Community Member

Default Whilst dispatching untold numbers of cads, ruffians and ne'er-do-wells in the Cove.

It hit me.
    Well, rather, SHE hit me.
    Those dang lvl 25 horc healers hit really hard.
    REALLY HARD.
    Everything else out there falls before my axes like...well..like things that fall before axes.
    I think those ladies may be bit too amped up.
    Anyone else having the same issue? Or is my whirling dervish o' death not as bad@$$ as I thought?

Also; don't forget to check your tr'd toons for CC goodies from the last time. Saved me SO much grindage this go round.

Community Member TheNameIwasntB4's Avatar

Default Half Orcs been tough since they appeared

Usually, if I see a half-orc in the Cove, I try not to engage as I know their CR is very high, and hence, they deal a LOT of damage.

It has been like that since the half orcs appeared in the cove. Last games or the one before that.
    April 2013 - Manager Meeting - New Forums, WOW!! We just had over 90% new players join!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    It hit me.
    REALLY HARD.
    Everything else out there falls before my axes like...well..like things that fall before axes.
    Anyone else having the same issue? Or is my whirling dervish o' death not as bad@$$ as I thought?

Also; don't forget to check your tr'd toons for CC goodies from the last time. Saved me SO much grindage this go round.
    A single neg level followed-up by a FoD and they go down REAL quick. They are easier to take out than the gunners.

I happened to take out at least one of them, two of the brutes (can't remember the name now) and take down a red name in one encounter.

The only CC available to me does not seem to work without a debuff (haven't tried to debuff one of them, as it is just as easy to kill them outright). And I'm not running my melees in CC, so I have no idea how well they trip or stun. My suspicion is that they'll go down on a trip fairly easily.

Community Member

Hi Chauncey,

Yes, the HOrcs healers are tough buggers. I think they are CR24/25.
    What makes them tough from my perspective is that they spam Heals without any apparent cool down, so as a Melee, your damage output would need to be significant to keep up with their healing.

As a caster, I energy drain them and then cast Destruction. Works most times.
    Generally I tend to ignore them and focus on the CR22/23 swashbucklers as the best bang for buck.

I have found the HOrc grenadiers to be the toughest for me.
    They spam damage spells like crazy. Get two or three of them with aggro on you and it gets interesting!

What I find really strange is that CR does not seem to make any difference to the loot drops - it seems as semi random on CR7 as it is on CR24.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    It hit me.
    REALLY HARD.

What level are you Chauncey?

The reason I asked is because I killed one earlier today solo on my Monk and she's only level 11 (Frozen Tunic is awesome).

Community Member

Default Thanks everyone.

I'm mostly running my lvl 25 Dorf Kensei III Fighter out there. I can normally handle most of the mobs, sometimes 3-4 at a time. If I get lucky with the vorpals.

But if I happen to hit one of those clerics, it's pretty much over. (for the record, I didn't run the last 2 events much at all) So the power of the Horcs out there is new to me.