Default Epic Clonk concerns

So I have just returned from a lengthy break in playing, and I've gotten into leveling my third life clonk again. She's about to hit 20 and compared to when I last played, I now have menace of the underdark and epic destinies. This throws my build for a bit of a loop as when I made it I hadn't planned on being able to level past 20.
    So, I'm looking for advice on what people may think are the best choices for feats at 21 and 24.

at 20 she will be 17 Cleric/3 Monk, with two cleric past lives.
    Half-elf with Paladin dilettante.
    (I'm pulling the following information from my notes to give a bit more insight into the build, as the one in my character planner isn't correct)
    Ability scores at level 1: 16 Strength, 15 Dexterity, 14 Con, 8 Int, 14 Wis, 14 Cha.
    All ability points leveling have gone to strength.
    Skills: Generally try to maximize Concentration and Balance
    Selected feats:
    1: Toughness, Paladin Dilettante
    2: Two-Weapon Fighting
    3: Empower Healing Spell
    4: Power Attack
    6: Maximize Spell
    9: Stunning Fist, Path of Harmonious Balance
    12: Quicken Spell
    15: Improved Two Weapon Fighting
    18: Greater Two Weapon Fighting

As you can tell I built her to be a melee-focused cleric that is very adept at keeping herself alive. Right now at level 18 she's quite capable of doing everything I had hoped. She's been performing well at killing things, evading nasty spells, and keeping her allies alive. I don't like to pretend I'm anything but a cleric... I do my best to heal and after two previous battlecleric lives I hope I'm capable of that.

So since I'm about to hit level 20, and I'm fairly sure that Exalted Angel is the only epic destiny I would really want that's available to me, I'm wondering what people would think would be the best choices for feats. Thank you in advance for reading
    Server: Khyber
    Completionist!
    Pyrerose, the Mother of Life
    Life #26: Honey I Shrunk the Warlock - Pure 20 Warlock

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoscheerio View Post
    So I have just returned from a lengthy break in playing, and I've gotten into leveling my third life clonk again. She's about to hit 20 and compared to when I last played, I now have menace of the underdark and epic destinies. This throws my build for a bit of a loop as when I made it I hadn't planned on being able to level past 20.
    So, I'm looking for advice on what people may think are the best choices for feats at 21 and 24.

at 20 she will be 17 Cleric/3 Monk, with two cleric past lives.
    Half-elf with Paladin dilettante.
    (I'm pulling the following information from my notes to give a bit more insight into the build, as the one in my character planner isn't correct)
    Ability scores at level 1: 16 Strength, 15 Dexterity, 14 Con, 8 Int, 14 Wis, 14 Cha.
    All ability points leveling have gone to strength.
    Skills: Generally try to maximize Concentration and Balance
    Selected feats:
    1: Toughness, Paladin Dilettante
    2: Two-Weapon Fighting
    3: Empower Healing Spell
    4: Power Attack
    6: Maximize Spell
    9: Stunning Fist, Path of Harmonious Balance
    12: Quicken Spell
    15: Improved Two Weapon Fighting
    18: Greater Two Weapon Fighting

As you can tell I built her to be a melee-focused cleric that is very adept at keeping herself alive. Right now at level 18 she's quite capable of doing everything I had hoped. She's been performing well at killing things, evading nasty spells, and keeping her allies alive. I don't like to pretend I'm anything but a cleric... I do my best to heal and after two previous battlecleric lives I hope I'm capable of that.

So since I'm about to hit level 20, and I'm fairly sure that Exalted Angel is the only epic destiny I would really want that's available to me, I'm wondering what people would think would be the best choices for feats. Thank you in advance for reading
    This is outside my area of expertise, but since it's been 2 days with no replies I'll make a couple of quick observations.

First, if you were to re-post this under cleric you'd probably get a thousand replies.

