Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Exclamation be careful of Trolling on FOT..

Sometimes Lightning still hits players even if Stormreaver died and the raid ended well. then died members must wait for 1 min to revive themselves.

But... What if someone ate your stone and took DDoor? Of course, You'd not get your chests as you're teleported to your stone at entrance.

My friend trolled by this yesterday. He died by bugged lightning, as well 2 other players did. but more bad happened, suddenly someone took their stones after taking the chests, went back to entrance by DDoor, and They're also teleported to their stones on entrance. so 3 ppl could not get the chests.

My friend said the troller immediately logged off when my friend tried to tell him. at the party, the party leader is also from his guild. My friend heard the leader said It's not that his guildie intendedly tried to do that, so he'll gonna investigate something. and he logged off also... not intendedly?

Whatever who did trolling, BE CAREFUL of this.
    Last edited by Targal; 07-28-2013 at 03:42 AM.

Community Member

How to prevent this:
    1.Don't die.
    2.let your trusted one take your stone.
    3.Don't open DD
    4.No one trolling

5.Devs should patch to prevent players to open DD after the raid done.(only fot and reaver's fate)
    Last edited by Targal; 07-28-2013 at 01:59 AM.

Community Member

See i wish you had not named names since you did this thread will likely disappear by morning and the idea about ddoor not taking you to the entrance in this raid is a good one.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragon2fire View Post
    See i wish you had not named names since you did this thread will likely disappear by morning and the idea about ddoor not taking you to the entrance in this raid is a good one.
    oh, got it. didn't know forum rules. I'll edit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Targal View Post
    oh, got it. didn't know forum rules. I'll edit it.
    Dude also take away the First letters of the player and the guild even that might be too much.

Anyway I said that because I didn't want you to risk getting *infractions* or whatever..........but whoever did that is just a sick prick. Hope you told people in game about who to watch out for on your server.
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 07-28-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Community Member

I just did a FoT run and right at the end after the stormreaver was prepped by the range, jumped in to help kill him. He fired of his 'boom' thing which hit me for 1200+ lightning damage, and also someone else.

Fortunately our group waited until we could res before opening the chests.

Community Member

Wow! I am sorry this happened to your friend.

I hope the developers change this to make it impossible for the griefers to do this.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Founder

I simply don't understand what kind of twisted person does stuff like this as well as the griefing I've heard about in other situations. Anyone who does this kind of thing should have their entire account banned and their name / cc / paypal info banned from WB games. No game company should allow this type of idiocy to make their game environment a negative place.

It would be nicer if they just removed the force field that prevents you from reentering the quest.

Sadly it's not the only way I see trolling done in these quests.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

"Simple" fix:

Add Dimensional Anchor, like in Under the Big Top.

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    It would be nicer if they just removed the force field that prevents you from reentering the quest.

Sadly it's not the only way I see trolling done in these quests.
    They put that there to prevent people from entering near the end of quest to prevent people from looting raid stuff that were not in raid when it started. Haven't you seen that in most raids now? The lockout feature.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    They put that there to prevent people from entering near the end of quest to prevent people from looting raid stuff that were not in raid when it started. Haven't you seen that in most raids now? The lockout feature.
    It's a bad feature though.

Lets say a group needs a cleric or fvs to help heal the raid.

My cleric lets say needs nothing from it.

Allowing character swaps before looting allows taking in the toon that will best help the party, while allowing the toon that needs it to still get the loot.

If citw didn't allow swaps for example every citw would have to be byoh.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    If they don't want people coming in at the end, why wouldn't they just use the system where you get no loot in the chest if you weren't present in the quest when the chest was spawned?

The same players who do things like that, tend to start doing stuff like killing the SR too soon, piking in the entrance to Titan, breaking crystals in Shroud, lava diving with the voice in Von, taking politics and religion in party chart, etc, etc, etc...

A quality player on Orien told my healer/first toon long ago, "You need to find better friends."

There are no trolls in FOT, only giants and dragons.

u mean greifing not trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Targal View Post
    5.Devs should patch to prevent players to open DD after the raid done.(only fot and reaver's fate)
    Also could work in MA, it has a lockout and rez timer as well.

So do LoB and citw, but citw has no lockout (edit, forgot the whole quest prevents DDoor actually) and in LoB you can't get to the chest until a couple minutes of cutscenes are done, which means either the griefer misses his own loot or you'll have time to rez.
    Last edited by ZeebaNeighba; 07-28-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Fairly easy fix here. Just make DDoor uncastable. It's not like it is of any benefit at all in that raid and it prevents griefing. They have a form of this in the Demonweb already. No teleports or ddoors of any kind in there. You have to recall out the long way. If it's seen as an issue, they can just disable ddoor in Reaver and FoT.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    There are no trolls in FOT, only giants and dragons.
    Im talking about activity - trolling, not trolls. Heh.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arianka View Post
    u mean greifing not trolling.
    Hmm, are those different? I'm not good at english in the internet, because I'm a korean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast