Community Member

Default Pardon my noobish ignorance...

...but why do people keep putting a "j" in the word "heal," as in "hjealz"? At first I though it was a typo, but it's so prevalent, that it's obviously intentional.

(My guess is that it's intended to be derogatory: thanks to Urban Dictionary, we all know what "hj" stands for, amirite? wink, wink, nudge, nudge, saynomore, saynomore.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gate-keeper View Post
    ...but why do people keep putting a "j" in the word "heal," as in "hjealz"? At first I though it was a typo, but it's so prevalent, that it's obviously intentional.

(My guess is that it's intended to be derogatory: thanks to Urban Dictionary, we all know what "hj" stands for, amirite? wink, wink, nudge, nudge, saynomore, saynomore.)
    My guess is it is gaming lingo like "pwn." No clue, not part of my "generation."

First off, newb(short for newbie) means you are new. This condition is curable by time, information, and experience. Noob means someone who will not learn better no matter what. You have already proven yourself to be a newb simply by asking for information. A true noob would never do so.

Now, HJEAL ME is what healers see noobs type as they are on the other side of the dungeon with all the mobs gathered on them and they are rapidly dying. It has become a meme of sorts to indicate what someone who plays with no regard towards self preservation or self healing says when they realize they have bitten off more than they can chew. It is simply someone hitting the keyboard too fast and getting the h and j keys hit at the same time. But, now it can be an inside joke among friends, an ugly demand, or an insult.

In the example you use above where it is found in an LFM, it means that only people who intend to heal need apply. No melee FVS, evokers, etc. JUST people who understand they are to heal the party.
    Last edited by susiedupfer; 07-27-2013 at 12:39 PM.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Community Member

And here all this time I thought it was some strange dig at Scandinavians.