Question Level drain well wearing deathbock armor?

For the last few days Ive been getting level drains well wearing deathblock armor. Has happened in GH slayers and walk ups and happened a couple of times doing cove yesterday. I think it might be a bug. I was doing hobgoblin liar lost 5 lev and about 30 sec later had all my lev back. that seems to be the case everytime. I loss some lev and have them all back in less then a min. Anyone else having this happen?

deathblock and deathward seems to be very confusing to players

http://ddowiki.com/page/Deathblock

http://ddowiki.com/page/Death_Ward

Deathblock != Deathward.
    You SHOULD be getting neg levels when wearing deathblock.

Only recently Deathblock has started preventing the damage from instant kills when you make your save against them (to remove the fact that it was better to fail the save, and having deathblock stop the death, than make your save and take damage), but it has never, ever stopped level drain.

The only bug I'm seeing there is you're regenerating way too fast. Do you have a cleric using healing burst ?
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    deathblock and deathward seems to be very confusing to players

http://ddowiki.com/page/Deathblock

http://ddowiki.com/page/Death_Ward
    I have to explain this to someone at least once a week.

I still have to remind guildies who've been playing as long as I have that when we need deathward for X quest, their deathblock item won't cut it.

If Turbine would replace every useless, obsolete loadscreen hint with "deathblock and deathward are completely different", at least four or five players would learn and remember.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    Deathblock != Deathward.
    You SHOULD be getting neg levels when wearing deathblock.

Only recently Deathblock has started preventing the damage from instant kills when you make your save against them (to remove the fact that it was better to fail the save, and having deathblock stop the death, than make your save and take damage), but it has never, ever stopped level drain.

The only bug I'm seeing there is you're regenerating way too fast. Do you have a cleric using healing burst ?
    I forgot about the difference between the 2.

My toon is multi-class cleric and yes I use healing burst. I didn't realize it remove neg lev thou.

Thanks

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spadeathome View Post
    I forgot about the difference between the 2.

My toon is multi-class cleric and yes I use healing burst. I didn't realize it remove neg lev thou.

Thanks
    That's a couple of really important points for any divine/divine splash. It MAY just be time for you to do a little fact checking and studying on your class and abilities. The same links above people used to show you the difference between deathblock/deathward lead to a fantastic wiki that has a wealth of information that will help you. It's in your best interest because your time can only get easier and more fun with this knowledge.