Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: high road pack

Default high road pack

Ok am i the only one that noticed it now has a heroic version level 18 and slayer area. so is this going live as well? I'm kinda excited if this does because with the quest ransack timer i would be willing to do them on heroic then on epic again. So is this wai or a simple misunderstanding.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    Ok am i the only one that noticed it now has a heroic version level 18 and slayer area. so is this going live as well? I'm kinda excited if this does because with the quest ransack timer i would be willing to do them on heroic then on epic again. So is this wai or a simple misunderstanding.
    Really? I need to check that out. Anything at 18 is good news. Hopefully the xp is not terrible.

Well as there new chain reward thing is going out and the fact that the high road is part of it on epic then it is quite obvious that the heroic version has to have the high road as well so basically YES, and I think its lvl19 btw not 18

Community Member

That's awesome news if they have given High Road heroic stuff. I'll have to check it out when I log back onto Lamannia.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the Sands explorer area gets the Epic GH treatment soon. That area is begging for an Epic version, since there's so many nooks and crannies that the new randomized rares can appear in.

I guess the same thing can be done with Red Fens, but the Epic would need to be more populated than the current heroic version.

Quote Originally Posted by DogMania View Post
    Well as there new chain reward thing is going out and the fact that the high road is part of it on epic then it is quite obvious that the heroic version has to have the high road as well so basically YES, and I think its lvl19 btw not 18
    its 18 because that is what the slayer said. quests could be 18/19 i dunno know. its just what i read.

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    That's awesome news if they have given High Road heroic stuff. I'll have to check it out when I log back onto Lamannia.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the Sands explorer area gets the Epic GH treatment soon. That area is begging for an Epic version, since there's so many nooks and crannies that the new randomized rares can appear in.

I guess the same thing can be done with Red Fens, but the Epic would need to be more populated than the current heroic version.
    i would love to see sands get an epic area honestly. i think that would make people a little happier and at least people who enjoy slayer areas. giving them more xp to gather or just goof off in.

The devs confirmed the other night in one of the chats that the High Road will be Heroic as well. Nice for those Iconics starting out there.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

i honestly think its a great idea. So not only am i getting to see heroic versions of some of my favorite items but i have more quests to pick from.

So not only am i getting to see heroic versions of some of my favorite items
    Oh snap, I didn't even think of that. Sweet! I was too busy happy dancing just to have more high level heroic content.

The heroic forgotten light would have to be pretty darn sweet to have me consider using it over my scepter of healing, that's for sure.

Cool!
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Oh snap, I didn't even think of that. Sweet! I was too busy happy dancing just to have more high level heroic content.
    I think this right here is what I'm most looking forward to with the expansion. At this point we're looking at 15 new highish level heroic quests to add to our TR lives as well as a smoother xp curve at later levels. If anything I'm dreading the lower levels more now than higher levels. We'll see what they end up proposing with epic advantage there. My only concern is the xp of these heroic quests. I don't want them to end up being ridiculously low to the point that I log in, play Litany twice then log off for the day.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

hate to be a bubble burster, but will we still be able to get epic normal items from the chain reward still? If not, i'd honestly rather keep things the way they are

2015 DDO Players Council Ironforge_Clan's Avatar

Making a heroic version of the High Road wilderness area and quest just puts the final nail in the coffin of the Battlefield, ToD, IQ and the Refuge. Now IQ and the Refuge I really don't care about but the Battlefield was a pretty cool wilderness area and the quests weren't half bad. If the loot mechanic for ToD wasn't so awful and the other two areas of the Battlefield we were promised/teased with ever came to light then maybe we wouldn't need to have heroic FR.
    Axebiter, Cujo, Runeforge, Runefury, Runegoth, Runehealer, Runehamer, Runehorde, Runenight, Runesongs, Runezephyr
    And the forgotten: Runeaura, Runedevourer, Herstinkie, Runewolf,
    Caught somewhere between casual player and power gamer.

just checked first q - heroic is lv18 on norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironforge_Clan View Post
    Making a heroic version of the High Road wilderness area and quest just puts the final nail in the coffin of the Battlefield, ToD, IQ and the Refuge. Now IQ and the Refuge I really don't care about but the Battlefield was a pretty cool wilderness area and the quests weren't half bad. If the loot mechanic for ToD wasn't so awful and the other two areas of the Battlefield we were promised/teased with ever came to light then maybe we wouldn't need to have heroic FR.
    Yep... ebberron is dead.

Whether this was a Turbine choice or a WoTC choice, I don't know. I suspect the latter, since Turbine got Shadowfell and Nevererwinter got the Fey, which is the negative of Shadowfell. This to me is WoTC controlling the direction of their brand.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

2015 DDO Players Council Ironforge_Clan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Yep... ebberron is dead.

Whether this was a Turbine choice or a WoTC choice, I don't know. I suspect the latter, since Turbine got Shadowfell and Nevererwinter got the Fey, which is the negative of Shadowfell. This to me is WoTC controlling the direction of their brand.
    Whomever made the decision doesn't really matter. What does matter is that Turbine's focus is truly placed on the FR campaign. Which just means that all of the older content will surely be abandoned or go the route of the Harbor/Korthos and get a fresh over as a FR makeover. It is a shame because there is/was a great deal of very creative quests in DDO that will just become forgotten because they are either too hard to solo or don't offer maximum xp/minute. Personally I feel that they should have just focused the FR campaign on epic/end game and left Eberron for the heroic levels.
    Axebiter, Cujo, Runeforge, Runefury, Runegoth, Runehealer, Runehamer, Runehorde, Runenight, Runesongs, Runezephyr
    And the forgotten: Runeaura, Runedevourer, Herstinkie, Runewolf,
    Caught somewhere between casual player and power gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by uurlockygmeov View Post
    just checked first q - heroic is lv18 on norm.
    this is awesome!!!.

I guess that's one way of doing it, Just re-hash the same stuff...GH..keep your developers over on the New game Your designing. For the play station.
    Kahzadoom~Xzr~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~DoomTusk~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

I just logged in to check out Rest Stop on heroic hard. About 3.5k xp base which isn't bad for a zergable quest when you factor in all the optional xp like bravery and first time bonus. The others in the pack are probably worth it for first time, but not really farmable, if that's even a thing to consider anymore. A minor issue might be that since you can now earn bravery bonus on heroic, you won't get it on epic (at least that's how it seems to work on live with VoN, Fens, Sands, etc.). In some ways, that may be helpful. You can run it heroic elite to keep an elite streak going then when you reach epic, you can run it on normal and/or hard without breaking any streak, assuming the mechanics stay the same as live. I know some people keep an elite streak going through epic levels, but I'd imagine many players drop it before trying to keep it going into epic elite.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast