Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 161 to 165 of 165
  1. #161
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    Except that DDO deprivation is rarely fatal. This is a silly argument as playing DDO isn't a requirement to, basically, continuing to do everything else. It's a choice, not a requirement.
    Agreed. Saying you are not forced to play DDO is a silly argument. Games were meant to be played. That is why they are created. If a game has a problem, not playing the game is not a solution. It is simply avoiding the problem. Problems should be fixed not avoided by not playing the game. Honestly, we were both on the same side of this debate until you decided to sidetrack us with pointlessly pointing out that no one is "forced" to play DDO. I get the feeling you were just in the mood to poke fun of word choice rather than stick to the real point of the discussion.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

  2. #162
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FrancisP.Fancypants View Post
    This isn't science; I'm saying is it's not a problem for me. I haven't heard people I run with complaining. There are consistently 5 or 6 LFMs up for my level range even at off-peak times. I don't lack for people to run with. So whatever conclusions I'm drawing are, as I said, from my own experience. Maybe I'm just always in the lucky level range on a more active server. But if I wasn't, complaining about it on the forums wouldn't solve the problem; I'd be looking to switch servers or roll up some alts.
    I noticed a lot less LFMS in the late spring / early summer than now. Part of that could be that I Was TRing a lot at that time and now I am running epic content. At the moment creating/joining/filling LFMS are not a problem unless you are trying to run something like the Titan raid.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

    Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

  3. #163
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    Agreed. Saying you are not forced to play DDO is a silly argument. Games were meant to be played. That is why they are created. If a game has a problem, not playing the game is not a solution. It is simply avoiding the problem. Problems should be fixed not avoided by not playing the game. Honestly, we were both on the same side of this debate until you decided to sidetrack us with pointlessly pointing out that no one is "forced" to play DDO. I get the feeling you were just in the mood to poke fun of word choice rather than stick to the real point of the discussion.
    I disagree. If one likes to play checkers and dislikes playing chess, the solution is to play checkers, not to "fix" chess as nobody is forced to choose chess over checkers.

    If DDO is no longer the best choice in games for any particular player, the logical solution would be to play that game that is the best choice, rather than expect Turbine to "fix" DDO. Because Turbine is always going to move this game in whatever direction they feel is best for Turbine.

  4. #164
    Community Member redspecter23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    I disagree. If one likes to play checkers and dislikes playing chess, the solution is to play checkers, not to "fix" chess as nobody is forced to choose chess over checkers.

    If DDO is no longer the best choice in games for any particular player, the logical solution would be to play that game that is the best choice, rather than expect Turbine to "fix" DDO. Because Turbine is always going to move this game in whatever direction they feel is best for Turbine.
    A better analogy would be a player that likes to play chess, but suddenly you only get 7 pawns at the start of each game and now you have to pay $0.25 if you want the 8th pawn. Would you say that person should just go find a new game? Or lobby for the game they love to go back to how it was before? You can love a game, but dislike changes to that game. (one could argue that losing a pawn might actually give you an advantage, but lets assume not for this example)
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

  5. #165
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    A better analogy would be a player that likes to play chess, but suddenly you only get 7 pawns at the start of each game and now you have to pay $0.25 if you want the 8th pawn. Would you say that person should just go find a new game? Or lobby for the game they love to go back to how it was before? You can love a game, but dislike changes to that game. (one could argue that losing a pawn might actually give you an advantage, but lets assume not for this example)
    I'm thinking if whoever it is that get's the $.25 is in charge of making the changes, you are likely wasting your time.

    That's assuming they thought making the change was in their best interest in the first place and I find it hard to believe that Turbine doesn't do that.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload