Thread: Bye

Hybrid View

Community Member

Default Bye

Sick to death of everything.

*There are no groups to speak of. You're lucky if you can get one other person to group, forget a full party. Raids? Unless it's Shroud, forget about it. About half the time now, you can't get a full group EVEN FOR SHROUD! Out of quests you can solo? Too bad, you're out of the game until someone miraculously hits your LFM, or add one of their own in vain hope that someone can hit it.
    *All of the bugs that never get fixed. Yes, there will be bugs in any game, especially an MMO. The sheer number of unfixed bugs is absurd.
    *The memory leaks; crashes. I can't switch characters more than once before needing to restart my client, if not my computer. Ever since Update 15, every time i start/restart my computer, I can't do my first login without a crash. The game runs fine after that, but it can still easily take 30 minutes to start the game, log in to my account, log in to a server, log into a char, crash, and do it all over again and hope it doesn't crash me this time. I keep my computer in tip-top shape. I've bug reported this more than once.
    *Constantly commercializing everything. Yes, Turbine is a business, and Turbine needs to make money. There are better ways to make money than dragging the player completely out of the experience to try and sell people junk from the DDO store at every possible opportunity.
    *Turbine's treatment of the playerbase. If it seems as though we're you're enemy, Turbine, it's because you seem to think that we are. Players act suspicious and mistru****l of you because you keeps trying to pull fast ones on us. There are always going to be people being rude because they can be, but when most of the forum has a beef with you, you're probably doing something wrong.
    *All of the unnecessary changes. Poison/disease, I understand. I strongly disagree, but I understand why it was done. Enhancements worked fine, mostly. Armor class? Well, you messed up the 95% miss tanks, but every class that used AC to survive (rogue, monk) got screwed bad. Massive HP totals and powerhealing through everything is the only reliable way to survive now. I joined DDO because that's what I didn't want to see. If that was what I wanted to see, I would have joined WoW. Likewise, removing epic tokens from FR was annoying, not to mention a cheap money grab for hearts. Well, you gave us some stupid excuse as to why it should be Eberron-only, but then why don't they drop from Epic Gianthold?
    *Declaring bugs WAI. This is a new thing, but it really gets under my skin. Something doesn't work, and instead of fixing it summarily or taking it down until it can be fixed, it's declared WAI now.
    *All of the nerfs. The game doesn't need to be balanced around who can beat who up in PvP, who can lead the killcount, and ESPECIALLY not who can get an 85+ DC on Wail. Someone will figure out some way to game the system. It's as true in RL as is is in a video game. And when barbs are complaining that someone has a cool class skill that they don't, the correct solution is never to nerf everybody except barbs.
    *The ED XP wipe. This is probably a factor in lack of groups. Nobody wants to play a character that can't TR anymore and will likely be stuck at cap forever. Unless that person would rather have their hard work wiped out. Maybe if this concept of binding EDs was introduced shortly after MotU, there would be less griping about it. By the time Shadowfell Conspiracy hits, EDs will be out for 1 year and 55 days. It's very believable that someone could have 2 or more capped destinies per toon if they TRed immediately after capping each one. This won't just hit crazy players who have way too much time on their hands, this affects pretty much everybody who's leveled their destinies. If someone up top reads this bullet point, they might think "Oh, let's never let our players hear about anything bad ever again." That's not the point. The point is that it's a bad thing that it's happening in the first place, and we'll find out before, when there might be time to change it (stop laughing!), or it could hit us like a train in the release notes, if we're lucky enough not to be the poor saps who don't read the release notes and just TRed on patch day.

Well, I'm gone. It was a pretty great game for awhile, but everyone has their limits of what they can put up with. Thanks to everyone who grouped with me, showed me the ropes, and made my time in Eberron and the Forgotten realms a blast. So long, and thanks for all the fish!

[No, you can't have my stuff. Everything I have that's worth having is bound, nor do I have any amount of plat worth speaking of.]

EDIT: Really, Turbine? Your forums censor s t f u is mistru s t f u l? The forums are another thing that I should have added to "unneccessary changes".
    Last edited by Merlin-ator; 07-27-2013 at 01:32 PM. Reason: How hard it is to do a Scunthorpe test on your own website?

Community Member

Best of luck in your future endeavours.

