Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Default Cove: I know it just started...but where IS everybody?

So far I've seen precious few LFMS for the cove, and very small "slayer" groups, especially at the higher levels but also at most levels.

Nothing like 20 person slayer groups but so far if you get 5 people its above average. And used to be you could either start or join a last minute lfm and fill up and rush in, or there would be several groups already formed and if you didn't join ahead of time - oh well! Now if you look for an LFM they're rare (especially 20+) and if you start one you will have to fight to get a full group. Each time the cove came some of us became addicted and ended up staying up later than we should for that one last "run".

Now I agree its only been open for less than 2 days, and maybe people don't read the forums, and maybe people are on vacation, but is it also the lack of new items (ML24+?) or the fact that a lot of the higher level people already "have what they want" or think they do? I'm surprised more don't run it just for the fun of it.

I hope its just starting, and picks up steam....I want the cove to keep running for years to come and be successful.

Nothing new available nothing made better. Why bother it isn't like the cove is a new event most vets have what they need or want and are done with it. Plus with the level cap about to increase might as well get high end gear ready for a whole new grind. Just my 2cp

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

I wouldn't say the lfm panel was littered with cove lfms, but when I logged on last night there were a lot. could be server or time of day. I don't bother with it since I don't need anything from there and there is a xp bonus going on, so I would rather play my characters running quests.

Quote Originally Posted by crazedmonki View Post
    Nothing new available nothing made better. Why bother it isn't like the cove is a new event most vets have what they need or want and are done with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I don't bother with it since I don't need anything from there and there is a xp bonus going on, so I would rather play my characters running quests.
    This pretty much sums it up for me. I have everything I want from cove. I might help some guildies out if they want to run it, but otherwise I'll be staying away.

Community Member

Default the cove or beta

Don't forget that lamania is open as well so a lot of us with beta access will be on that during the times its open

I did open a raid party for slaying yesterday on thelanis and it filled (12 toons) during 15 minutes. Then we split - my group ended with 5 ppl having max two levels below

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art20/Epic8/Epic8 -> Rng10), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic8/Epic8)

Community Member

Default I love it when Kobolds hate me

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post
    Now I agree its only been open for less than 2 days, and maybe people don't read the forums, and maybe people are on vacation, but is it also the lack of new items (ML24+?) or the fact that a lot of the higher level people already "have what they want" or think they do? I'm surprised more don't run it just for the fun of it.

I hope its just starting, and picks up steam....I want the cove to keep running for years to come and be successful.
    For me and all guildmates I've talked to, the delay is because we're just finding out about it - a guildmate saw it on Zone Chat last night and I'm here this morning to make sure it's true. We'll probably hop in tomorrow, but maybe later in the week as the Festival of Tymora is on through the 29th and it's dropping some really nice stuff at a good rate.

"Having Enough" and "Not 24" isn't an issue for us, the gear it BTA and decent if not stellar, so there is always room to kick some alt-shared gear up a tier or grab a second copy of something that I'm swapping between characters often. And cove is *FUN*. I got a late start in the very first Cove, but I've heavily played every one since.

Cove is also the only time I PUG more than rarely. I'm an OK torch runner, and if there aren't any guildmates to run with I can usually find a group happy to have me despite the mediocre gear and HP on the characters I like to play.

I think releasing Cove now is a brilliant stroke of strategy. It is among the most casual friendly content DDO has, and is about the only thing that can pull back to DDO many of us who are waiting out the Enhancement Pass elswhere. I haven't played in a couple of months, but I've taken a peek at the forums occasionally and I think ProducerRowan is off to a great start, I feel better about the future of this game now than I have at any point in the last 18 months.

So yeah, I agree with you - it's a great event and I hope it stays strong for years to come.
    I'm only an occasional player since ShadowFell, please forgive me if I'm not up to speed on anything that's changed since then.

Quote Originally Posted by LucidLTS View Post
    For me and all guildmates I've talked to, the delay is because we're just finding out about it - a guildmate saw it on Zone Chat last night and I'm here this morning to make sure it's true. We'll probably hop in tomorrow, but maybe later in the week as the Festival of Tymora is on through the 29th and it's dropping some really nice stuff at a good rate.

"Having Enough" and "Not 24" isn't an issue for us, the gear it BTA and decent if not stellar, so there is always room to kick some alt-shared gear up a tier or grab a second copy of something that I'm swapping between characters often. And cove is *FUN*. I got a late start in the very first Cove, but I've heavily played every one since.

Cove is also the only time I PUG more than rarely. I'm an OK torch runner, and if there aren't any guildmates to run with I can usually find a group happy to have me despite the mediocre gear and HP on the characters I like to play.

I think releasing Cove now is a brilliant stroke of strategy. It is among the most casual friendly content DDO has, and is about the only thing that can pull back to DDO many of us who are waiting out the Enhancement Pass elswhere. I haven't played in a couple of months, but I've taken a peek at the forums occasionally and I think ProducerRowan is off to a great start, I feel better about the future of this game now than I have at any point in the last 18 months.

So yeah, I agree with you - it's a great event and I hope it stays strong for years to come.
    Great Post!

And I have to say that the Devs missed a trick when they surprised us all by opening Cove with NO Marketing/Adverts etc.
    The ONLY reason I knew it was open was because I'd just that instant logged into the game!

The Forum Post came a few minutes later!

It seems clear that the Devs thought processes were "Hey...Where are all the Players?"
    "I know...Let's Open Cove - That'll bring em back"
    Yeah OK...Do it!

Only they forgot to notify us all that it was on the way!

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Great Post!

And I have to say that the Devs missed a trick when they surprised us all by opening Cove with NO Marketing/Adverts etc.
    The ONLY reason I knew it was open was because I'd just that instant logged into the game!

The Forum Post came a few minutes later!

It seems clear that the Devs thought processes were "Hey...Where are all the Players?"
    "I know...Let's Open Cove - That'll bring em back"
    Yeah OK...Do it!

Only they forgot to notify us all that it was on the way!
    Y'know, I wonder if what happened was, some Community Reps were reading the forum and saw the discussion about "When's the cove coming back", and talked to some folks, thought back to the last time they had to delay cove because of expansion, took into account the fact that the cove is Right Now Ready To Go and there is a perfect window between now and the expansion, considered that everyone would be overwhelmed with the expansion when it came out and any needed...*cough* adjustments, and decided now was the perfect time to flip the switch.

I.e. it was a spur of the moment decision that now would be a great time. So they did.

But thats pure conjecture on my part, a total stab in the dark.

Community Member

Default Are the Crystal Cove gems bugged for everyone?

Hello everyone, I have been having a problem upgrading and getting the Treasure Hunter's Spyglass. I have some screen shots of what's going on. It seems the crafting device does not recognize that I have the gems. I was wondering if it is just me or is it happening to everyone?