Second, EA will do nothing for you melee abilities, and I'm not sure most clerics would even recommend it for healing when you can twist in some of the better abilities. Epic destinies are game changing. Fury will make a melee toon 5 times more effective at melee, so by choosing a dedicated healing path your melee ability is likely to fade into obscurity. My personal recommendation would be to angle for the very powerful (some say broken and OP) tree form in Primal Avatar, which is fueled nicely by your aura and therefor is nearly optimal for a melee cleric. Not being a tree fighter myself I'm not sure how it works with melee feats, but personally I think cleave and great cleave are the most powerful melee feats, even for a TWF toon. Overwhelming crit is universally loved, but I'm not sure how it plays with tree form either. Seek advice in the Cleric forum for sure.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoscheerio View Post
    I'm looking for advice on what people may think are the best choices for feats at 21 and 24.
    Though I don't have a Clonk myself, I have experience with monks, divines, and other melee.

I'd probably suggest Improved Critical: Bludgeoning at level 21 and then:

For more damage:
    - Power Attack or Precision (if you think you'll have problems hitting)
    - Fury of the Wild (FotW) destiny with some twists from Grandmaster of Flowers (GMoF)

For more spell effectiveness:
    - Empower Spell
    - Unyielding Sentinel destiny with twists from Exalted Angel or Exalted Angel destiny with twists from GMoF

For more survivability:
    - Epic Toughness
    - GMoF with twists from FotW and Exalted

Or mix and match what you want from all of that.

As was said, take IC:Bludgeon, then you have a free feat. Not sure what I'd take.. If nothing else, dodge always helps.

In regards to destiny, primal avatar is your best bet imo. Tree form is silly dps, aura+melee gives you a ton of spirit, and there's some nice perks in there. Exalted Angel... I don't see how it's worth it in regards to dps.

I'd also say play in dreadnought for a little bit, get legendary tactics and twist it.
    If you aren't boosting stun DC, you're wasting that feat. (Speaking from experience on my monkcher, who mainly used stunning fist while leveling... And hasn't gotten around to taking it out)

Community Member

Default Clonk hard to do both

1st off I am not an expert by any means. I have a clonk and am still leveling her. But I have a couple thought for you to think about. It looks like you went with the melee route with the +'s to strength instead of wisdom. So you may want to accept that you will most likely be "back-up" healing at epic levels ( EE for sure) as you will just not have the SP's to keep up with the healing. You also will find that your stunning fist will become useless with a lower wisdom, you would be better off with stunning blow ( which will also be hard to land without stunning wraps on). In EH and EE it may literally never hit. As the others have said you may wish to hit the melee type Epic Destiny's, as you appear to be more melee focused. This doesnt mean that you cant heal well, it will just be harder and you will run out of SP's fast. If you use the cleric prestige enhancements then you have a little wiggle room with regards to healing as you will have a little help with the PRE enhancements. With a low wisdom your spells like blade barrier and cometfall will also not hit often at epic levels( epic normal maybe, epic hard and elite will miss a lot). Epic toughness you may not be able to get as I think you need a base 21 con to take. If you have that then 50 more hit points is nice. You may think about taking 2 dodge feats as depending on which stance your in could really help out your survivability in epic level quests.

My clonk is wisdom based and I have steered myself to a main healer who happens to be able to stun almost anything, and back-up/3rd tier DPS. I cant do both

You may find that you will want to LR and make some new decisions. However I know there are some nice strength build clonks out there so you may be ok.

Community Member

[QUOTE=bigdmag;5053719]So you may want to accept that you will most likely be "back-up" healing at epic levels ( EE for sure) as you will just not have the SP's to keep up with the healing. /QUOTE]- Sential ed will heal with healing with the loh burst that regen and faster regen on turns. I have a clonk that I have main healed ee I sit arounf 1500 sp, I have leared to use loh and burst a lot, I also carry a lot of scrolls and sp potion is I make some mistakes. I finally got torc and found that because I have gone for dodge and have a blur gs item that torc is left in the bank.
    A Player of a clonk
    funniest thing I have read in a while=>
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    we'd rather spend that development time on things most players like.