Default Ghallanda is first at the list

I have Ghallanda placed the first at the list of worlds every-time. It seems that not only me.

http://ddoracle.com/Traffic.html

I remember old launcher randomized the order of worlds and only last visited worlds has been put first.

I have an idea. Put wayfinder at first place

PS: On other side, only new players with no experience with DDO can generate such traffic when that server is always at first place. so good news for DDO

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art19), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic6)

Quote Originally Posted by Wanesa View Post
    I have Ghallanda placed the first at the list of worlds every-time. It seems that not only me.

http://ddoracle.com/Traffic.html

I remember old launcher randomized the order of worlds and only last visited worlds has been put first.

I have an idea. Put wayfinder at first place

PS: On other side, only new players with no experience with DDO can generate such traffic when that server is always at first place. so good news for DDO
    So are you saying that with a brand new install that Ghallanda was shown at the top of the list for you? And/or that even after playing on another server, that the launcher always puts Ghallanda in the top spot, the next time the launcher is... launched?

I can't comment on what server is shown first on a brand new install, because it's been 6 months or so since I'm done a clean install. As far as I'm aware, the plan was to have Wayfinder appear at the top of the list, when doing a new install, to entice new players to play on there.

However, my launcher has always shown the servers in the specific order of which ones I have visited last, old launcher or new launcher.

If I dual box then Ghallanda ends up on top for whichever account I log in with second. Orien (where I actually play) stays on top for the account that I log on with first.

If I do not dual box then Orien stays at the top after I've logged in and out. It stays that way until I dual box again.

It is a minor annoyance at most, although sometimes I am not paying attention and end up logged in on Ghallanda forcing me to quit and restart. That is something of a pain when I'm dual boxing since I have to quit both applications.

Community Member TheNameIwasntB4's Avatar

Default This is true

For some reason, my Userpreferences file became corrupted and my graphics were permanently set to 800*600 which reallu stunk since I did 1900*1200 and my stuff was all garbled and no way would I play with a screen like that.

This was just a recent a occurence also.

I forget what exactly I did to make it work again by playing with options, but eventually I could change my screen around again. But, my server defaulted to Ghallanda as the first server.

Since Ghallanda is one of the servers I play on, no big deal.

Since Turbine made it so new players defaulted to Wayfinder not too long ago, maybe that code got buggered up. Nah, that sort of stuff never happens.
    April 2013 - Manager Meeting - New Forums, WOW!! We just had over 90% new players join!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheNameIwasntB4 View Post
    Since Turbine made it so new players defaulted to Wayfinder not too long ago, maybe that code got buggered up. Nah, that sort of stuff never happens.
    When they had announced that, I checked with the old launcher by deleting the last-visited information and the old launcher seemingly picked any server at random to be the Recommended World, except for Wayfinder.