I can certainly understand your views, I share many of them myself.

Can't say I'm at quite the same point as you, but it wouldn't surprise me if I followed you in the not too distant future.

Well, Scunthorpe Test made it!
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin-ator View Post
    Sick to death of everything.
    I'm sick of horribly formatted walls of text. I'm also sick of those who complain about LFMs being insufficient but are too lazy to try the alternative methods. Lastly I'm sick of those who complain about mechanics that haven't even hit live yet.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 07-27-2013 at 03:34 PM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    I'm sick of horribly formatted walls of text. I'm also sick of those who complain about LFMs being insufficient but are too lazy to try the alternative methods. Lastly I'm sick of those who complain about mechanics that haven't even hit live yet.
    So then get off the forum.

Community Member

see you in September.

Community Member

Default Wow

Well you sure showed them with a hastily written, poorly formatted, mountain of droll that leads little to nowhere.

If you are gonna spend the energy to complain, at least be productive. Every rant of ill thought spew that seeps out just gives the Turbine Apologists and Devils Advocates more ammo to disregard legitimate concerns with, and in general paints up anyone who would like to see positive change as someone on...well, your level.

But I'm sure you feel better. Maybe next time if you need to vent but can't come up with something worth while, write a letter to yourself and put it in a drawer somewhere.

he did insinuate that he tried the alternative method of putting up an lfm and hoping more than 1 person would join. if there is another method, what is it? soloing? he said he did that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    if there is another method, what is it?
    Guild/user chats. I don't see the point of a large discussion here as it will just rehash everything said in previous discussions. Discussions that you have been a part of so faking ignorance won't work.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 07-27-2013 at 09:27 PM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Guild/user chat for forming parties. It has been mentioned in numerous threads such as this one. You've typically been active in those threads so ignorance isn't an excuse.
    ah yes. the typical "everyone is in a large guild and all guild members will/can help their guildies". forgot about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    the typical "everyone is in a large guild and all guild members will/can help their guildies".
    Modified account size for my guild is 11. Average activity fluctuates depending on the time of day/year, but generally it rests at three members online. I am currently in two user channels. One typically sits around 15 members and the other at half of that. Typically I am running with one guildie and we drag in friends we know. We rarely put up an LFM because our experience with pugs has been anything but stellar.

These statements that you need a large guild are absurd and simply not true. If anything my experience has been smaller guilds are better for getting groups.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Guild/user chats. I don't see the point of a large discussion here as it will just rehash everything said in previous discussions. Discussions that you have been a part of so faking ignorance won't work.
    FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!! Don't back off you pansies.

Anyway OP i hope you find something thats more enjoyable for *you* to do instead of DDO, best wishes and all that.

Community Member

Why can't people use lines between paragraphs when rage quitting.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member

Guilds and user channels are ruining the game. Don't participate in this if you love the game and want to see it continue. I for one use to just solo quests through my TR, but now I purposely put up LFMs so that others can participate that cannot. Guild raids/channels are doing the same thing. The more LFMs (and selective LFMs are just as bad), the better strength this game has.

DDO will never compete with the player base of other MMOs. But especially with Warner Bros. as the chief financial investor behind Turbine, this game will die if they lose too many more players. Sure some of the decisions by devs are changing this game, but give it some time and continue to provide constructive and critical feedback to them.

Ignore this if you could care less if this game survives, but take heed if you want to continue to enjoy this game as much as I do for as long as you can.

If DDO dies, it will be for this reason. All the selfish vets that can't handle losing -10% xp or having the quest not run 100% smoothly, so they run in exclusive parties. How does this help the player base? For every person that rage quits over Turbine's mishandling of the game, we need to replace them with a fresh player, but without guidance and LFMs they won't stick around to join a good guild OR find out about your stupid user chats. This practice has gotten worse and worse lately. Have a heart and throw up an LFM
    Cannith - Sorrion - Glassbones - Galodon - Farsnipe
    Sarlona - Glassbones

Thank you very much for your time spent with DDO, and we hope to see you return to the game soon!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

I'm sick of horribly formatted walls of text. I'm also sick of those who complain about LFMs being insufficient but are too lazy to try the alternative methods.
    Alternative methods?

What? Hanging a prokchop around your neck and hoping for some hungry homeless man will join for the free buffet?