Default Dual Celestias or Celestia + Balizarde?

I have two celestias and a balizarde. What should I be using?
    Orien~
    Zents - FvS | Raylok - Bard | Parchy - Barbarian | Zentz - Rogue

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ploks View Post
    I have two celestias and a balizarde. What should I be using?
    Depends.

Do you need to break DR? Dual Celestias.

If your strength is high enough Balizard will do more damage against mobs without DR.

If you're dying a lot or taking lots of damage then the extra defensive buffs on Balizard could also be useful.

Are you a rouge? Dual celestial means more chance of blinding opponents which means more sneak attack damage.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Depends.

Do you need to break DR? Dual Celestias.

If your strength is high enough Balizard will do more damage against mobs without DR.

If you're dying a lot or taking lots of damage then the extra defensive buffs on Balizard could also be useful.

Are you a rouge? Dual celestial means more chance of blinding opponents which means more sneak attack damage.
    Pretty much this, although I'll add that even in EE's with a single Celestia I'm finding myself fighting large groups on blind enemies almost constantly.
    It makes you take a ton less damage.

I'd say play with it and see what works. I had a thread about this question myself not to long ago, and the general consensus was that if you get sneak attack Dual Celestia is the better DPS choice because of blindness, and also gave massive AOE damage for TWF build. Dual Balizarde was more single target DPS.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life10/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin, 2xMonk
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Pretty much this, although I'll add that even in EE's with a single Celestia I'm finding myself fighting large groups on blind enemies almost constantly.
    It makes you take a ton less damage.

I'd say play with it and see what works. I had a thread about this question myself not to long ago, and the general consensus was that if you get sneak attack Dual Celestia is the better DPS choice because of blindness, and also gave massive AOE damage for TWF build. Dual Balizarde was more single target DPS.
    I am of the minority opinion that nothing beats dual Agonies for pure DPS. I have them all and tried them all, and I keep going back to the Agonies.

Dual Zards are certainly something I would not do. To much redundancy.
    I use my Celestia when needing DR breaker, for some trash etc. But again, my Agonies are always first choice. Especially in a group where I less need to worry about agro. And even 1vs1 Ill use em. And especiallyer for bosses.
    ~~ Adrunil - Rogue. Halfling, big guy you can't miss him. ~~
    ~~ Adrunel - Monkcher. (Moncher?) ~~
    Robodoc - FvS Evoker-Healer. Post 19: Ended up LRing into 13/7 forc
    Orien server.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by SSFWEl View Post
    I am of the minority opinion that nothing beats dual Agonies for pure DPS. I have them all and tried them all, and I keep going back to the Agonies.
    If your base damage bonus is more than about 17 Balizard will beat it out from a pure DPS perspective.
    When the enhancement pass hits and assassin rogues can add 1 to the crit range and multiplier of daggers then agony will win.

I actually like Celestia pared with agony. I get blindness and improved deception.

Balizarde will still be 15 -20 x3, and if Knife specialization works after keen/imp crit ( like kensei 3 ) Agony will be 16 -20 x3.
    So, comparable ? Can't really quantify the value of other non damage effects.

Shahang (fvs caster), Bellezza (assassin), Wipekin (monkcher), Farida (air savant), Nezhat (melee) Ghallanda/Devourer

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    Balizarde will still be 15 -20 x3, and if Knife specialization works after keen/imp crit ( like kensei 3 ) Agony will be 16 -20 x3.
    So, comparable ? Can't really quantify the value of other non damage effects.
    When I tired out the enhancements during the preview knife specialization worked before keen making agony exactly the same as Balizard but with higher base damage and more extra damage effects.

That's pretty cool change for assassins. Drow dagger ( 18 - 20 x2 now ) would then be ?
    Not really familiar with d&d rules, what would be the crit profile for 17 - 20 x3 weapon ( if it even exists ) with improved crit. 14 - 20 ?
    Last edited by Encair; 07-28-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Shahang (fvs caster), Bellezza (assassin), Wipekin (monkcher), Farida (air savant), Nezhat (melee) Ghallanda/Devourer

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    That's pretty cool change for assassins. Drow dagger ( 18 - 20 x2 now ) would then be ?
    Not really familiar with d&d rules, what would be the crit profile for 17 - 20 x3 weapon ( if it even exists ) with improved crit. 14 - 20 ?
    Assuming what was described above is accurate (that it works before keen, unlike kensei), it would then be 13-20/x3 for drow dagger. That still may not out damage Agony unless you have good base damage modifiers (not counting the fact that you also lose imp deception, which you can get on another item).