Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default A feeling of a gun to the head - Epic TR

Turbine - we really need clarification in simple words right now on an issue: will we get to keep our ED XP upon future TRs?

Reason I ask is everyone I know is TRing like madmen to get the TRs done because of the fear that you will go through with the original terrible plan of blanking out ED XP. For myself and many others losing ED XP is 100% not acceptable and we will never TR again if this is the case.

Uncertainty hurt the game, I think you're finally getting that with the slightly better dev interaction we've been seeing lately.

So can you settle this? Can you confirm that we will NOT be losing ED XP at least on heroic TR?

Seconded. Any justification for withholding information from players has to be grounded in a better reason than a fear of a player backlash - if a potential change is likely to elicit such a response, then it probably worth a bit of consultation anyway no?

One of DDO's merits, as far as I see it, is the smaller community. While Mournlands does exist,a change of this magnitude deserves the input of the wider community, and in this game that is indeed possible.

Barbachop/Fizzburn/Politikills & Boaby - Omnipresence,Ghallanda

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Turbine - we really need clarification in simple words right now on an issue: will we get to keep our ED XP upon future TRs?

Reason I ask is everyone I know is TRing like madmen to get the TRs done because of the fear that you will go through with the original terrible plan of blanking out ED XP. For myself and many others losing ED XP is 100% not acceptable and we will never TR again if this is the case.

Uncertainty hurt the game, I think you're finally getting that with the slightly better dev interaction we've been seeing lately.

So can you settle this? Can you confirm that we will NOT be losing ED XP at least on heroic TR?
    While I agree that it would be cool if they told us, they won't. And the reason is simple: It will pull attention away from the Xpac Preview which if it does indeed happen marketing will have a hissy fit. And if the indeed do come out and say something, I would take what they say with the finest grain of salt you can manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While I agree that it would be cool if they told us, they won't. And the reason is simple: It will pull attention away from the Xpac Preview which if it does indeed happen marketing will have a hissy fit. And if the indeed do come out and say something, I would take what they say with the finest grain of salt you can manage.
    Nobody will bother running any of the new epics if everyone is in a constant TR cycle which will be the case until they confirm we will not be losing our EDs.

Another TR grind trap due to replay ability of new content not even coming close to the timeframe it takes to develope more content. -check

Complete arbitrary reversal of the way the system currently works to create more grind. -check
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

I do not want to speculate that it is bad news, but if it is what we think it may be, do you think people would want to come back from other games or real life commitments to see that all their work is down the drain?

My guess is that they will give us all some nice treat "level stone" and then give us the bad news in hoped that we do not walk.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Another TR grind trap due to replay ability of new content not even coming close to the timeframe it takes to develope more content. -check

Complete arbitrary reversal of the way the system currently works to create more grind. -check
    Not true, the removal of people's EDs is so terrible more people will just not bother that grind more.

Community Member

It wouldn't make sense in any way for them to make a change that's wholly destructive to the game in the manner that many are worrying about. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and see what they come up with.

Hero

Not true, the removal of people's EDs is so terrible more people will just not bother that grind more.
    This is true, I literally 5 mins ago capped my last destiny on my FVS. I will not Epic TR for 2 more build points. It's not worth the grind (esp with the way XP ransack is shaping out to look). There is a tiny, tiny chance I might Epic TR is the PL feats are good enough. But I highly doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    It wouldn't make sense in any way for them to make a change that's wholly destructive to the game in the manner that many are worrying about. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and see what they come up with.
    If you believe this, then why did they come out with what they wanted to do? If there was no chance of them doing "wholly destructive" changes, they would have never brought it up. And don't say they wanted input. If they wanted just input they would have just said "hey were thinking of doing Epic TR, what do you guys think?" End of story.
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 07-29-2013 at 11:03 AM.

If you believe this, then why did they come out with what they wanted to do? If there was no chance of them doing "wholly destructive" changes, they would have never brought it up. And don't say they wanted input. If they wanted just input they would have just said "hey were thinking of doing Epic TR, what do you guys think?" End of story.
    I really don't think the developer understood how much we hated leveling up EDs. Nobody who understood how painful it was would consider for one second taking away ED XP.

