Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: blitzing

Blitz is only OP if the rest of your team pikes for a few minutes while you get all the kills to build stacks. Realistically, that doesn't happen. That's the balancing feature of the moment.

In the VAST majority of quests, I am only ever able to get it up to 3 or 4 stacks before I miss one, and once you miss a stack you can't increase your stacks anymore (unless Turbine finally fixed that bug) so you have to watch as your moment dwindles away.

Quote Originally Posted by RightToRemainStupid View Post
    Last time I checked, it could only be charged inside quests.
    Wrong.

Last time I checked, it could only be charged inside quests.
    Whatever you checked.... it was not Master's Blitz. Check again.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Wrong.
    When did that change?

From the time it came out until the time I last played a few weeks ago, Blitz would reset every time you entered a new area. I've seen plenty of people charging it up once they entered a quest, but never see anyone doing it outside one.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Oh that is horeshockey. Blitz is one of those awesomely fun OP things that borderline breaks the game.
    Well put.

When did that change?
    It was always that way. I mean, it does reset when going through instances/doors, but only when active. It gains 1 charge for each tactic (trip, cleave, etc.) that you use. So all you need to do is use a bunch of tactic moves and you can charge it before the quest. Just like... the epic moment in fury, you can go charge it on the training dummy before the quest. Unbridled also stays charged through resting, so you can save it for later if you want -- I don't think a charged blitz does this. I Can't remember if the spirit stack for primal resets completely when entering a quest, but I know it degrades over time, anyway that one is just as easy to charge.
    Orien
    | Klorox | Suppressor | Vellien | Knost | & more |
    ~ Youtube ~ DDO Adventures ~

Community Member

For those that feel that Blitz is OP now, do you think it will still be OP at the new level cap?
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    For those that feel that Blitz is OP now, do you think it will still be OP at the new level cap?
    Yes?

Blitz is OP as was the old EiN. The damage should be the same but you shouldn't be allowed to keep it on forever.

Yes other Epic moments should be buffed as well, but Master's Blitz should have a duration. 1 Min and 30 seconds of 250% damage with 5m cooldown should be fine. In this way, you can lower the tactics needed from 50 to 25.

Right now, with a well experienced group (so every channel/guild group) can have 1 melee with Master's Blitz for the whole duration of the quest. There was one time where, in a duo, a friend of mine kept MB for the whole duration of EE Crucible. And he did EVERY SINGLE PUZZLE: Maze, Agility, Wisdom and even the Swim.

I still think that they are called epic MOMENT for a reason.

But the main point is: BUFF THE OTHER EPIC MOMENTS ALREADY. Shadowdancer, Draconic, Magister and Sentinel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Right now, with a well experienced group (so every channel/guild group) can have 1 melee with Master's Blitz for the whole duration of the quest.
    1! Exactly. Not 6, not 5 or 4, maybe 2 but only one fully charged. That is a good indicator for how balanced it is. Else, everybody would run around being in Blitz. But mostly I see trees, a whole effin' forest of trees. None of them is LD.

MB is not OP.

And no. No buffing any more. Stop thinking in binary categories where useful = OP.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

lol its funny as hell to watch a party with multiple LD in it all try to blitz at the same time, and frustrating a bit if you are one. Its great when you can co-ordinate with your team, and in quests with multiple portals its good to take turns. The group work is good but it does kind of get frustrating the mechanics where the rest of the party sits back and lets someone get up their stacks................. I wouldn't mind if it was implemented a bit differently somehow. Also yes most of the other epic moments kind of need a look at.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12