Community Member DiamondPrinceJC's Avatar
    In the dark forests of an exotic plane called Oregon

Lightbulb Starting a new LGBT Guild on Cannith

I am logging on tonight to start I new guild on Cannith for LGBT and friendly players. I am hoping that it we can get a good combination of Dungeoneers and Role-players so we can keep the Renown up. If you are interested in joining send a lightining post to Aztoth. He will be my alt I will be on tonight. I have afew alts of all different levels and even TRs. I am not opposed to rolling something if you are new as well and need guidance or someone to run quests with.

I work full time, so I will need help to have good guild contact. Once we get going I will pick a second in command to keep the ball rolling.

The guild name is House Nix'uldo'ch send a lightning post to Aztoth Aztoth or Borealice

Many well wishes!

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Community Member

Default well

too bad humans keep shattering themselves :P

when a "chosen language speaking guild" is formed, soon other foreign language guild arise, shatter, and the people who share a motherlanguage are separated, divided, often by petty causes.

about lgbt... it has been made on other servers, the result is almost always a ghost ship.
    the % interested is really low, making lgbt guilds on many servers may not be a good idea, in a mmorpg low on population...

take the 12 million wow, i mean 8million now ? still 8 million...

if you do not mind playing all by yourself, it wont be a problem at all... there are many soloing players with a self guild, someone even managed to make it to level 100 in few weeks...

if you like instead to be part of a community all you risk is logging in and find noone online, and perhaps the list of your guildmates who last logged in 2 weeks ago.

well ok that is my opinion, not really a box full of smiles but just what i think ^^
    good luck with your guild anyway !

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nayozz View Post
    (snip)
    if you do not mind playing all by yourself, it wont be a problem at all... there are many soloing players with a self guild, someone even managed to make it to level 100 in few weeks...

if you like instead to be part of a community all you risk is logging in and find noone online, and perhaps the list of your guildmates who last logged in 2 weeks ago.

well ok that is my opinion, not really a box full of smiles but just what i think ^^
    good luck with your guild anyway !
    So by that logic no one should have a guild with a theme of some sort at all.

Quote Originally Posted by EKraven View Post
    So by that logic no one should have a guild with a theme of some sort at all.

not if they expect it to be busy, and well populated.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Not every guild has to be whatever the highest level is, or however that system works.

Some folk just want a safe, friendly environment to play in where they don't have to worry about the nastiness that comes from dealing with random people.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Community Member

Curiosity may be getting the best of me here, but...is there a large segment of homophobic players to make this feel necessary? Is it common for people to be discussing their sexual orientation with people they group with?

Quote Originally Posted by MrTastyHead View Post
    Curiosity may be getting the best of me here, but...is there a large segment of homophobic players to make this feel necessary? Is it common for people to be discussing their sexual orientation with people they group with?
    It is common to talk about one's life and people in it, yes. Not everything about being gay or straight has to do with sex with a certain gender.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    It is common to talk about one's life and people in it, yes. Not everything about being gay or straight has to do with sex with a certain gender.
    Not quite sure what you mean. English words have no gender, so 'sex' is genderless, too. In German, sex is a masculine noun; the same is true for French, Spanish, and Italian versions, but since we are speaking English, where does gender come in?
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean. English words have no gender, so 'sex' is genderless, too. In German, sex is a masculine noun; the same is true for French, Spanish, and Italian versions, but since we are speaking English, where does gender come in?
    He's saying things come up in casual conversation. For example, a male speaker who says "Hold on, husband agro" will have by default announced his orientation, and opened himself up to ugliness by a simple, commonly used phrase by most gamers. We all get spouse(if we have one) agro eventually. I have seen (and refused to participate in or play with the people who do) ugliness against gay players, or simply players with a voice that might be considered effeminate and branded gay by other jerk players. It happens.

Some suggest that my example gamer should just say wife agro, I don't think forcing people to lie to expect basic courtesy from others is a great suggestion.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

House Nix'ul'do'ch is now up to level 5 so we can start mailing invites. If you would like to join a Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or friendly guild send a lightning post to Azoth or Borealice

House Nix'uldo'ch is now up to level 5 so we can start mailing invites. If you would like to join a Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or friendly guild send a lightning post to Azoth or Borealice

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    He's saying things come up in casual conversation. For example, a male speaker who says "Hold on, husband agro" will have by default announced his orientation, and opened himself up to ugliness by a simple, commonly used phrase by most gamers. We all get spouse(if we have one) agro eventually. I have seen (and refused to participate in or play with the people who do) ugliness against gay players, or simply players with a voice that might be considered effeminate and branded gay by other jerk players. It happens.

Some suggest that my example gamer should just say wife agro, I don't think forcing people to lie to expect basic courtesy from others is a great suggestion.
    Oh, kk, ty.

People shouldn't be rude like that to anyone. Better they bite their words out of courtesy, or least to avoid getting reported for hate talk.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Default Level 9!!

House Nix'uldo'ch is now level 9. If anyone is interested in joining please search or send an in-game email to Aztoth or Winterbourne.

While I'm not on Cannith, I completely support the idea behind this guild.

Having said that, the DDO community is better than other MMO's - More mature players from D&D days perhaps?

To date, I've met one homophobic person - and even then, he wasn't a problem. Said something along the lines of "I don't agree with it" and left it at that. (Subject came up in a pug a few months back)