85+ pages of nerd-rage probably sank that point home.

Founder

My static group doesn't TR (we have lots of alts), but we had started talking about TRing before the "wipe ED" news came out. Now we are scrambling to TR before it happens, so I know what Troll means.

But really those of us on the forums are lucky - we at least know what is happening and can tell our friends that are not on the forums. Turbine might think the backlash that happened when we found out about the ED wipe was bad. We are supposedly only 5% of the game population - imagine what is going to happen when all those who have more than 1 ED and are not informed TR?!

I hope Turbine prepares their CSRs much better than they currently are. Imagine if you were not informed, TRd, got back to 20 and all your EDs are gone? And then you created a ticket and got the standard "WAI / closed ticket"? There would be a riot.

Hero

I really don't think the developer understood how much we hated leveling up EDs. Nobody who understood how painful it was would consider for one second taking away ED XP.

85+ pages of nerd-rage probably sank that point home.
    Actually it was a Senior Producer who made the post. And I went back and forth with him on Twitter and he was quite smug about things even after 40-50 pages of the thread. Like the numbers of people who have capped all the destines. It shows the disconnect between those who make decisions and the player-base.

Actually it was a Senior Producer who made the post. And I went back and forth with him on Twitter and he was quite smug about things even after 40-50 pages of the thread. Like the numbers of people who have capped all the destines. It shows the disconnect between those who make decisions and the player-base.

Is he really that poorly informed?

This guy's not on DDO anymore, right? Seriously having an executive this clueless is hazardous to the health of the company.

Hero

Is he really that poorly informed?

This guy's not on DDO anymore, right? Seriously having an executive this clueless is hazardous to the health of the company.
    He's the one that started the Epic TR thread:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-TR?highlight=

He's very much still "around".

Community Member

It may have been a trial balloon. They get floated to see if they'll be shot down; this one was.

I refuse to believe that they are going to force people to wipe out all of their ED progress just to do a heroic TR. I may be wrong, but I don't think I will be.

Community Member

Am I reading that right? He thinks only 8 people have capped EDs? I know a guy with 8+ alts that are capped. I think this producer got transferred off the game thank goodness, but this is a serious level of misinformation for a senior staff member to have.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    It may have been a trial balloon. They get floated to see if they'll be shot down; this one was.
    I'll bite..but no company in their right mind would float the most obvious worst-case-scenario. Just to "test the waters". It's illogical.

That would be like Comcast saying they are going to start adding HBO to their expanded cable line-up for free but are going to start charging $1000/ mo for service. Then send out a survey asking people what they think.

Here's your sign. (not you personally, but to people who think floating the worst-case-scenario is a good idea)
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 07-29-2013 at 11:32 AM.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    Am I reading that right? He thinks only 8 people have capped EDs? I know a guy with 8+ alts that are capped. I think this producer got transferred off the game thank goodness, but this is a serious level of misinformation for a senior staff member to have.
    Well, with the internet it's always possible to misinterpret things, but for the life of me, I can't think of anything else he could have meant. (And make sense)

And he indeed is still on the DDO team.

I'll bite..but no company in their right mind would float the most obvious worst-case-scenario. Just to "test the waters". It's illogical.

That would be like Comcast saying they are going to start adding HBO to their expanded cable line-up for free but are going to start charging $1000/ mo for service. Then send out a survey asking people what they think.

Here's your sign.
    Turbine on numerous occasions has proposed a horrid idea to let us chew on so there then not-quite-as-horrible idea seems palatable.

Wail nerf? Anyone remember the inanely stupid "hard to kill" silliness?

Do I think that was the case this time? No, Producerglin's absurdly clueless tweet shows that people who came up with this really were absurdly clueless.

Hero

Do I think that was the case this time? No, Producerglin's absurdly clueless tweet shows that people who came up with this really were absurdly clueless.
    I forgot about hard to kill. And you do connect it in a way I haven't had time to think of. So I'll digress on my previous standpoint. I do think it is indeed entirely plausible they would think this was legit. So I guess Forrest Gump was right.
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 07-29-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast