Default Green Steel Crafting Recipes Websites???

Can someone plx help me find a ez way to see what GS i can make. I was looking on the forms for a post or link to the recipes but couldn't find one that needed decoding. I tried DDO Wiki but, i would like to see the item and not try to decode the wording on the items. Thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    No one that throws together a bunch of numbers and calls it fact is going to give you and real accurate answer, there's too many variables and it's all biased towards there own personal outlooks on how it should be, not how it is. Numbers are too easy to manipulate.
    So sad but true.

Try googling this: ddo greensteel planner. I personally like the one on the cubicleninja site. Though it is being upadated, and i personally liked the old layout better.

tihocan's montreal planner is probably what you're looking for.

I love all of JJ's tools on the cubicleninha site except the GS planner. I can't make heads or tails out of it because I came to the game after shroud crafting was established. This means I don't have the first clue about any of the underlying mechanics of greensteel crafting. So things like "positive-negative-positive" or "air-earth-fire" or whatever mean nothing to me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    tihocan's montreal planner is probably what you're looking for.

I love all of JJ's tools on the cubicleninha site except the GS planner. I can't make heads or tails out of it because I came to the game after shroud crafting was established. This means I don't have the first clue about any of the underlying mechanics of greensteel crafting. So things like "positive-negative-positive" or "air-earth-fire" or whatever mean nothing to me at all.
    I don't understand all that mumbo jumbo either. I just write it down exactly, and then find it in the crafting altar itself.

The old version of jj's planner with the drop down boxes made it very easy to see what it's possible to make. It's the exact same layout as his awesome cannith crafting planner. The upgraded version has everything on screen at once, which makes for a lot of list searching, which i'm not a fan of.

My bookmark still takes me to the old version of his planner, but if you do a google search for it now, you can only get the new one. I suspect that eventually my bookmark won't work either.

I know a lot of people recommend the planner you linked, but i personally find it tedious and confusing to use. I had it bookmarked at one point, but removed it. I guess it's just a personal preference thing.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    I don't understand all that mumbo jumbo either. I just write it down exactly, and then find it in the crafting altar itself.

The old version of jj's planner with the drop down boxes made it very easy to see what it's possible to make. It's the exact same layout as his awesome cannith crafting planner. The upgraded version has everything on screen at once, which makes for a lot of list searching, which i'm not a fan of.

My bookmark still takes me to the old version of his planner, but if you do a google search for it now, you can only get the new one. I suspect that eventually my bookmark won't work either.

I know a lot of people recommend the planner you linked, but i personally find it tedious and confusing to use. I had it bookmarked at one point, but removed it. I guess it's just a personal preference thing.
    Nope, the old version of my planner will not be going away any time soon. If you google for ddo greensteel, it should still be the 3rd link (on perfectweb) and the 4th link is to the new version (on my cubicleninja domain). I'm still watching for recipe changes to make sure I keep them in sync, but they both pull from the same data source so they'll always be updated at the same time for those who use my planners.

-JJ

I remember why I have trouble with the cubicleninja planner. Take, for example, one of the more common items I make: concordant opposition.

I have no idea what "aspect" a concordant opposition item is. For either cubicleninja interface I scroll first to the letter "c" and get no hits on concordant opposition, leaving me a whole lot of reading to try and find it. The one with the dropdowns has me reading a bunch in both the "tier 3 effect" and "tier 3 bonus effect" dropdowns, since for I all know it could be either, while the newer interface has me reading through a ton of effects since all three tiers are in one list.

The montreal planner lets me just click concordant opposition without any scrolling or reading. If I already knew what aspect each effect was I might prefer cubicleninja, but knowing nothing about the effects I want except the name, the montreal one is much faster.

EDIT: I'd like to add that I lurve the cubicleninja crafting planner to death, as well as the named item browser. I used to love the puzzle solver back when I needed it, too. hehheh.

I remember why I have trouble with the cubicleninja planner. Take, for example, one of the more common items I make: concordant opposition.

I have no idea what "aspect" a concordant opposition item is. For either cubicleninja interface I scroll first to the letter "c" and get no hits on concordant opposition, leaving me a whole lot of reading to try and find it. The one with the dropdowns has me reading a bunch in both the "tier 3 effect" and "tier 3 bonus effect" dropdowns, since for I all know it could be either, while the newer interface has me reading through a ton of effects since all three tiers are in one list.

The montreal planner lets me just click concordant opposition without any scrolling or reading. If I already knew what aspect each effect was I might prefer cubicleninja, but knowing nothing about the effects I want except the name, the montreal one is much faster.

EDIT: I'd like to add that I lurve the cubicleninja crafting planner to death, as well as the named item browser. I used to love the puzzle solver back when I needed it, too. hehheh.
    Would it be helpful if I added a textbox word filter to the top of the list so you could type in part of the name of the effect you want and have it filter the list to those?

-JJ

**EDIT**

Went ahead and added the keyword filter to the cubicleninja greensteel crafter. It will let you type a keyword that is in the name or description of an effect now.
    Last edited by jjflanigan; 07-27-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post
    Would it be helpful if I added a textbox word filter to the top of the list so you could type in part of the name of the effect you want and have it filter the list to those?
    I've been thinking a little about how I would design a shroud planner using the interface elements common to your tools. (Comboboxes, listboxes, option buttons, etc...) Such an interface is no trivial matter to come up with, as I surely don't need to tell you. If I come with something I get excited about I'll be sure to post (or PM) it for you to consider.

A search box definitely helps, yes. There's a secondary problem of not knowing what my options are, so not knowing what to search for in the first place.

I've been thinking a little about how I would design a shroud planner using the interface elements common to your tools. (Comboboxes, listboxes, option buttons, etc...) Such an interface is no trivial matter to come up with, as I surely don't need to tell you. If I come with something I get excited about I'll be sure to post (or PM) it for you to consider.

A search box definitely helps, yes. There's a secondary problem of not knowing what my options are, so not knowing what to search for in the first place.
    Being able to browse options is why i like the one with the dropdown boxes. I always start at tier 3, and then work backwards. It automatically limits the options at each tier to those which will have the final tier 3 result i want.