Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LGBT Players?!

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by blackdoguk View Post
    Prejudice in the thread. DDO is a social game, people are entitled to surround themselves with anyone who shares an amicable outlook. Shame on anyone who would detract from that.
    No prejudice the topic just shouldn't really come in a game one way or another.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    No prejudice the topic just shouldn't really come in a game one way or another.
    It might not for you and that's fine. For you to say that it shouldn't for others is rather a entitled attitude. It's not something I think about, but I do consider the chief merit of this game to be the social aspect. That's a spectrum that doesn't really have boundaries - so if a certain cross section of players consider that to be an important issue then why shouldn't they have a forum to surround themselves with like minded individuals?

Barbachop/Fizzburn/Politikills & Boaby - Omnipresence,Ghallanda

That's a spectrum that doesn't really have boundaries - so if a certain cross section of players consider that to be an important issue then why shouldn't they have a forum to surround themselves with like minded individuals?
    The gaming community it so small right now that being selective as to who you play with is probably not a best practice.

With that said people have the right to not be harassed so if you are we have reporting tools.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

It might not for you and that's fine. For you to say that it shouldn't for others is rather a entitled attitude. It's not something I think about, but I do consider the chief merit of this game to be the social aspect. That's a spectrum that doesn't really have boundaries - so if a certain cross section of players consider that to be an important issue then why shouldn't they have a forum to surround themselves with like minded individuals?
    NO sexual orientation is a subject that should NEVER come up in game its just not the place for it.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    The gaming community it so small right now that being selective as to who you play with is probably not a best practice.

With that said people have the right to not be harassed so if you are we have reporting tools.
    exactly but if the topic is never brought up and it shouldn't be then nobody would be harassed and they shouldn't be anyways. I don't come to the game to hear about anything other than the game and that's all that should be really brought up.

NO sexual orientation is a subject that should NEVER come up in game its just not the place for it.
    exactly but if the topic is never brought up and it shouldn't be then nobody would be harassed and they shouldn't be anyways. I don't come to the game to hear about anything other than the game and that's all that should be really brought up.

"I think/feel this way about a certain subject therefore everyone else should too..."

Nobody is harassing you here by looking to group with people who share their mindset. You are free to enjoy the game how you wish and surround yourself with people that you enjoy sharing the company of. If you are not interested in LGBT issues why bother posting in the thread?

DDO is a microcosm of society. I can think of various couples who have met through the game, heck I can recall a good few in game weddings. To imagine that people don't forge friendships and even relationships is somewhat naive. Sharing someone's company for an extended period of time can be an intimate thing, and thanks to this I've found many good friends due to the social nature of DDO.

To cover your eyes and pretend that nobody should ever look to meet someone in a game such as this is naive my friend -it's no different than meeting someone in any other environment. I'm not looking to inflame the discussion, or to invalidate your opinion on the subject, but you can't mandate how people act in their own groups with their own friends and in threads they start for those who share their beliefs.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

"I think/feel this way about a certain subject therefore everyone else should too..."

Nobody is harassing you here by looking to group with people who share their mindset. You are free to enjoy the game how you wish and surround yourself with people that you enjoy sharing the company of. If you are not interested in LGBT issues why bother posting in the thread?

DDO is a microcosm of society. I can think of various couples who have met through the game, heck I can recall a good few in game weddings. To imagine that people don't forge friendships and even relationships is somewhat naive. Sharing someone's company for an extended period of time can be an intimate thing, and thanks to this I've found many good friends due to the social nature of DDO.

To cover your eyes and pretend that nobody should ever look to meet someone in a game such as this is naive my friend -it's no different than meeting someone in any other environment. I'm not looking to inflame the discussion, or to invalidate your opinion on the subject, but you can't mandate how people act in their own groups with their own friends and in threads they start for those who share their beliefs.
    Its a political subject and forbidden period.

How in the world is it a political subject?

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    How in the world is it a political subject?
    You mammals politicize everything.

Its a political subject and forbidden period.
    It's as political as you make it. For some people it's just life, the same as any other player relationship. You could decry player marriages for the same reason. I'll vehemently defend someone's right to play how they wish with whomever they choose to so long as it doesn't detract from their groupmates' enjoyment of the game. The thread is designed for players to meet, and offers no opinions on the subject in it's original form.

We're not gona agree on this, and you chose to bring up the P word instead of addressing any of the points I made. This will no doubt will get the thread closed, which is a shame. Maybe that was your intention. I won't be responding to any future posts you make on the subject, happy that my point has been made.

I agree; just keep in mind that it's the people who use words like "gay" in a derogatory way who bring up the subject in the first place. It is perfectly understandable that gay players are offended by that kind of behavior and voice their concerns.

Popcorn
    ~ Archangels ~
    Grimmlock (Heroic Completionist Life 15); Saulot (Life 3); Leviathian (Life 5); Flogging Molly; Mithriss; TheBoondock Saynts; Bushmils; Humblebeard; Guinnesss.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Community Member

Don't be naïve. Sexual orientation is OFTEN mentioned in the course of the game when conversing with players.
    Are you telling me you have never had some guy say in chat or on voice: "Hey Guys, need to afk for 2 min, the wife wants me to take out the garbage."
    Right there sexual orientation has been mentioned.
    What the OP and others folks want is to be able to socialize with people that when someone says the exact same statement above but substitutes same-sex terminology in, that person is not the subject to idiotic comments.

Community Manager

It seems clear to me that the OP of this thread aimed to let people know about a guild option. While it should probably have gone in Recruitment, it's fine. However, this thread (besides being necro'd) has devolved into a discussion outside of the realm of the OP, and is now closed.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123