concern would be that it was iintentional to misinform just to encourage store sales of leveling goodies like boxes, xp pots and so on...

I am in the "wait and see what happens" camp isntead of the "Knee jerk reaction" camp. If what I don't like comes to pass then I will be looking for another game to play, if I like or can adapt, I will stick around and adjust my playstyle accordingly.

I've seen enough nonsense from software vendors over the years to know that you can't trust them because there is almost always a disconnect between the right hand and the left hand in terms of communication to the client.

Heck I used to be one of those pre-sales software guys pushing "verision next" with a set of "go to market" fluff only for it to be revised and updated because the marketing guys misunderstood the Product Manager and produced sales materials that was nothing but "FUD". It's an industry problem, not one particular company.

I mean look at Microsoft...how many times have they overpromised and underdelivered on their software? Would you expect anything more from a vndeor who uses .NET ? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    It is pretty simple. When Epic TR comes out and wipes ED XP. People will stop playing and stop Tring which means a drop in DDO store sales of Hearts and SP/XP pots. Thus Killing the game entirely.

There are no Raids. There is no end game. There will be no TRing.

Before MoTUD we had
    Epics
    VoD
    ToD
    Shroud
    VoN
    Hound
    MA
    LoB
    Abbot

After the next update. There will be CiTW and FOT. By raising the level cap, turbine is shrinking the game to a point where people will get bored faster and leave sooner.
    Premature d0000m1 - 15 yard penalty - still second down.

DDO's not dead yet, they still have time to veer the ship away from the iceberg. I'm just hoping the new pilot can plot a good course.

I'm all about scare-monfering and panic. What's my name?

Nothing wrong with asking for some clarification.

This thread was started after a conversation in my guild forums where I can't get mooks to stop TRing and actually run end-game. They want to get all there TRs done now before Turbine changes the system.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast